FOLD philosophy in tournaments

T

TheArnie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I see your position, and I agree with you! Aces is perfect hand with out any words.
However, in previous posts I'd want to convey the message, that pocket Aces often out of money. That is why, I can't consider Aces like Nuts preflop hand, because I find the ford NUTS - is perfect bringing money combination.
So how pocket Aces could be the NUTS preflop hand, when flop can beat you just for a moment?

By your logic, flopped nut straight or flush isn't nuts either because turn and river can **** you up bad. By your logic, only nuts are hands which are still nuts on the river? What better possible hand you can have pre? None right. That means AA is the nuts. You can't put it any other way, it's just the definition of nuts, and if you ever consider folding AA pre unless it's satellite bubble and there are 2 all-ins before you, you're playing really scared.

And how AA isnt perfect money bringing hand? Maybe if you limp it, it isn't, but if I shovel as much $$$ as possible with it, it rewards me well.

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By your logic, flopped nut straight or flush isn't nuts either because turn and river can **** you up bad. By your logic, only nuts are hands which are still nuts on the river? What better possible hand you can have pre? None right. That means AA is the nuts. You can't put it any other way, it's just the definition of nuts, and if you ever consider folding AA pre unless it's satellite bubble and there are 2 all-ins before you, you're playing really scared.

And how AA isnt perfect money bringing hand? Maybe if you limp it, it isn't, but if I shovel as much $$$ as possible with it, it rewards me well.

First, THIS IS NOT pocket ACES thread have discuss about.
Second, YES, by my logic NUTS - still is nuts on the river.
Third, I don't said about only PREFLOP folding, yes? Have you ever fold strong (but not maximum strong) combination on the next street besides preflop? I think yes, so this is what about.

Folding in Poker