Freeroll play vs buy in

M

MrTerek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you play differently depending on whether you are playing a Freeroll or if you spent money on a buy in?

I think I’m tighter when I spend money, wanting to cash even if it’s near the bottom just so I don’t lose my buy in. Anyone else feel that way?

it is worth playing the same way, as they said before, you do not have to change your game, it will become a habit) In a tournament for 10-20 dollars, players with the same success bet a pot with overs only. We need to adjust to the table.

Shahzade

Shahzade

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play the same in either a buy-in or a freeroll. I don't want to develop bad habits. With that being said though I do adjust the way I play a little bit here and there depending on the other players.

I

Izazul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to play the same in free rolls vs buy ins. Just a little bit more courageous on free rolls might be the biggest difference.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play freerolls no worse than money. If you play with your sleeves then why do you sit down and waste time in vain.

ms_attack

ms_attack

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I always try my best a-game in both whether freeroll or money. But i believe in the subconscious, I play a bit riskier in freerolls because I can not lose money. This applies to all 50/50 decisions such as where I know that it will come to a Coinflipp.

But the fun is the same. I like the game and if I win money by the way, all the better.
What I've noticed is that there are many bad player choices in the freerolls. The higher the entry fee, the better your opponents will be.

The freerolls of CC are on a very high level, there are not so many bad players.

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in freerolls people play less careful than the buy-in

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel the same unless I've been at a freeroll for 3 hours. Then, when my aces get beat by nines on the bubble, I feel I have lost a lot.

However, playing with hard earned freeroll money in a cash game, I want to protect my chips.

Would you like chip insurance? We have reasonable rates.

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early levels are a minefield in Freerolls with a lot of loose play. I typically expand my open/calling range early to build a stack and then try to play as I would with my own money.

F

freddy the monster65

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes its hard on line free rolls but if you want to play a long time in tourny just wait tell the blind are around 100/200

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I feel that I do not play them the same way since most of the players in the freerolls do not play seriously and they bet with whatever

Wiltz82

Wiltz82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I normally play free rolls or find like dollar sit and go and that way I don't feel like I'm putting to much money into the game I know the payouts are the best but it does make my bankroll slowly go up. I try to avoid cash tables just because it seems like my money goes to quick there.

ELPRIIINCIPE

ELPRIIINCIPE

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
As I've always said and I keep it, I think you should always play a fair game regardless of whether it's a freeroll or a buy tournament, although of course I do not take it away that if you're playing with buy, of course there may be a little more pressure depending on the amount of money you have invested in the buy in of a tournament, but do not underestimate the freeroll tournaments and play them as a maniac because if you get used to winning hands by pure luck, this could get you to harm. That's why I always recommend playing cleanly.

frajola211

frajola211

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
without due caution

I believe that every human being plays more cautious when he spends money on a ticket in a different tournament than a freeroll where many players play without commitment and the temptation and pay more bets e without due caution

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I pay to play, I have much more responsible. First I try not to lose the buying. After that I seek profitability. Sometimes is necessary to take high stake, take risk, to lose.

Mikica1122

Mikica1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I play better when I pay than in freerolls :D

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are very popular among players who do not want to make deposits. If you play well, it's actually possible to start building a poker bankroll, just playing freerolls.:wavey:

R

RicardoTolfo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has very difficult freerolls, even more than some paid satellites, especially those with rebuy. Game in the same way ... it's just a matter of adapting the table in which you are

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm probably the same way.

I play tighter in tournaments that offer a good prize pool whether it be freeroll or buy in.I want to make the final table. Often times that is not the case. I know only making it just past the bubble will never yield a good profit. I have to learn to take chances when the time is right.

HypnoT0AD

HypnoT0AD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play too loose in freerolls but I'm playing a little tighter now at the start and seem to be getting a little further before busting out.

I

ice mary

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My game is more dependent on opponents and blinds and not on the fee.

J

james bright

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its donks vs pros when you talking about freerolls and cash tournys however i play the same in both dont pick up bad habits in freerolls!!