Freerolls and buy-in tournaments - Which are harder?

bardhylmemaj

bardhylmemaj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AL
Chips
Find the strength in you Luke!
No, you win that game, you only participate.
If it's okay, ok. If it goes wrong, okay.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother.
For me it all depends on how you take the freeroll.
It is true that since it is not a paid game to enter, many times you do not care. Total finally is free and you do not lose anything.
But the ideal is to think backwards.
Why not think that thanks to the fact that they give you a free entry you can start building your bankroll????
That's why whenever I've played a freeroll and I'm still playing it, I really take it very seriously.
I was lucky to win many freerolls.
I still have the pending account of winning one of Cardschat hahaha
Although for work reasons I can't play them daily.
In a freeroll, as in all low-stakes MTTs, you have to wait for the barrage of all-ins from the 1st stage of the MTT where you find players who don't care because the MTT is free.
Then when you start to get closer to the ITM the MTT starts to get interesting.
That's why my advice is to try to identify these players at the table, and if you play against them, always do it with very good hands. Because they play luck as if the showdown were a slot.
My regards, brother:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
My first or second hand, and i was out with my set of fives after i 3bet with it, and someone called with 42s, flop beeing A35. 55d buy in.
Next day, 33d buy in, out with ak, pre flop all in 30+bb against 84s. Flush is much better then a high, right?

Kinda freerollhiss situations, somebody would say. I say thats poker baby, you lose when you take it seriously :)

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Freerolls are not more difficult in the game itself, they are more difficult because usually there are so many players, and the speed is turbo or hyper-turbo, and these two factors are the ingredients for a big variance. That means that winning a freeroll will be more unlikely. But try to play them patiently, because you are not losing anything (just your time, maybe? that's another discussion). Try to see them as opportunity to practice concepts that you learned without any fear.

Of course, because the players don't care too much, you have to play your hands by value, trying to select good spots, and avoiding bluffing as much as you can, unless you are facing an opponent that is clearly scared (not playing many hands) or if you are in the bubble, etc. But, in general, play for value, with strong hands. This will be a little more difficult because there are times in which we get just weak hands, but be patient, the reward may come.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, regular tournaments are more difficult than freerolls. In freerolls, there are more bad players and players who simply don't care if they lose or win, so they go all-in in every hand. Also, I play much worse in freerolls with a small prize pool than in tournaments with a certain amount of money. In freerolls, I can easily go all-in with a pair of deuces or hands like KQof, and in most cases I will lose, but I don't care because it's a freeroll and it's more like entertainment for me. But in tournaments for money or in cash games, which I play all the time, I make any decisions carefully and correctly. I enter a hand only when I have a good hand or close to it, I 3-bet or bluff when necessary, and so on. In regular tournaments, there are also a lot of bad players, but there are also a lot of professional players. But in freerolls, the vast majority of players are fish, so the answer is obvious.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If other people play poorly, its easier to win, not more difficult. But of course its difficult to reach the final table in any kind of MTT with a significant number of participants.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
What do you think? Is the freerolls harder than buy-in events?
I play freerolls a lot and very hard to survive till the final tables. Many "dont care" players there.
I think that all the games where I did better were good, I look at which games I lost more (especially oscillating and these were spin and go for me, in the end playing almost everything I have added up finishing in the red a lot)Freerolls give you a chance to get ahead without spending and I'm going to take advantage of that as much as I can. This is just my opinion at the moment.
I wish you much success!!!I think the ones with by in are heavier, more responsible and you can often fall into a bad pass

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think both of them are difficult, when you start a freeroll, it could seem easy, buy when the bad players are gone it gets really difficult as the buy in tournaments

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
They are both equally easy (or hard) ...

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play freerolls a lot and very hard to survive till the final tables. Many "dont care" players there.
I like the Freerolls a lot more, although I play others too.
In my opinion, I even prefer to play with many participants, then do an analysis of my placement.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I like the Freerolls a lot more, although I play others too.
In my opinion, I even prefer to play with many participants, then do an analysis of my placement.
This is constructive, we must analyze ourselves periodically, and try something better👍

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls are harder because there is no buy in so players go all in with bad cards just to see what happens.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In Freerolls and in the most of the micros you will encounter the ''don't care'' people. They treat the game like roulette so you will play against a any two range which is totally frustrating and I am not gonna lie.
In paid tournament you will encounter better players who can't exploit and some time they may outplay us, IMO paid tournaments are harder to play/beat but I prefer losing by a stronger opponent than a luckbox.

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As for me, it’s freerolls, because there people do what they want for the most part)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are much easier than buyins. If that was not the case freerolls would not exist.
Can you imagine if buyins were easier, new players would be playing $1000 buyins and the pros would be playing freerolls?

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Everything is relative. In freerolls, a lot depends on luck, so it is quite difficult to reach the final table. However, most of us like freerolls because it is a good opportunity to increase our bankroll without risking our own money.

C

CezarsGhost

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello brother.
For me it all depends on how you take the freeroll.
It is true that since it is not a paid game to enter, many times you do not care. Total finally is free and you do not lose anything.
But the ideal is to think backwards.
Why not think that thanks to the fact that they give you a free entry you can start building your bankroll????
That's why whenever I've played a freeroll and I'm still playing it, I really take it very seriously.
I was lucky to win many freerolls.
I still have the pending account of winning one of Cardschat hahaha
Although for work reasons I can't play them daily.
In a freeroll, as in all low-stakes MTTs, you have to wait for the barrage of all-ins from the 1st stage of the MTT where you find players who don't care because the MTT is free.
Then when you start to get closer to the ITM the MTT starts to get interesting.
That's why my advice is to try to identify these players at the table, and if you play against them, always do it with very good hands. Because they play luck as if the showdown were a slot.
My regards, brother:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
i understand what you're sayin but time invested must be considered . on BlackChip + America's Cardroom they have 4 50$ FRs daily . 1st pays 7/8$ while in the money pays only .07/.08 and like .25 for for final table . it's about 2hrs to get in the money and 3hrs to make final table . so i say go for the gusto in that kinda freeroll . i do, however think ya gotta use some skills in satellite freerolls . At the time of Black Friday , i had 22 33$ tkts at Full Tilt from fr sats as starting point . that hurt

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Whatever the level of the freeroll, it still remains a free game and there is no responsibility for the money invested in it. That's why I think it's a bit harder to play at the micros than at the freerolls!!!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think if a person has already invested money in a tournament, he will try harder than if he enters the tournament for free, the conclusion is that tournaments with input money will be more difficult than a free freeroll

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
the entry satellites are more complicated from my point of view, in them the players go all-in with practically everything, so it is difficult to know with which hand they are playing

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think tournaments are more difficult for you to be the champion, although it is possible to reach the money zone, the freeroll has its difficulties too, but nowadays, people play as if it were a draw, they play with any hand, they enter all in without thinking and sometimes, luckily, they eliminate players with good hands, and this ends up creating an atmosphere of difficulty for others,

martinoni

martinoni

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think freerolls is harder beacause we have a lot os people that don't know what they're doing

Freeroll Passwords