Gohaku's MTTs Journey

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,

Firstly i'm writing this to share a little about my experiences in poker this year. What i've learned and maybe other would want to do this also if they are looking for a stable bankroll and growth.

So i started 2018 with $0 in my bankroll, wanted for so long to make a stable plan and bankroll so i can just play whenever and be somehow consistent. Started learning cash games, made a deposit of around $120 went up to like $500 playing cash games but realized that i'm spending all my time home playing cash games so i can get enough hands to matter in any way and to have a decent sample.

My goal was to finish 2018 by hitting $1000 bankroll for the first time. SO i decided to switch to MTTs (Since i don't like the paying structures on SNG's).

I don't play for money so i didn't had to make a plan of cashing out and stuff like that, i decided that i will deposit money when there are promotions that give free money and free stuff cause why not, it's free money in the end.(Unfortunately there was just like 1 offer like this since i planned to do it, rest were useless :( )

My plan is to play 3 sessions every week (this is max) sometime 2 depending on other plans, on tuesday, friday and saturday (Soon will probably change to friday saturday and sunday duo to starting my masters degree in 2 weeks).

After changing to MTTs alot changed, i started learning about bankroll management, working on my mtt play on different stages, ranges, defending, pretty much everything i could find. Wanted to go with a 200+BI for MTTs, which many would consider tight. Anyway with $500 there were not many MTTs i could play between 4:00 and 6:00 my time, since that is the range of hours i start all my MTTs so they don't finish too late into the night.

I could only play 1 $2.2 MTT ( yeah only one 2.2 that i wanted to play was between those hours) and some $1.1s and $0.55. After i went up in BR to over $600.. well, there were no $3.3s i could play at all :confused:. But finally after 4 months and a 1st and a 2nd place in a $1.1 mtt i hit the $1000 i wanted to hit this year, and i can play $4.4s with my BR management and barely hit 200BI for 5.5s. Because i kind of skipped $2.2s even and $3.3 completely i don't feel going into 5.5s like that.

Finally found a way to change this :icon_sant and don't affect my Bankroll at all. Everytime i feel like playing those i'm gonna deposit $12 before doing it and play the Big 4.4 at 16:00 and the $5.5 daily marathon. This way i won't see a change in the wrong direction because i would feel i lost more than i should playing those (yeah mental things are weird, lose the same amount but feel better about it).

Don't really have another target for this year, maybe you can help me with one, maybe someone can give a feedback about my plan and what are others opinion on everything i said. In the end it went well and i am happy with it :joyman:. I don't know what could i post really about the next steps, maybe try to put a monthly something, maybe others would join in this too and in some time we would meet at a final table :D that would be cool. (Long goal of everything would be to get to play $11ABI, hope this will happen someday, and it should be only around $1k away :)).

Good luck anyone, i know maybe no one will read everything i just said everything was in my mind and i enjoyed sharing this :D will probably post more on CardsChat too and join the Fall League also :rolleyes: so see you there :icon_sant

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GL, try your best to not suck on the tables :p

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're going to deposit every day, so you don't mentally feel like you're a losing playing??? Mind Blown

2Rockets2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question

Does anyone know why my post number keeps changing example i posted and it said i had 18 posts then posted again and it was at 2 then posted again and it was at 16 kinda strange

2Rockets2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question

How tight is to tight in mtt i seam to do better playing only about 10 hands is this to tight??

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're going to deposit every day, so you don't mentally feel like you're a losing playing??? Mind Blown
How you said it seems kind of strange and funny [emoji23] deposit part is only at promotions. The other part is when i want to play higher than i usually play, so not everytime i am gonna play i am gonna deposit.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hei i decided what am i gonna post in this tread to keep it somewhat decent.
I will post the results of the day everytime i play the big 4.4 and mini daily marathon (there might be others since i try some sats to some $11 ones).
Probably most of post will be kind of 1 cash or 0 cashes (happened alot lately) so if it will be like that would go to only post decent results.
Today i will play both of them so good luck to me :D maybe i see some of you in them too [emoji14]

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So the results of yesterday session are kind of odd.
I've registered both the big 4.4 and mini daily marathon 5.5 with a bunch of lower ones and.. busted both the 4.4 and 5.5 in less than 10 minutes :/ bad start i guess..
Ended up final tabling 3.3 6-max for $103 and 5th place after really bad conection issues. I don't know why it never happened before :( was 1/12 then couldn't connect for like half hour and when i finally connected i was 5/9 :(.
Decent day in the end, kind of disapointing with 5.5 where i busted with Ks vs Q5 after i 4bet big pre, but decent overall :)

Good luck everyone

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, So decided over the schedule today. Gonna play 11mtts i'm registering at 5pm and last mtt im gonna register is in 1 and a half hour later.

