Final table of a tournament choosing cards or seeing flops?

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At final tables, you tend to attack during play or wait for other players to confront each other first and try to guarantee a better prize.?
Anyway do you act soon or wait for some tuna boats to be eliminated first and then act?
Anyway at the final table do you play?:deal::)

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the stack size you have at the final table and the prize pool for the tourney, if its leveled i tend to play a little more loose than i would with higher blinds, but i never fold premium hands because when the heads up happens and the opponent built a considerable advantage over you its hard not to be eaten by him.

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on how deep you are, as a chip leader you can play it, as a small stack better wait for strong cards cause of payjumps

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its all about stack sizes and positions. As a big stack you can open up your game a bit and put pressure on shorter stacks. As a middling stack you need to tighten up a bit especially with big stacks on your left. As a short stack you play relatively normal and often look for spots to jam or rejam.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I always try to be patient and usually wait for the opportunity to set a trap for my opponents. I like this strategy the most.
Good luck.

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
It depends on the stack and position, and I also try to watch the rest of the people play if I have no information about them so far. And so step by step to the victory: D

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play the same. If you are at a full table it is usually better to play tighter and position.

As 1 or 2 get the ax, the blinds are going to move faster which requires you to open your range accordingly.

The fewer players, the wider the range.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play very conservatively at the final table. I wait for strong hold cards and play conservatively until I have the nuts of course . . .

C

colino17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of it is going to depend on chip stack and the play style of the table. I'm going to be much more selective against players who like to call a lot than with players who fold a lot. Same as any table.

foldeamela

foldeamela

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the first hands I quickly observe how it develops, but in general I like to play final table attacking, since I find many speculating for a more prize

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At final tables, you tend to attack during play or wait for other players to confront each other first and try to guarantee a better prize.?
Anyway do you act soon or wait for some tuna boats to be eliminated first and then act?

Much depends on what kind of stack you play with ... But I prefer to push.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to play in the best way, attack when you see the opportunity, play without fear, with a cold head.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the first hands I quickly observe how it develops

Completely agree with this. In many ways the final table is where, the real game begins, and its essentially like a battlefield. And before starting an offensive any decent general will of course try to form himself a picture of the enemy. Where are the big stacks located, are there any maniacs, fish or nits and so on and so forth. I am not going to open fold AK in the first hand of the final table, but its certainly fine to stay aways from marginal spots and let someone else collide first.

For me as a HUD-user it also has value to just let the HUD pop up for those players, that came from the other table. Even if it shows, I have not previously played with them before, thats already some kind of information, because then its less likely, they are a solid regular and more likely, they are some kind of casual player.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually at the final table the stack depths are not deep enough to support open limping. For example say you have 14BBs and the rest of the table has similar size stacks, if you limp and someone raises what do you do? if you fold you wasted some very valuable chips, and if you call you just wasted folded equity, have no initiative in the hand, and you are probably playing out of position. Usually with final table stack sizes you want to be min raising(or raising barely above min) or be shoving.

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I depend on the flop to decide if i should to continue in the hand.

At the end the tournament, I'am usually over more 80bb. So I use more connectors and increase of the numbers of bluff. I use blockers, and the level of the bets of depends on the size of the pot.

This is independ of who is the playing, or how many or playing.I use the cards in this situations. However I depend on the flop to decide if i should to continue in the hand.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently in a cc final table one guy with a middle stack, as soon as we got to the final table, he sit out and didn't play a single hand intentionally only after we were 4 left, then he came back, quickly went all in since his stack was depleting and was eliminated right then and there. So I said to myself I will only play very good hands since I'm not a big stack, but what do you know, those good hands are easily cracked by the chip leader with crap hands. So I don't know, if you have a good stack going, wait even if you have A Q, A J, J J and so on. Only play those hands if the bigger stacks folded and can't eliminate you. Wait untill you are at least 5 and then go from there.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play tighter and more aggressive. There is no longer any limping. Either I raise or I fold. Even in the final table, your stack is often only 10 big blinds. If there is another raise after my raise I fold everything except TT + & AK and then I go all in. If someone raises in front of me I go all in with 88+ & AJ +. Since I still get a fold equity here, my hands don't have to be so good with a resteal.If I am in later position I try to steal the blinds with 77+, AT + & KQ. If my opponent reraises, I only go all in with TT + and AK.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I'm already at the final table, I want to get to the top 3 ... to do that, however, you have to play! :)

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't sit and wait if you want to fight for high places and big rewards.. What's the point? I don't know.. Of course, you can win 1st place if there is a very short stack at the table. But if you have an average or a pot above average, just sitting around and waiting for 2 or 4 players to leave the tournament is very very stupid.. because you deprive yourself of the struggle and the opportunity to be high..
I understand that there is a moment in the tournament when it is worth playing carefully, but the final table is absolutely not for this... You have to be competitive to have a chance to fight! Just giving away the blinds is ridiculous.. Sorry, it's a little rude, but it's true! If you've climbed so high in a big tournament, you have to fight!

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The difference between medium and large stacks will always be different. Be aware of this chip gap that you need to make up for and how you can hurt deeper stacks like second or third place players when you are in fourth or fifth. If you do something wrong, you won't have time to blink, as you find yourself among the short stacks, but if you do everything right, you will lay yourself a good foundation in order to climb the podium of the tournament. It is also important to keep an eye on the short stacks, which of them are trying to hold out with all their might, and who is not averse to showing up.Light pushing 12 big blinds into a stack of 100 big blinds is far from ideal, but if you execute the same move with a stack of 15-30 big blinds, you have much more fold equity, and if you are lucky enough to double against the big stack several times, short the stack will be he, not you. But what about playing with the same short stacks? Here you must know which player is in front of you. If he is from a timid dozen and is trying with all his might to hold on to his place, press boldly. But if he, like you, is trying to turn his short stack into something more playable, be careful.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to find the right mix. Basically, you hardly have more than 20 big blinds at the final table. As a rule, you are more likely to have between 10-15 big blinds. That means you will have to play tight. Because you don't want to have to pay a tenth of your stack to see the flop and then fold straight away because you didn't hit anything. That means either raising or folding. In early position I would only raise with JJ +, AK, everything else I would fold. If no one raised in front of you, you can also raise in late position with AT +, 88+, KQ. In addition, I would do resteals. Basically you can apply resteals with 88+, AT +. But pay attention to the position of your opponent. If an opponent raises in early position, you need JJ +, AQ + to justify a resteal. If your opponent is on the button and is the first to raise, you can resteal with AT or 88. Are you in the small blind and no player has entered the pot and your opponent in the BB has fewer chips than you then you can put all in with any two. In this situation you have a high fold equity and can therefore put all in profitably.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play to win. Adjust play according to how the table is playing! It’s different at every final table!

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mostly play tight at the final table, by which time the blinds are so big that the size of your stack is only a fold or all-in.
But on the final table, you need to increase the range of hands played a little, because the blinds are so big that they eat up your stack with each move, and there is no time to sit and wait for a strong hand to come.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In my case most of the time I let them attack each other, but other times if I have many chips I play a little more aggressive, it all depends on how many chips I have and if I have done well throughout the tournament, I also hope a couple of plays to see how the other players are playing and depending on all that I decide if I wait for them to destroy themselves or if I play more aggressive