Flush and open Enders: how to play them

U

urchdog07

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering how people play their 8-9 outers when flopped. I for one just check and wait until I hit in a tournament. My small bets always seem to get reraised. Do you bet big? Do you check call? What’s the most effective way you have played this situation?

iamtoldurghey

iamtoldurghey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering how people play their 8-9 outers when flopped. I for one just check and wait until I hit in a tournament. My small bets always seem to get reraised. Do you bet big? Do you check call? What’s the most effective way you have played this situation?
Depends on ......
wat position iam in
how many in the pot.
Stack sizes
how long tourney has been running
Is it a rebuy ect
I like check raising sometimes save a small bet then call situations because often when bet raised and call u wont get value when u make it .so chk raise strong you have fold equity and actual equity incase they call

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It does depend on if I have position or not and If I was the preflop raiser. If I raised preflop I will cbet the flop every time. If I called a raise and I am out of position I will check call the flop. If I called and I am in position I will raise my draw if he checks and if he cbets the flop and if I believe the flop is not good for his hand I will 3bet his cbet.

My bets are for about 1/2 the pot and the 3bets about 2.5 times his bet.

C

cgcook38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m all about aggression and pot building in these spots. Bring as many players along or get them all to fold. Hopefully nothing in between!
In tournaments I often find myself playing these hands from the blinds or in mid to late position. Much of how I act depends on the table/pre flop aggression. I don’t like checking to players that like to bet the close to the size of the pot w cbets. When OOP with them, I tend to lead w a bet around 1/4-1/3 of the pot. I’m really hoping they have a couple overs and want to slow down because of my idiot bet into them. I definitely am looking to build a pot or take it down immediately.

In position I will call bets of a moderate size. Pot size bets are okay for me as long as I have backdoor redraws such as three to a flush. From the button I’m probably going to fire if everyone checks. If the board texture looks positive, I’ll run the hand like I have the nuts - betting “for value” all the way down - as long as they keep checking and it doesn’t terribly aff ft my tourney status.

Full Flush Poker