Free sunday million tournament

Jessica1507

Jessica1507

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Any strategy for playing these hyper turbo tournaments? Is the business going to the lottery?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure exactly what tournament you're referring to, but in general hyper-turbo tournaments require that you play less-than-premium hands. I like them a lot better than the normal/slow timed tournaments where a lot of folks are just sitting around waiting for the top one percent (or less) of hands. Hyper-turbo tourneys require that you utilize many more skills than just starting hand selection. In my mind, they are what poker was meant ot be.

Jessica1507

Jessica1507

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
1000 chips PS

Not sure exactly what tournament you're referring to, but in general hyper-turbo tournaments require that you play less-than-premium hands. I like them a lot better than the normal/slow timed tournaments where a lot of folks are just sitting around waiting for the top one percent (or less) of hands. Hyper-turbo tourneys require that you utilize many more skills than just starting hand selection. In my mind, they are what poker was meant ot be.

The free tournaments that are running every 30 minutes with 1000 starting chips and 5000 chip buy-ins for $ 0.11. Is it worth repurchasing at the beginning?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The free tournaments that are running every 30 minutes with 1000 starting chips and 5000 chip buy-ins for $ 0.11. Is it worth repurchasing at the beginning?
Is that pokerstars? I notice you put PS in your subject. Or, America's Cardroom?

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

As are several attempts, although it disappeared from the loby, trying to make a good stack. When you finish the rebuy plays a normal poker. I managed to twice gain 5.50 these days but did not get the tickets.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I believe they stopped yesterday night these freerolls ?? Anyway , only once I had success and got the ticket for the next phase satellite . Very aggro players , but most know when to shove , call , reshove , etc . Not many odds to win , if you don't have good shove/fold strategy . And these bad beats on a very late level close to the FT , hurt although these hyper turbo freebuyes don't last more than 1 or 1 and a half hour , I think :)

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Main strategy will be to stay alive until the add-on period when you can purchase 50k chips for 0,11$. Then play go little bit normally.

W

wizcup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any strategy for playing these hyper turbo tournaments? Is the business going to the lottery?

I'm not a good player however for early game we need you need to prepare yourself, as many players will all-in with almost every other hands. I several times ended my journey prematurely because I caught on that trap.

If you survive the early game, sometimes you will got trapped by the tightness of the early game, you need to be relaxed play your game as usual. Sometimes, I got too afraid even when I have high chance of winning and not raise high enough in this phase.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many players go all in with ace/nothing or QJ suited on the first hand...don't bite on that hook...patience is the key...yes, as MattRyder said, you will have to play some less than premium hands, but at least play hands with some chance to hit big with the right flop.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
..patience is the key...

Are you sure this ^ is really you? Or was that Not you in the CC ACR game tonight? With a VPIP of 70 it just seemed a tad to the contrary.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you sure this ^ is really you? Or was that Not you in the CC ACR game tonight? With a VPIP of 70 it just seemed a tad to the contrary.

Sorry...Thursday night is date night...I knew that I only had 20 minutes to play...but I had so many chips that I decided not to go all in with zip until I had none left.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
You must play aggressive at the beginning, everyone does it, after the fish are gone the game goes into tournament mode.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think hyper tournaments are a lottery. In such tournaments, the player's luck is more important than his skills and experience.