Fold the nut full house in wsopme

F

fezjones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Say you are in the ME on day one, or some other sick tourney. The board is JJ55 and you have J2. A bigger stack jams on you and based on reads etc ur sure he doesnt have 5555. Are u calling it off for a chop or are u letting him freeroll to a bigger full house or quads

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He can't have a bigger full house.I'd call you need luck to win a tournament at minimum.I also when never play J2 especially in a $10,000.00 dollar buy-in

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What if ur in the bb

I don't really see how it matters? At the moment you have the best hand with the jack high full house and the only way you can lose is if someone has J6+ or QQ+ and hit on the river. If we look at the hand just from basic stats you know it's very unlikely with 3 jacks being shown already he has the fourth, it's about a 2% chance he does so I think was can safely rule that one out. If we look at the pocket pairs next we know he needs to to hit a set so to get the better full house, but the odds of that happening are also very low just by going on the fact that sets in general are pretty rare and top set is even more rare (about 1% getting QQ+ and drawing a set is 22:1 of hitting). Now if we take these stats and add pot odds to this (I have no idea the exact stack sizes but the principle should get across) it is an almost 100% profitable play to call anything with this hand. If he has a jack and doesn't make it better on the river you lose nothing and might win a few antes depending on the level. If he has a 5 thinking you can't possible also have a flush, giving him 555JJ, you double up. If he has QQ+ and doesn't hit on the river you still win. If he does have one of the few hands that beat you, then you get knocked out but taken the actual goal of poker in making smart educated decisions I would basically insta call that. Hope that helps!

weralomos

weralomos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are sure that there are no fives there, then this is an easy call

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah probably not folding but if it is a small pot and you have to put a large number of blinds you are probably not going to be thrilled with the result too often.

Not sure how deep you would have to be to consider folding though, if that is your question. :D

F

fezjones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah probably not folding but if it is a small pot and you have to put a large number of blinds you are probably not going to be thrilled with the result too often.

Not sure how deep you would have to be to consider folding though, if that is your question. :D

Yea, my scenario is really only concerned with Jx which he will have 99% of the time when he's spewing into small pot

Let's say our stacks at minimum 50 bbs

S

seve13061984

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
there is a rule , u cant fold a full house especialy the bigger full house.

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You already have chips in the pot. Tournament buy in should be irrelevant to the way you play. You never fold here, even if it is a chop, because the alternative is he called with another pair or a 5, and you double up. He has a bigger stack, so there is probably no way he puts you on a J. So I think everyone has the same advice for this hypothetical situation.

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unlikely they’d jam it in with quads because a slow play to pull you in is more likely so yeah I’d call without any concerns here. If they have a higher hold pair and suck out on you so be it.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unless he has pocket queens or higher and one comes on the river he can't beat you. The odds are very low that will happen.

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
def a call all day long your jack blocks quad jacks,no one would push quad fives all-in only to lose potential value to a fold-so that would be part of my line of thinking.so yup def a call

eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi!
you have to tell us the stage of the tourney and the blinds there to answer you the question...

M

microse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolute 100% call. YOu are ahead of all but one hand (55) which is very unlikely.

amxvulcan

amxvulcan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bust

I just busted out on a hand like that on betonline. I had pocket 10's and villain had pocket 7's Flop was 7 2 10 rainbow. Turn is another 7 giving me the nut full house but villain 4 sevens. I went all in and gone. You gotta play those hands. If the buy in for a tourney is too big for your bankroll, and you have to fold a hand like that, you should not be in that tourney. Like buying a $100,000 car and asking what the gas mileage is. If you have to ask you can't afford it.

WSOP Folding in Poker