Do you think big buy-in is easier than small buy-in tour?

A

alge0815

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It isn’t that easy and also not good. Otherwise everyone could get rich with poker. But poker is a skill game with luck. It is important to take care of your bank roll management. So just play buy ins which you can afford and aren’t to high.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the type of game, the most difficult thing is to play games where there are prizes for knocking out a player, they do not probable things at almost all levels of bains. If, for example, I have a choice to play one tournament for $ 100 or 4 for $ 25, I will choose the second option 4 games can bring you more profit from tournaments

A

agustin1997b

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think so. The reason is that there are many good players who do not have the possibility to play high-entry tournaments and play only low-entry tournaments.

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big bye-in is easier.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
with a buy-in of $ 10, players are much more difficult and play more interesting

D

dnadeau1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the bigger buy in will give you better odds to place... however more chances for you to get knocked out... your play style should determine that.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
big buy-in, limited rebuy, 1 or no add-ons....perfect for serious game, players are tight but always feel that we have chance to win.

Not the same in small buy-in, unlimited rebuy, add ons with big stack, player with crazy style, so many time reborn :D

Common misconception from tons of players...oh if I just play higher buy ins players are tighter than micro donks! While it's true, the caliber and skill level of players significantly rises once you start playing $55 and up. Even alot of $16.50 ‐ $33 games have some crushers in them and very good regs at those levels. To beat those guys, you have to be on their skill level, and all of the best players st those levels are using the best tools and solvers available.

Anyhow, before I ramble anymore - hands down, smaller buy ins are much easier to beat. Yes super micro buy ins are definitely high variance -but your win rate - or bb/100 - should be much higher than it would be in the $55+ games.

Point blank if you cannot beat games $3 and under...you will get smashed playing anything above $11s and be broke before you know it. Poker is poker, and anyone can win a tournament they took a shot at outside of their bankroll that day - but that doesn't mean their skill level will sustain them at that buy in level.

If you frequent $2 games, are barely breaking even and then you satty into a $109 and you run deep and manage to cash for $900 - that doesn't mean you should all of a sudden jump stakes up to $11 games...you will probably punt off a ton of your roll because you don't have the skill set to make that jump. Then some folks after catching a big score take another big shot at a high buy in tournament, only to bust and fall short.

In summary - the smaller games are easier to beat no doubt, hands down - and if you are not disciplined enough to move up the ladder in smart fashion, tournament poker will eat you alive.