First live Tournament - What do you think

PokerDragon99

PokerDragon99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

I just took part in my first live tournament and ended up fifth of over 200 entries.

Basically being the first 3 hours always behind the average, I think that I ended up in a good position.

Unlucky I lost my last hand on the final table on a preflop all in with A9o against 67o and he called me just because he liked me. :)
Flop came A94 which looked awesome, but in the end lost to Runner Runner Set (777).

What do you think about it.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow great finish! That's still a good finish for a field of that size. It sounds like you had the advantage...especially if people are calling light just because they like you! That Turn and River would have made me puke lol

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You had a very good start, I also happened the same in my first tournament, but with less people, and I did not get paid, but in the second tournament I played I was runner-up. The good thing is that it's very unlikely now that you'll get that hand again in a live tournament

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow congratulations on your first live tournament, and to achieve a final table, that means etas doing well in poker.
And on that badbeat, so poker, you sometimes need a little luck at the end but achieve a final table in your first live tournament, not everyone succeeds and continues friend, you're on track.:D

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I congratulate you now what you have left is to analyze what was your mistake to correct it and thus improve your game

Organize a Home Poker Game