Do you think I did the right thing?

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's right, a tit in the hand (money) is better than a pie in the sky (ticket)!
A tit in the hand is beter then prety much anything franckly. :D
(Dont know where you get that saying tho)
But really man why did you make that al in?
But you know what, there is one good side effect though, that in 1000 buy in tournaments players are slightly beter. Well they would still be way beter then freeroll level, but still.
Well anyway gl in your mtt. Let us know how it went.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys I feel I made a big mistake!!

I was given 3 ($10 satellite tickets) from GG poker.

I played one yesterday and won a $100 satellite for Poker Players Championship.

I played the $100 today and the final prize was this 1st-3rd($1000 ticket) ,4rth $500,5th $362.

With 4 players left i was sitting in 2nd i went all in deliberately with 75o.

I got called and went out in 4th with $500.

I made the $500 from free playing really good poker but feeling a bit angry with myself that I didn't take advantage of getting that $1k ticket.

I'm happy with the cash but did I blow it ?

1k buy in would be my biggest ever buy in,(And it would all come from a freeroll)

it's easy to write that you did wrong because you didn't win... and if you had got it right, you would have done the right thing?!
congratulations on your win.... the important thing is that you won something from a freeroll !!!! I'm happy and share your victory .....
but in my opinion an all-in with 75 is weird....

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would rather have cold hard cash than a ticket for a game that I probably won't cash in.

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Can you believe guys I did it again lol.

I had no free tickets left so I decided to play the $10 satellite for a $100 ticket.

I qualified actually fairly easy so in my next game I'm going for the $1000 ticket.

I've never bought in to a tournie higher than £300 so its a chance now to play a high buy in knowing I made $500 already from nothing.

Wish me luck 😆

Yep! You nail it!
Play tight at the tournament!
Good Luck man!

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
75o all-in ?? Of course, you could have some considerations in this particular situation based on statistics or personal observation. But since you were eliminated from the tournament, it means that you with such a hand went to an opponent with a larger stack than you have. It's amazing how you made it to the final table with such mistakes.
Mara - I believe the decision was to cash out $500 and get guaranteed money in the bank, rather than win the ticket to the next tourney. Therefore, all-in with 75o was a planned bust out, NOT a mistake.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you're unable to sell the ticket or sell some of your action in the 1k (Pocketing any portion you sold) yes.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You made a conscious decision to take the $500 now, as opposed to a $1000 ticket that may not yield any future profit. It was your decision to make, and you made it. It's done. You can't go back and change it now. So there is no point second guessing yourself now. But if it makes you feel any better, I would probably make the same decision based upon my current bankroll situation.

Schokk

Schokk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations! Winning such big funds in just freeroll is really nice, so just go ahead and make your bankroll more and more. Good luck to you.