Do you play couple tournament at the same time?

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Me sometimes yes and all the time i dont play good because i try to win all and i finnish to loose all....i want to participate to all tournament on all site i play but i have to concentrate in 1 at the time hahahaha

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Definitely, first you need to learn how to win at one table, and then if you manage to consistently win at one table, then you can add another table and play two !!! I can play up to 4 tournaments at the same time without losing concentration !!!

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play one at a time, but after 3/4 hours 8/10 hours going out on a "hand of fate" :rolleyes: I started playing 4 at a time to maintain mental health. That way, you get out of one and focus on the other :)

blake2702

blake2702

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i find that i loose concentration when i play more than one table, i still do it though in freerolls and such

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
I also play sometimes. but you can't kill two rabbits with one bullet. it is better to play one tournament. to concentrate well

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always plays a couple of tournaments (4 - 6) at the same time.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you are capable of multi-tabling, and there are multiple appropriate MTTs for you to play, you should be multi-tabling.

This is a no-brainer as it is essentially hedging your bets.

Tournaments are a long, slow grind.

When we consider the upper limits of our ITM/win rates when playing MTTs, it's obviously going to be in our best interest to have many irons in the fire.

The only exception is when we don't have positive expectations (i.e. when we are beginners) or if multi-tabling is overreaching with regards to our abilities, circumstances or setup.

When you have been playing long enough most decisions are pretty automatic/obvious so this allows us to play more tables as our confidence & ability grows.

If playing more then one table detracts from your game, you should focus on a single table for sure.

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush... :)

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play freerolls, it's absolutely normal, when you don't pay attention to anything except the cards and go all-in very often to multiply the pot and be hight for the fight. But, when you play large or big tournaments (or series), you can not play several games at the same time, because it is impossible to see the full picture of the table and all the participants against whom you are playing.. There must be the right choice of games so, that you can get statistics on the game and choose the right solutions.. The maximum, that I can see it's 2 tables at the same time, but even then it is very difficult to concentrate attention, because there are 2 times more opponents and there are a lot of situations, and you will make mistakes... That's why I like to play one table, calmly and without problems. You are focused and can see, remember everything that is important and necessary for you! :)

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me sometimes yes and all the time i dont play good because i try to win all and i finnish to loose all....i want to participate to all tournament on all site i play but i have to concentrate in 1 at the time hahahaha
I'm sorry, but it's not very clear what a doubles tournament is? if you are talking about the number of tables, then I am comfortable playing 16 tables at the same time!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
There's nothing wrong with playing 2-5+ tournaments simultaneously.
This gets even better if they are in different rooms and you only use one small device for it (playing poker) :cool:

MC_asp

MC_asp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes this is fine to do on a laptop.
I often play 3 or 4 tournaments at the same time on a large monitor so that I have a good overview.
In addition, almost all lesser hands (low pairs, low cards offsuited, etc.) without an SB or BB are a fold so I don't have to pay attention to that.
In addition, it is important that you do something else in the breaks, have a cup of coffee or a small beer and hug your partner and you can take it again for about 55 minutes.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Yes, I play two or three tournaments sometimes at the same time only on the computer, but I don't always get good results. I can get to the winning seats, unlike if I play in one tournament, I focus and pay more attention at the table. I remember that I won first place in two major tournaments for one time in my life and that was for more than nine years.

nathan12420

nathan12420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I typically play 2-4 at once if im playing within my roll, but if im taking a shot at a bigger one ill only play a couple max...and most if my focus will obviously be on the one thats more important to my roll.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play two tournaments at the same time in exceptional cases. I do not like it when you need to be torn into two tables. Paying attention to each table separately is bad for the game.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often play in two tournaments at the same time, but when I play on my smartphone it is not very convenient, sometimes when switching tables I click a bet in the wrong tournament :smile:

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i dont said its something wrong with playing more table at the time and when he had interessting tournament i play more than 1 at the time but i just said i have to keep focus on all because with children and girlfriend and tv its easy for me to loose concentration.......

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're over the hard, you've realized what the problem is. Which is not true as it may be that now comes the hard part :). As for me, I always play in multiple tournaments, it doesn’t cause me any particular problems, it would be boring to play on 1-2 tables.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not for myself too difficult to focus. Got to concentrate on one table.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually, I play at two or three tables at a time. This is an acceptable number of tables for me, which does not negatively affect my concentration.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes!

But I play a maximum of 2 of the really important and big (33, 44, 55, 109 or more) tournaments at once. In addition to these, I still play 1-2 freerolls or sitandgos when big tournaments are slow. But I wouldn't count the freerolls. :)

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
max 2-3. More tournaments at the same time is too annoying for me. I like focus on the game.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

No, i don't like to play couple of tournaments at the same time. But sometimes it happens with freerolls. Two or three tournament coming at the same time. And i have to play.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on my mood. Sometimes I only play at one table, and sometimes I take part in two or three tournaments at the same time.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I can't concentrate on two different tournaments at the same time.

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in a couple of tournaments at the same time. At least 6 tables on pokerstars.