Do you have criteria to go all in in a tournament ?????

M

Minelli

Enthusiast
Total posts
Do you have criteria to go all-in in a tournament ????? :joyman:Is it worth it to go all-in straight into a tournament?

Sirkiba

Sirkiba

Enthusiast
Total posts
Depends on how short my stack is and what position I'm in. You'd definitely want to take the coin flip if you're short stack (20bb or less) from a late position and you get a good starting hand like pairs, premium hands, some suited connectors etc. Early position I'd be more conservative. You certainly don't want something like a 3 way or 4 way pot when your tournament life is on the line. If there's other short stacks at the table they might yolo after you and then have you beat.

If my stack is big I would probably only all-in if I knew I had the best possible hand post flop or maybe call someone's all in preflop if I had them covered by a lot and was given a decent calling hand.

Not a poker expert, just my 2 cents.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
It depends on how much I need to get chips, how much is left for ITM, how my opponents are playing and the cards I have and largely on my intuition, based on that I try to make the best possible decision

S

steve01991

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
i only go all in when i have the nuts or i am short stacked, having said that, i like to play so i rarely go all in.

Risto234

Risto234

Doing nothing is hard you never know when you done
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Do you have criteria to go all-in in a tournament ????? :joyman:Is it worth it to go all-in straight into a tournament?

Going all-in is always worth it :cool:
Also no need to have criteria about it like when to do it and when not ...

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Total posts
Yes. I go all in 2 cases. One is when I know it's the right move and that's what most good players would do and the other is when I'm angry, bored or don't have time to play anymore. Sometimes you go all in out of boredom in a 3 way against A K and Q K and you win with Q J after you pair your jack. Other times you lose with aces. It's poker, just have fun.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Total posts
You can’t win a tournament if you’re not willing to go all in at some point, actually I’d say multiple points. This is extremely important when you’re under 15 bb and one of the short stacks. If you aren’t willing to go all in to double up, you will never win.