amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yesterday on BOL - due to upcoming maintenance - they had a MTT that was timed. So you entered with a 45 min late reg and in exactly 2 hrs the MTT would close and you would be paid out on your chip stack - ICM values

I liked it and would play more of them. Obviously knowing exactly what time it ended was nice but also the payouts were not all bunched at the top with 1-3 getting the lions share - much better spread.

Seems like an obvious win for guys tight on time but also daily grinders. But also for sites themselves I would have thought?

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have tried it a few times on pokerstars. There the time is like 30-45 minutes, and payout is based on stack sizes among remaining players. I honestly dont think, there is much point in these games. They are essentially a cash game, where blinds go up, and at some point you can no longer reload. For me, if I am short on time, I would rather simply play a normal cash game or an SnG :)

SecksyGambler

SecksyGambler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish ACR provided something like this. It sounds fun but, I understand that it's just a cash game dressed up like a MTT. Maybe if it lasted 3 hours or so it would play more similarly to a MTT. But, at the same time, having it last longer would only mean you're more likely to play against more skilled players.

I guess we'll just have to hope that it returns one day.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried it few times but I really don't like them so much. I prefer KO's, SnG's and freezouts way more.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Times MTT's would change the dimensions of the game, some may prefer it over standard MTT's especially before everyone had developed an adaptive style to solve them easily. Top heavy payouts with a time structure, doesn't this remind you of something.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, it's fun for players who have a weak level of poker, if you make a lot of mistakes or stupid decisions at the table. But it is not necessary to talk about it seriously. I think in a tournament like this, you'll be disappointed with the size of the prize money if you go up high. I don't see the point in going into the game and thinking about how to hold out for a certain amount of time and pick up some prize money... To sit and count the minutes is strange. I am absolutely not sure that such tournaments will be popular and replace sng or mtt... Of course, they can be, but they will not be a full-fledged replacement..

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have never played one but I am intrigued. I will have to try one this weekend. There are times I just cant commit to play so long and this could be an option.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played some, been a long time ago. I don't even remember which site they were on. DOH !