Do you think a big bet on the turn is the best place to stop players chasing the draw

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think a big bet on the turn is the best place to stop players chasing the draw?
Each of us is faced with moving on the river, when the opponent's hand suddenly becomes the best. This is mostly the case with good pairs that don't have a chance to improve. The opponent aggressively attacks with a draw or plays a check-call. When a dangerous card arrives, we have to make a hard decision on the last street in these situations. I thought about this often and came to the conclusion that there is a lot of information to get on the turn. The higher our bet, the more information you get. A bet the size of a pot or more will cause difficulties. We risk the chips, but we put him in a difficult situation. A call on the turn will mean that his hand is either already better than ours, or he is ready to pursue the draw to the end. We're also trying to get him to throw away his cards. The opponent's range will decrease and betting on the river won't make much sense if he weren't prepared for a big bluff from the start. Sometimes you will have to put all-in on the turn if the stack is not very large. If the opponent pursues the draw to the end, then they must pay for it with a 30% or less chance of winning the hand.
I think this is a real problem so share your solutions.:nurse:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do think, you are on to something. Against people, who chase after every draw, it can make sense to size up your turn bet, especially if the board is wet. Sometimes you can then check back river, if you think, its to thin to bet again for value with for instance top pair meh kicker.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not only could it stop them from continuing a chase but it is also the last street that you can get value from a draw. You cant get value on the river when you think someone is on a draw that missed. Therefore you need to bet larger on the turn for that reason alone as you know you can get more calls than normal when there is a draw on the board. I like betting larger on the turn against drawing players not to get to them to fold but just as an extra value move.