Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
16 BBs
Big Blind with K-10 suited.

CO (24BB) raises 2.5x.

I flat.

J-6-4 with two of my suit.

Typically, I like to check my entire range, but feel if I let him continue here, I can't get his over cards off with a check raise.

Feel like the donk shove is the right move, as flop texture is such I can't fold to his C bet.

Thoughts?

T

THQ01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Was CO an agressive? Did you consider re-raising all in before flop?

Flatting with your stack isn't ideal... but you have excellent equity now. Given you probably have more than 2.5x pot ish you certainly have enough to check/shove and he will still fold a reasonable amount here. Why do you believe he will call with his overs on flop all the time? It his 75% of his stack. You may be surprised.

I vote check/shove on this flop as you can't donk/shove and open shoving seems wasteful for a hand with such strong equity.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A check shove is okay in most situations with this board and stacks. Unless you are close to money or something..

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seem like a perfect spot to check-shove. If he bet half pot, pot size is 13BB, and he have to call around 10BB, when you shove. Dont think any sane player call with A high getting such poor pot odds. And even if he does, whatever, its a coinflip.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
16 BBs

CO (24BB) raises 2.5x.

I flat.

Typically, I like to check my entire range, but feel if I let him continue here, I can't get his over cards off with a check raise.

Feel like the donk shove is the right move, as flop texture is such I can't fold to his C bet.

Thoughts?
I think shoving would be mathematically correct since you are the shorter stack and that gives you the necessary implied odds you need in case he calls, not to mention the added benefit of him folding to your semibluff. But when it comes to shoving, it's also good to know how good your poker skill really is, because if you are the superior player shoving has negative expectation, while if you are the inferior one shoving is the right thing to do as early in the hand as possible, preferable preflop, but in this case on the flop applies too.

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Donk shove is the right move. Also, check-shove is good move. In both cases, you will not go wrong.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guy raised in position. That's normal even with marginal hands if no one else is in the hand. 26 bb raise is a good raise. Worst case is ace rag. If hes pot committed hes calling anyway. If hes a donk hes calling. Is he tight or nitty matters? You say you raised 16 bb and he re-raised?

Im check calling if its a cheap raise. If he goes all in then i have to be big chip leader or ready to just gamble or just to committed. . Hoping he doesn't call is risky. Online a bet is really the only tell other than software. believe it i seem to come across more players that don't have a clue and have no idea why you raised. Aggression is good but on weaker hands. Usually doesn't work on good hands. Bluffs are serious leaks for some. You get caught in a bluff prior? Seems a lot of info is missing to really decide for me.

Curious if you won the hand. Sounds like a hand you had. What did you do and how did it end?:icon_puke

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
16 BBs

CO (24BB) raises 2.5x.

I flat.

Thoughts?

A shove doesn't make sense. He could have a pocket pair that your opponent is unwilling to fold, AJ, or a set.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A shove doesn't make sense. He could have a pocket pair that your opponent is unwilling to fold, AJ, or a set.
dude that makes to much sense. cashed again in the free roll. pretty soft. i got screwed on a hand i hit top two pair on flop. site froze up. by time it rebooted itself i lost all those chips in pot. sad is i know they had a,k or close. that hit with only 19 people hurt. never got a face card or connector for thirty hands. lost half stack waiting under 15 bb got a a,4 suited. ace hit the flop. hit his q but ahead all in and river gave them second pair out at ten. thats poker

second ITM in two three tourneys is bad.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's right, donk-push, it's the only right move.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands