Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was a very difficult decision Fold my hand
What you think?

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/824tnWSv6

pokerstars Home Game Hand #207903644946: {CardsChat League B} Tournament #2775285835, 17000+3000 Hold'em No Limit - Level II (20/40) - 2020/01/06 18:17:52 ET
Table '2775285835 3' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: dakota-xx (2500 in chips)
Seat 2: hughdhat (1107 in chips)
Seat 3: freeringo (2920 in chips)
Seat 4: ELPRIIINCIPE (5173 in chips)
Seat 5: macfloyd1981 (2880 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 6: kittykittyka (2548 in chips)
Seat 7: dpksr (3000 in chips)
Seat 8: LegagyCC (2751 in chips)
Seat 9: Dennehy_1974 (3626 in chips)
hughdhat: posts small blind 20
freeringo: posts big blind 40
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to LegagyCC [Ad Ts]
ELPRIIINCIPE: folds
macfloyd1981: folds
kittykittyka: folds
dpksr: folds
LegagyCC: raises 120 to 160
Dennehy_1974: folds
dakota-xx: calls 160
hughdhat: folds
freeringo: calls 120
*** FLOP *** [3s Tc 4s]
freeringo: checks
LegagyCC: bets 500
dakota-xx: raises 500 to 1000
freeringo: raises 1760 to 2760 and is all-in
LegagyCC: folds
dakota-xx: calls 1340 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (420) returned to freeringo
*** TURN *** [3s Tc 4s] [7c]
*** RIVER *** [3s Tc 4s 7c] [6s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
freeringo: shows [As Js] (a flush, Ace high)
dakota-xx: shows [Th Td] (three of a kind, Tens)
freeringo collected 5680 from pot
dakota-xx finished the tournament in 27th place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 5680 | Rake 0
Board [3s Tc 4s 7c 6s]
Seat 1: dakota-xx (button) showed [Th Td] and lost with three of a kind, Tens
Seat 2: hughdhat (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: freeringo (big blind) showed [As Js] and won (5680) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 4: ELPRIIINCIPE folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: macfloyd1981 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: kittykittyka folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: dpksr folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: LegagyCC folded on the Flop
Seat 9: Dennehy_1974 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
easy fold in my opinion, no need to pot bet with only a T, the raise represents a flush draw or a set, and is what happen

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
easy fold in my opinion, no need to pot bet with only a T, the raise represents a flush draw or a set, and is what happen

You're right!

In a CardsChat league game I disagree 100%. No matter what he had I was clearly ahead - I did not just have a T - I had the highest possible set. I had the best possible hand when we got it all in.

Most league players are not risking most of their chips that early in a league game on a draw. He would have been left with just over 400 chips if he failed to hit.

Especially against a player I know like Jeff - that was a very risky play for him - and I felt he had to have one of the lower sets there and it was 100% right for me to call with the better hand in my opinion.

I was willing to put my chips in KNOWING I was ahead. He was willing to put his in KNOWING he was behind.

I ended up being wrong - but with the information I had at the time it was the right call. Folding there is a nit play. It is easy to say "easy fold" after you see the river. :)

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In a CardsChat league game I disagree 100%. No matter what he had I was clearly ahead - I did not just have a T - I had the highest possible set. I had the best possible hand when we got it all in.

Most league players are not risking most of their chips that early in a league game on a draw. He would have been left with just over 400 chips if he failed to hit.

Especially against a player I know like Jeff - that was a very risky play for him - and I felt he had to have one of the lower sets there and it was 100% right for me to call with the better hand in my opinion.

I was willing to put my chips in KNOWING I was ahead. He was willing to put his in KNOWING he was behind.

I ended up being wrong - but with the information I had at the time it was the right call. Folding there is a nit play. It is easy to say "easy fold" after you see the river. :)

???

the thread is about if Edison fold is hard or not, and I say is easy, because he only had a T and has no need to bet the pot
you reply me like I say your set with T is a easy fold, I don't get

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
???

the thread is about if Edison fold is hard or not, and I say is easy, because he only had a T and has no need to bet the pot
you reply me like I say your set with T is a easy fold, I don't get

Oh lol. I thought when he said he was posting this hand it was about mine and Jeff's hands. \\

Yea his was an easy fold in that situation.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
nice hand

It was a very difficult decision Fold my hand
What you think?

