Freeroll final 40

N

nunch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everybody,

I’ve played a couple of the freerolls on ACR which are usually about 600 people. I have been regularly finishing anywhere from 50-70th, with one finish today at #20, but always seem to blind out around there. I’ve pretty much just used the strategy of playing very tight and getting my money in with only premium hands, but end up going all in with about 10BB and losing. Any advice would be great!

R

Russian Idiot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You do not have to go to the bank, if you want to enter at least the top ten, you will need patience and a little effort. Much depends on luck!

P

pokerpie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably have around a handful or more 1st int he freerolls on ACR, it's honestly really tough with such a large playerpool that is so unpredictable, but I usually just have to be really patient with hands and hopefully double off some of the donks in the freeroll. By no means is it easy but waiting for good positions and sometimes it paid off for me.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Build up big in the beginning then coast back only playing premium or if you can snag a cheap flop. I've been final tabling a lot these past days

M

mavradal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to play less tight in the early phase of a tournament, then in later phases you should decide whether to tighten up or not depending on your opponents at the table.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everybody,

I’ve played a couple of the freerolls on ACR which are usually about 600 people. I have been regularly finishing anywhere from 50-70th, with one finish today at #20, but always seem to blind out around there. I’ve pretty much just used the strategy of playing very tight and getting my money in with only premium hands, but end up going all in with about 10BB and losing. Any advice would be great!
:wavey:These freerolls are very hard to win. for one there are a lot of players who play with out care, so there are a lot of bluffs going on;0) So if i were you i would play loosey goosey in the beginning and get your bank roll up then play tight around 70/50 players. Good luck and keep grinding:0)

K

KuprinMA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tip: make a deposit and forget about freerolls :)

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
before the start of the tournament. I always set myself a goal and a strategy to adopt to achieve it. it is to say to play wide and aggressive of the beginning or to be content to play to tighten while respecting the rules (positions, hands prenieum ect ..)

the majority of the weather, better not burn the steps and focus on paying places. after if you have the chance to overtake the bubble. the variance counts for 60% instead of 20% at the beginning of the tournament. which means that you will not only have to play good hands but also have enough luck to hit the right cards at the right time to hope to reach the final table. nothing beats a good training, watch as many videos strategically as possible to improve your game. I wish you good luck for your next results.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
I go thru pretty much the same scenario.
End up 'up and close'.
I will give credit to "luck" too.

Thats why they say, you cant win every game you play.

Thanks

N

nunch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to play less tight in the early phase of a tournament, then in later phases you should decide whether to tighten up or not depending on your opponents at the table.

Thanks for the response! The past few that I have played in it seems that people are willing to go all-in with any 2 cards during the early phase. Maybe risking it earlier and either going out or building a large stack are worth it to make it to the later stages with a big enough stack.

N

nunch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi
I go thru pretty much the same scenario.
End up 'up and close'.
I will give credit to "luck" too.

Thats why they say, you cant win every game you play.

Thanks

I agree.. The times that I have made it to the final 40 I have gotten lucky with all-ins multiple times. Seems that is what it takes to win a free-roll where so many people are playing aggressive.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my advice is to persevere to reach your goal I think that playing very tigh at the beginning of the tournament is the right thing to do then you have to risk but not wait to have 10BB to do it and always keep in mind that building a good bankroll is a marathon it is not fast or easy to get it

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
more effort and patience and you will succeed !!! good luck !!

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been ITM about 5-6% time recently. Generally play tight early without any bluffs. Against any sign of strength save your chips unless you have the nuts.

Once the ante's kick in and most of the All in with any two cards above 7 crowd is pretty well depleted I open the range in position and start trying to apply pressure on smaller stacks if I can for a couple of BB's. Still stay out of multi way hands and against aggression. Survival is key.

In the late stages < around 100 remaining play becomes like a real tournament, except there is no reward unless you make the final table. My goal each round is to take the blinds once to keep my stack and avoid becoming so short stacked that everyone is waiting for me to enter a hand. With a little luck and a timely double up or two you can get to the final three tables. At that point it's just play smart.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fact that you lost this case. The action was correct.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Odds are low:

Hey everybody,

Thanks for posting:
If you are referring to the on demand 10 players cash.
I too have played in a few of these. I have final tabled 4 times and won 1.