Schedule:
4.4 - Big 4.4
1.1 - 1.8k 9-max
5.5 - Mini Daily Marathon
0.55 - Big$7.5 Sat
3.3 - 2k 6-max
2.2 - 1.2k 8-max
1.1 - PKO
0.55 - 750 Turbo
1.1 - 1.5k
1.1 - BB$11 Sat
0.55 - $500BR

So 11 mtts for a total of $21.45. ABI 1.95. Maybe i see you in some of them :) Good luck :p

lovemiscou

lovemiscou

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Good luck today Goh, hope you bink one or two of them.

C

crisco609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Finally found a way to change this :icon_sant and don't affect my Bankroll at all. Everytime i feel like playing those i'm gonna deposit $12 before doing it and play the Big 4.4 at 16:00 and the $5.5 daily marathon. This way i won't see a change in the wrong direction because i would feel i lost more than i should playing those (yeah mental things are weird, lose the same amount but feel better about it)."

What site are you playing on where you are able to make $12 deposits? The cheapest I've seen has been $25 as a min deposit. Also why would you deposit before these tournaments everytime, is that just for bankroll management so you are depositing specifically for these tourneys? A little confused on why you would do this?? Either way, best of luck to you!!!! I've just started getting into MTTs and plan to start my own journey this weekend - maybe I'll make my own thread if I make something of it!

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Finally found a way to change this :icon_sant and don't affect my Bankroll at all. Everytime i feel like playing those i'm gonna deposit $12 before doing it and play the Big 4.4 at 16:00 and the $5.5 daily marathon. This way i won't see a change in the wrong direction because i would feel i lost more than i should playing those (yeah mental things are weird, lose the same amount but feel better about it)."

What site are you playing on where you are able to make $12 deposits? The cheapest I've seen has been $25 as a min deposit. Also why would you deposit before these tournaments everytime, is that just for bankroll management so you are depositing specifically for these tourneys? A little confused on why you would do this?? Either way, best of luck to you!!!! I've just started getting into MTTs and plan to start my own journey this weekend - maybe I'll make my own thread if I make something of it!

I'm playing only on pokerstars and yes it's specifically for those mtts. Turns out i'm probably not gonna do it everytime i play them, will see how it goes and if i feel like i need to i can deposit :)
Also good luck to you too with mtts, they can be really frustrating sometime so be patient :)

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friday 5th October

Hello,

So gonna play a session today. Will probably play around 20-30 MTTs with $3.3 6-max, mini daily marathon $5.5 and Big $4.4 probably gonna end being the biggest ones i'm gonna play today (with a bunch of 2.2 and under and some sats to $7.5 and $11s).

Decided that from now when i'm playing i'll post at breaks IF i'm in the last 50 in anything decent. In this way it keeps interesting for me to get back here and brag about being unlucky about busting in later stages.

Good luck to the rest of you if somehow we meet in any of them :D

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

So gonna play a session today. Will probably play around 20-30 MTTs with $3.3 6-max, mini daily marathon $5.5 and Big $4.4 probably gonna end being the biggest ones i'm gonna play today (with a bunch of 2.2 and under and some sats to $7.5 and $11s).

Decided that from now when i'm playing i'll post at breaks IF i'm in the last 50 in anything decent. In this way it keeps interesting for me to get back here and brag about being unlucky about busting in later stages.

Good luck to the rest of you if somehow we meet in any of them :D
Good luck, hope you run out of time during the breaks (meaning: your doing very well);)

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty bag day yesterday (I mean i think i had a min cash in a 1.1 but that was it.. rest was.. terrible but in the and pretty happy with all the busting hands). Anyway ended it around -$30 and like losing around 20mtts without cashing :rock:. Only felt the need to boom one of those hands so you can see that yes, people do dumb things they are not total nits as most people think:

https://www.boomplayer.com/28942032_377F371637