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/824tnWSv6

PokerStars Home Game Hand #207903644946: {CardsChat League B} Tournament #2775285835, 17000+3000 Hold'em No Limit - Level II (20/40) - 2020/01/06 18:17:52 ET
Table '2775285835 3' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: dakota-xx (2500 in chips)
Seat 2: hughdhat (1107 in chips)
Seat 3: freeringo (2920 in chips)
Seat 4: ELPRIIINCIPE (5173 in chips)
Seat 5: macfloyd1981 (2880 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 6: kittykittyka (2548 in chips)
Seat 7: dpksr (3000 in chips)
Seat 8: LegagyCC (2751 in chips)
Seat 9: Dennehy_1974 (3626 in chips)
hughdhat: posts small blind 20
freeringo: posts big blind 40
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to LegagyCC [Ad Ts]
ELPRIIINCIPE: folds
macfloyd1981: folds
kittykittyka: folds
dpksr: folds
LegagyCC: raises 120 to 160
Dennehy_1974: folds
dakota-xx: calls 160
hughdhat: folds
freeringo: calls 120
*** FLOP *** [3s Tc 4s]
freeringo: checks
LegagyCC: bets 500
dakota-xx: raises 500 to 1000
freeringo: raises 1760 to 2760 and is all-in
LegagyCC: folds
dakota-xx: calls 1340 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (420) returned to freeringo
*** TURN *** [3s Tc 4s] 7♣
*** RIVER *** [3s Tc 4s 7c] 6♠
*** SHOW DOWN ***
freeringo: shows [As Js] (a flush, Ace high)
dakota-xx: shows [Th Td] (three of a kind, Tens)
freeringo collected 5680 from pot
dakota-xx finished the tournament in 27th place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 5680 | Rake 0
Board [3s Tc 4s 7c 6s]
Seat 1: dakota-xx (button) showed [Th Td] and lost with three of a kind, Tens
Seat 2: hughdhat (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: freeringo (big blind) showed [As Js] and won (5680) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 4: ELPRIIINCIPE folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: macfloyd1981 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: kittykittyka folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: dpksr folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: LegagyCC folded on the Flop
Seat 9: Dennehy_1974 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Hi there mackmasterss very nice hand! Thank you for posting. (you are LegagyCC right?)
I don't know if I should be making a comment here (because I believe I understand more about cash), but it seems a very interesting hand.
First of all, I would not even C-Bet this flop with all of my TPTKs 3 handed and out of position in relation to an experient player (dakota-xx) in the BTN.
Because, at least in cash games, when I C-bet I will never make any draw to leave, any set will leave, and I can get easily be check-raised by the same draws that could call.
Because it is just the second or third level of blinds and we are very big with chips, so I see no need for doing it.
This is why I say I don't play too much tournaments, but it seems hero's preflop raise was 4x. Why that huge? Because when we make a huge preflop raise, we are not going to get calls from experient players with nonsense hands. (dakotta called a 4x open raise with TT and freeringo called with AJ, those are hands that would be 3betting/Squeezing this spot from time to time, but given that preflop raise is pretty big, the flat call is also a possibility)

Second of all, I would never bet 100% pot here, out of posion in a flop like this with all of my TPTK. I just giving excelent odds for those who had a 33, TT, 44, A2, A5, JJ, QQ and two random spades to bluff me out of the pot. High variance spot for excelence, it seems to me.
If we get single raised here at the flop, are we happy with our TPTK, knowing that many turns will end our action and that we already invested too much?
If we didn't C-bet the flop, it is most likely that dakota-xx would and then freeringo will raise giving us a very easy and cheap fold. 4x preflop raise + 100% C-bet flop seems that you were trying to make everything fold.

Third, If I were in freeringo's shoes I would easily fold this flush nuts draw. :eek:
Because BB (freeringo) is still very big, and there was a huge 100% pot from LP bet flop and a mini-raise from BTN! OMG!
If I were in the level 8, at least I could be doing it because the 40% times I hit my flush and take maybe two stacks with one shot, I will be in a very good position for fighting to the final table. Although I know that I am far behind, at least 60% of times.
I will never risk my tournament with a flush in the early stages of a tournament. (until lvl 4 having a decent stack size, around 20-30 blinds, I see no reason for it)
dakota-xx played correctly it's impossible to fold top set here.
I would like to know if I have a cash mentality or if it is correct to shove flush draws out of position (40% equity?) against two players in early stages of a tournament.
Is there some explanation for it? ICM, or I don't know tournaments are so complicated

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands