Do you play couple tournament at the same time?

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do you play like that. You yourself understand that a high-quality game brings profit and not the number of tournaments.

P

pakyut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just play only 1 table while watching netflix on the side haha

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play 2-3. I think a person just has to do what’s best for them in that moment. Sometimes if I have a lack of focus, I’ll play one or maybe not even play at all that day. My mental state changes from day to day. Sometimes I can multi-task no problem.

R

RDHartsoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played as many as three at one time. I have done alright doing that but I don't know how some online players play ten or 12 tournaments at a time. That is overload or something close.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

I will play a few tournaments at the same time.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Sure thing I do. I don't even know how it's a question whether to play other tables, it's boring af to play just one. Unless you're chatting, or actually doing something else and just folding at the poker table, waiting for hands (so, not actually playing).

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer up to 4-5 tables, mostly I fold and wait for a good hand. If I do something else at the same time I can play 1-2, watching YouTube and poker is good. Same if on mobile - 1-2 is good.

S

sprut625

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Me sometimes yes and all the time i dont play good because i try to win all and i finnish to loose all....i want to participate to all tournament on all site i play but i have to concentrate in 1 at the time hahahaha
hello. playing at several tables is a matter of time. it is necessary to correctly assess the strength of the hand and the position, and this greatly simplifies the game at several tables. gl

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you must clearly define for yourself how and when to play different types of hands, bring everything to automatism, in this case you will not spend a lot of time thinking about your actions, which will allow you to play several tournaments and not lose concentration.:)

gery

gery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More then one table is to stressfull, so i better play one by one with full consentration

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Another thing when you play many tables is that you literally don't care about bad beats , I don't mind.
If you play one single table and you got eliminated by a ''hand of fate'' as @TerryBLE has mentioned above then you will think about it all day long. ''online poker is rigged'' , ''they want me to lose'' , ''they give to the fish the run good'' and all that pretty stuff.

I multitable and what I see? I bad beat opponents too with my 1 rivered outter , I know amazing haha. Poker is a game of volume , you need volume and if you multitable you kinda ''even out'' the variance in every session.

So if you can multitable go for it , everything will be smoother!

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me sometimes yes and all the time i dont play good because i try to win all and i finnish to loose all....i want to participate to all tournament on all site i play but i have to concentrate in 1 at the time hahahaha
yes i do
The more you practice remembering and observing your opponents actions
the easier it will be
to start proficiently watching 2 tables worth of people

I wouldn't play a table if I was so busy I couldn't see what people are doing
start slow and practice
soon enough mabey you to will be taking first in 2 MTTS at time
0c6535e0527e3286c83d3f679cf00eec.png

d400fdd4dcb84393c8313d69d7ab7f4b.png

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I do play up to 4 at a time but I can only play my A game playing one at a time!

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two is no problem, but depending on how deep I get and if one or more is a faster structure.... Well, 3 and up can cause mistakes, at least for me. I've totally accidentally folded straights and such when a window focuses it's attention and i'm already clicking for another table. I just scream and move on, but i've learned to at least try and avoid doing too many tourneys. When i'm in that situation, it's usually because I didn't expect to go deep in all 5 or so that I started. Ya figure you're gonna bust out of most, so why not right? Not a bad situation to be in, I just hate it if I make a costly fold or call for that matter. Have also accidentally hit call on some raise that I would have had absolutely zero intention of ever calling (nice if it works out, don't like looking like *that* donkey tho) with the shit cards I happen to hold at the time.

So yeah, I do play more than one, but I find I'm much more consistent and tend to go much deeper if I can stick with 2 max.

T

tiefgang23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i also play 4 tournaments at the same time, but if u are new , u should maximum play 2 tables and focus :) , keep on

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Work your way up as you profit at a specific number of tables than add another and another and continue until your comfort or win level is reached.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dream of a good large monitor and a powerful computer to play 12-15 tables. On my small monitor and an old computer I can only play 6 tables (

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
When I started playing poker I always played many tables at the same time, up to 6 tables, but over time I realized that I was not doing things well because there is no point in registering for many tournaments if you do not really have the capacity to be at 100 % concentrated, I recommend that if you are going to concentrate on a single tournament then only register in that one, do not waste energy in other tournaments when you are only interested in one, when you feel that you can be concentrated in 2-3 tournaments at the same time then play that 2 -3 tournaments at the same time

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I normally play one tournament at a time, since I play on my phone and the poker App is atrocious. But if I do decide to play multi tables, I try to make decisions accordingly and not rush my judgement.

M

madmandown

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every experienced says it's always play more tourneys as volume beats variance.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play 2-3 tables at a time and it does not negatively affect my concentration. But still, I think it's better to focus on one table than to play two or more and make wrong decisions.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sorry, but it's not very clear what a doubles tournament is? if you are talking about the number of tables, then I am comfortable playing 16 tables at the same time!

The OP was talking specifically about tournaments - are you 16 tabling tournaments?
16 tabling cash - easy - 16 tabling tourneys - very very different beast.

If you are 16 tabling tourneys - you da man - - are you da winning man?

16 tourneys at one time - is a feat to be recognized - however I doubt a player is performing optimally doing that.

For me personally - I'm at peak performance when playing between 4-8 tournaments at the same time. If I'm playing less than 4 - I'm pretty bored. LOL as we speak - I'm playing in 3 tournaments - in the top 10 in chips in 2 of them. :)
Once I get to 4 or more - I will stop doing most all other tasks. I concentrate exclusively on the poker, the opponents, the situations and the conditions.

The number one thing I can not do while multi-tabling - is to play different types of games.
Even throwing in a 6max tourney into the mix causes me to be less focused than I normally am.

The only slightly different type of game I will consider playing is a couple small buy-in turbo events.

Just had two more events kick off - so gotta run and win some money! :cool:

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can focus on a tournament much better than more, but when there are good tournaments in a row, it’s hard to stop to get one or two more.
The focus is on balance.

M

madmandown

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing more tables at the same time helps to increase volume but make sure to be attentive in all the table if not than its time to decrease the no. of tables