Freeroll tournaments and bankroll building

A

AceKing725

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well...

Freebies make you use the long-game, to get ITM. If you retain the long-game approach, even at micro-stakes, that will serve you well. Another factor: table size, number of players. If you play a full table, even 05/0/10 NLHE cash, if all ten players bet, and you have playable cards, you still have to make all the bets to stay in the game.
Also, a full table decreases your odds, simple probability, only 1/10 chance to win, 9/10 chance an opponent beats you.
Everybody has advice on how to win and build your BR. Trying to help you retain your BR, and still play your game.

When I played cash games, I usually stuck to six player tables.

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read a good article posted on this site about discipline and staying within your limits. bankroll management is a key too. Learn from this, not only about sticking to your limits but also that youre capable of building a bankroll from scratch, great job!

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
freerolls are a good method to help you build a bankroll. I think it is much better to continue with tournaments. Cash games are a different thing and they need some money to invest. The most important is to have patience!

LéoSRibeiro

LéoSRibeiro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are a good method to help you build a bankroll. I think it is much better to continue with tournaments. Cash games are a different thing and they need some money to invest. The most important is to have patience!
Really. You said exactly what I can see.
Patience. Running this Cash games, are a danger.

Dislocatio88

Dislocatio88

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello poker sharks! [emoji41] What do you think about sit and go now? I want make 50$ deposit. What kind of snd can i play and worth playing at all?

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm trying to build a BR from scratch in freerolls. I actually won $10 in one about a month ago, built it to $30 playing .05/0/10 NLHE cash, then moved up to 0.10/0.25, and lost it all. I think I jumped limits way too soon with that BR.

So I am rebuilding using freeroll tournaments. Anybody here use that technique successfully?

Choose such a limit to take on the table no more than 10% of your capital, unless of course you plan to make a deposit soon or start again with freerolls.
• At first, I recommend to go to the table with a stack no more than 50BB. The fact that in poker is much easier to lose than to win, especially a lot to lose, than a lot to win. Is it bad if you win 50BB. There is one more aspect - when you have less stack than your opponents, they are often not afraid of you and play more relaxed than if you had an equal stack with them. This you can successfully use, collecting a good hand.
• When you are in good hands, leave this table if there is a player with similar money, so as not to lose at a time a stack that you did not intend to initially risk. For example, they entered with a ten, i.e. ready to risk it, you had 15. Question of what you were willing to risk

R

rafaudine

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think cash games is the worst choice to build a BR. Get your money from the freerolls and then play some tournaments and sit and gos

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've started my $550 bankroll with a freeroll win. 1st out of 6153 for $9.66 :) It's definitely possible!

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Humans often learn more from their mistakes

Humans often learn more from their mistakes. That is why freerolls can be very useful for learning. It is a foolish person who gambles in a game they don't know.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're handsome. I'm trying to build my bankroll on 888, too. Start from scratch. Now I have$20. But I play mostly zoom and blaze. I don't know what will happen, but I will try. And good luck to you. You'll succeed.

C

cgcook38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I highly recommend the ACR $75 GTD tournaments if you’re building on that sight. They are $0.11, so you can play a few if you’ve cashed on the site w a freeroll. The best part is the gameplay is extremely similar to the ACR freerolls, only they pay ~81 people instead of 10. When you get good at running deep in the freerolls, it really doesn’t take much adjustment to switch over. Good luck!

J

Jkendrick888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One time I had 44 cents in my account and played the .01 sattys on party got a 109 ticket then came in second in the tourney I think it was a .44 to 2100 in 48 hrs. that month I proceeded to play in tourneys above my bankroll and lost most of it.

Word to the wise Bankroll is key.

P

Principg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am playing only at pokerstars, and it's almost impossible to make bankroll from freeroles, simply there are too few freeroles there..

I

I3onez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Using Freerolls as a base to building a BR is one hard Cookie to Crack the time it consumes to get going will demoralize you what i found to keep your spirit up is when you say $1 then take 50c and play SnG till you loose only that initial 50c from time to time you will catch a few heaters turning that 50c in 2-3$ before that initial 50c is lost giving you a $2 profit making the 3-4hour freeroll you played not seem so bad anymore cause now you feel that freeroll payed of for you. If you Lose the first SnG and the 50c is gone you have a another 50c profit left from the freeroll you played but leave the game for a while to not tilt and after the next freeroll say you make $2 that then you go with say a $1 SnG catch a heater your a happy man and even if you lose which is not so likely cause the grind to make money of a freeroll is harder then a $0.5 or $1 SnG game

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management