If you estimate cashing in a normal tournament (15% of the field) 1-5 tries, this tournament is 2% or less cash. Even at 1-5 to get from 15% to 2% you are looking at 1-25 to cash. If you can 1-5 this way you are a very good tournament player. An average player is 1-10 or less. 1-50 to cash a 2% tournament would not be an unrealistic occurrence.

In order for me to succeed I had to push my edges vs weak players once I had a read on them.

e.g: I am BB J8off two weak limpers four to flop. Flop came 852 rainbow: I check, yes I check;)
First limper check-second limper min bet-SB fold. This is the reason I checked. My opponents had established how they played previously. I could now use the info they just gave me to go for thin value. I check raise for value all-in 4 x pot
As expected first limper folds second limper calls with 98.

If you are going to succeed in a 2% gets payed tournament you have to play situational poker. Or run well. Or both. :icon_joke

Keep grinding.

Please ask any question you wish. I will respond as soon as I can.

:):)

N

nunch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for posting:
If you are referring to the on demand 10 players cash.
I too have played in a few of these. I have final tabled 4 times and won 1.

If you estimate cashing in a normal tournament (15% of the field) 1-5 tries, this tournament is 2% or less cash. Even at 1-5 to get from 15% to 2% you are looking at 1-25 to cash. If you can 1-5 this way you are a very good tournament player. An average player is 1-10 or less. 1-50 to cash a 2% tournament would not be an unrealistic occurrence.

In order for me to succeed I had to push my edges vs weak players once I had a read on them.

e.g: I am BB J8off two weak limpers four to flop. Flop came 852 rainbow: I check, yes I check;)
First limper check-second limper min bet-SB fold. This is the reason I checked. My opponents had established how they played previously. I could now use the info they just gave me to go for thin value. I check raise for value all-in 4 x pot
As expected first limper folds second limper calls with 98.

If you are going to succeed in a 2% gets payed tournament you have to play situational poker. Or run well. Or both. :icon_joke

Keep grinding.

Please ask any question you wish. I will respond as soon as I can.

:):)

Thanks for the advice and anecdote! I definitely agree that it takes both good play and running well. Hoping to win one tonight :D

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Haha I appreciate the tip! As a medical student, deposits aren’t in the books for a long time :)

If it has to be free rolls, hang around here till you qualify for the CC free rolls & take advantage of the chance to play in smaller free rolls, that offer better payouts & the opportunity to learn while playing against other CC members who tend to take a more serious attitude toward these games than most.
Medical student eh, how would you diagnose someone who dreams of jumping, rather than counting sheep? My friend Zorba doesn't seem to be worried about this, but we are really worried about him.
Just kidding, welcome to the forum.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I have made it ITM in a few freerolls and won one last week for the max prize, $2.50. The early field in these freerolls are very volatile and will go all-in on any two cards. Another feature is that they commonly call everything. This means you seldom acheive fold pressure. Later on in the tourney, you will be able to get people to fold, but not early. Several schools of thought on the early stage. Either play tight with premium hands where you can double up on the inevitable all in, or see a cheap flop and beat up on whoever doesn't hit. I generally like an exploitative strategy. I like suited broadways, connected is best, and call to see flop. Not much point in raising as it will not eliminate people from the pot usually. It only makes your risk greater. See the flop, and if you connect, top pair + kicker, or straight or flush, raise the pot a bit. Somebody will go all-in, maybe more, then just call the all-in for a double up or triple. Once I see that someone is willing to bet, I will happily get all my chips in even if by stages with 3bet and more. Once you get to mid-tourney, look to win small pots mosstly.

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing in the freerolls need a lot of luck .. In such games where 600 or more players are generally difficult to get into the prizes, even an experienced player.

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll is the best way to gain money free.

Patience and luck is the key of success

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
open your range when you are staying above 10cg