this is exactly how we sabotage our tournament!!!

What should be right?

• we should not play these type of hands.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it is okay it was a bad luck.

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi pals

yesterday I was playing level 60th $6000 monthly tourney on 888. Watch the action below in screenshot and tell me was it a bad luck or was it a bad decision to play this hand???

after analyzing this hand today my views are--

As it was a 8 minute blind interval tourney I should not have played that hand at all but I did limp as It was very cheap to see the flop and I was thinking about implied odds... and once it hit Full house at the flop I was blindly mesmerized to win that hand and double my stack size.. Though I lost it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 04-01-18 at 01.32 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 04-01-18 at 01.32 PM.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 04-01-18 at 01.33 PM 001.jpg
    Screen Shot 04-01-18 at 01.33 PM 001.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Screen Shot 04-01-18 at 01.33 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 04-01-18 at 01.33 PM.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 04-01-18 at 01.34 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 04-01-18 at 01.34 PM.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 37
D

dear7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First you should analyse your opponent how he is playing and then make decision.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First you should analyse your opponent how he is playing and then make decision.
analyse what fold a house come on it was just a cooler you can not do much there

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This hand was played bad, but for reasons that don't include the end result.
If I am not mistaken, villain was UTG+1, meaning he most likely placed a bet pre-flop which you just called from the BU, while everyone else folded. When you decide to just call with 24, how do you plan to win the hand? You hit a 2 or a 4 and you decide it is enough? Or do you call with any hand in such spots, because if you hit the nuts great, and if not who cares it costed you only a few BB?

If you do want to play that hand, or any hand from the BU, always re-raise! You get the upper hand, become the aggressive one. That means you can c-bet most flops and get away with it even if you have missed. Just care not to that too often as you will eventually get trapped or called down and lose, or throw in a call from the BU with very strong hands to balance your overall playing range from the BU.

As for the poll:
-You should not play this hand THE WAY you played it, therefore it was not ok, but you also were unlucky considering the end result

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I limped in to see the flop cheaply and was predetermined to play only if nuts hit and it did happen but in the end it was a loosing hand. When we flop a Full house we mostly do not care about opponent's holding and that was the matter in my case.