Follow a Strategy or play as hand goes??

thetzarofpoker

thetzarofpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally change strategy very often, almost to the point to just let go the hands..

But I`d like to know opinions about wich style get better long term results.. ??

Or if you have specific data about it I`ll be glad to read.. :eek:

Pokersolomdp

Pokersolomdp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

Hello Friend how are you ? I recommend you use a whole tournament game check call. Always check call. Do not bb :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I personally change strategy very often, almost to the point to just let go the hands..

But I`d like to know opinions about wich style get better long term results.. ??

I am always adjusting my play based upon the play of the other players on my table.

Strategy also changes according to stack size (& opponents play)... ie. on 15-25bb's I'm looking for good spots to resteal over Late position raisers who I know are stealing often.

The higher level one plays in poker, the game can get more complex where we can be thinking on many levels as opposed to just 'these are my cards... and this is how I'm going to play them'.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems like you are asking if you should be playing loose aggressive or tight aggressive - I think you will build bigger stacks playing slightly looser than your opponents but you will have bigger swings in both directions. Most people play their own style naturally and it takes work to learn to play differently.

If you want to be successful consistently at minimum you should take some time to learn basic tournament strategy and learn hand ranges and push/fold charts. Or at the very least watch some videos or live streams to see how successful tournament players make their decisions.

Your stack size and position (and the stack sizes and actions of your opponents) will often dictate the correct decision.

Good luck!

thetzarofpoker

thetzarofpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am always adjusting my play based upon the play of the other players on my table.

Strategy also changes according to stack size (& opponents play)... ie. on 15-25bb's I'm looking for good spots to resteal over Late position raisers who I know are stealing often.

The higher level one plays in poker, the game can get more complex where we can be thinking on many levels as opposed to just 'these are my cards... and this is how I'm going to play them'.

I create this issue to know hoe people prefer to play. playing hand to hand no estrategy had Give me good short term results, but no long term, Im trying to make a balance.. and try

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a MTT you shouldnt really "fight against" ICM, but I think the villans should greatly influence how you play, its kinda of like the ole' Bruce Lee saying "be like water".

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly, as Daniel Negreanu said, you never stop learning or adjusting. Sure you go in with a strategy, but you must adjust to how the table plays and reacts. In tournaments you get moved around and have to adjust to all different styles. There is no right or wrong way.

thetzarofpoker

thetzarofpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a MTT you shouldnt really "fight against" ICM, but I think the villans should greatly influence how you play, its kinda of like the ole' Bruce Lee saying "be like water".

Yeap, all hands are different, sometimes i call an all in with AA sometimes don`t call, sometimes i had have call preflop all in with 24, and won :D it depends of lots of factors at the moment.

thetzarofpoker

thetzarofpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, as Daniel Negreanu said, you never stop learning or adjusting. Sure you go in with a strategy, but you must adjust to how the table plays and reacts. In tournaments you get moved around and have to adjust to all different styles. There is no right or wrong way.

Thats true, and thats the dificult thing in poker.. :D:D:D

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think one of the best part of this game is you need to adjust all the time. There nothing more fun than having to adjust to 8 other players at the table and use the best plays against each individual player. There is really no one play fit all scenario in this game.

M

Maksimus71087

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. I think it is not bad to change your strategy, even in the same tournament then you change table. But this change must be justified by some parts of the game, like stack sizes, blind sizes, opponents skill and others...

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I like having a general strategy of how I'm going to play my range once the flop comes down. This also factors in my opponents range and his tendencies (aggressive, passive, etc.)

Based on the turn and river cards, and how they react to my bets or the sizings they chose with their bets I will adjust my play as I go. Every additional piece of information is a tool to help us make the perfect play on later streets.

Having a general baseline helps though so I can save my mental energy for the more important decisions at the end. And it keeps me out of trouble in general :)

thetzarofpoker

thetzarofpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think one of the best part of this game is you need to adjust all the time. There nothing more fun than having to adjust to 8 other players at the table and use the best plays against each individual player. There is really no one play fit all scenario in this game.

I agree, i think we must adjust constantly in reason of luck and the kind and quantity of players in table

thetzarofpoker

thetzarofpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems like you are asking if you should be playing loose aggressive or tight aggressive - I think you will build bigger stacks playing slightly looser than your opponents but you will have bigger swings in both directions. Most people play their own style naturally and it takes work to learn to play differently.

If you want to be successful consistently at minimum you should take some time to learn basic tournament strategy and learn hand ranges and push/fold charts. Or at the very least watch some videos or live streams to see how successful tournament players make their decisions.

Your stack size and position (and the stack sizes and actions of your opponents) will often dictate the correct decision.

Good luck!

No bro, I`m talking about chaging posture in order to the cards hand to hand.. or keep a flat profile, no matter the cards you have.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should have a strategy for the hand before you play it, and this is even more important in Mtts. For example you shouldnt limp 44 with high blinds if you are just going to fold to the short stack shoving his 5 bbs in.

thetzarofpoker

thetzarofpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should have a strategy for the hand before you play it, and this is even more important in Mtts. For example you shouldnt limp 44 with high blinds if you are just going to fold to the short stack shoving his 5 bbs in.

i think there must be an influence before flot, but i`m talking about follow a strategy no matter the hand..

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think there must be an influence before flot, but i`m talking about follow a strategy no matter the hand..

If you have 15bbs the strategy will be different with 26o and AA for example. There is no one strategy no matter what the hand. Even in low blind scenarios where you have an "any 2 situation" you may want to limp your aces to get more value and shove your 26o.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Adjust all the time your game to be a profitable player.

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Choose your playing hands wisely. There is no use in playing a hand "just to have a look what the flop or next card will be". Depending on what position I am, I try to already get some scenarios in my hand when it will be good to fold, good to raise and so on.

wolfik1950

wolfik1950

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my opinion, every hand is different, and you need to adapt quickly to not miss their opportunity

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Play as hand goes. Don't go into a hand with a premeditated notion of what you're going to do before even being dealt a hand. Every hand takes a life of its own. Different situations that present themselves call for different measures.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands