Do you play couple tournament at the same time?

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I used to play I would play 4 at same time at least, now a day don't play so much. lost my motivation for poker.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I started the wrong way, trying to play more at the same time when I clearly wasn't even ready for one at a time. Then, I decided 1 at a time was enough for me. Then, I noticed I tilted due to bad beats because I played too rarely and when I got out of money it annoyed me. Then, I started playing multiple freerolls at the same time to train my mind to deal with the volume. Tough training, headaches and Usain's heart rate. Now, I've created my reflexes and I can focus on more tables. But, if it is a big tournament (big prize and thousands of players, as I cannot afford big buy-ins yet). I only focus on that particular one as it's worth the time to ignore multi-tournamenting <<< definitely a new word. So, freerolls across different platforms seemed to be the best and cheapest way to push my limits.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Typically 8 tables at a time is auto pilot, hard and harder to do as of late with what seems to be less traffic then back when. Some like to focus on one table while other like to crank it up a bit more, doesn't really matter expect what feels right to you. If it feels right continue to do what works.

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Big Jay wants to know

I first started to do this I figured I'll play tighter but sometimes it back fire. Your not paying attention to other people tendency as well I have made false moves thinking I'm betting on one and it switched to and one. Once in a while is okay I would stay away doing this all the time

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Playing more tournaments helps to overcome variance but playing too many you could lose focus. I usually get 8-9 going and then see if I can get a stack going in a couple. TBF I am not good enough to have 8-9 going but am pretty nitty which does cut down on the hands played

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Mostly I play only one MTT, sometimes with freerolls up to 3. That's my limit and if there is a Zoom tourney included, I get totaly confused. I play often with my mobile device and there is playing more tourneys at the same time very difficult.

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ideally, you start playing a tournament and eventually move up to two and so on until you find your limit. You won't win every tournament you play just because you're playing several.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This has to be an answer that is up to each individual. I watch a pro like Bencb ,he plays 20+ tables at highest buy-in Mtt's on a Sunday and it blows my mind. How can he make decisions for this amount of money, even if it is the early stage of MTT, usually as he gets near the end of his 12 hour streams he is down to a more manageable number. I could never do this, for myself I can start with 6 at most, and if I get to the money, I hope I only have 2 or 3 at max.

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's true - playing only one tournament you focus only on that. But our greed starts 5-6 tournaments and concentration is lost

hog123

hog123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I do unless they are 50 dollar or more buy in

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I more than not just stick to one table at a time to concentrate solely on that table.

igrok8503

igrok8503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play one MTT tournament, and SNG tournaments can be played two at the same time.

E

ejsch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how many

Some times I play multiple tourneys but only freerolls and only at slow sites

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not for me, need to focus on one game to be the best I can.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I gradually build up the number of tournaments throughout the session.