Do you hate the very long late registration time?

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wait times

Don't mind at all. I am able to register in time.

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first I did but now I really enjoy them you just need to be patient

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The long registration periods are interesting. Usually right about time the registration ends, is pretty close to when the bubble pops and the places start paying. I think there's a lot of dead money that comes in late registration when they're buying for around 10BB or even less sometimes.

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah those formats are so annoying ! :3

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like tournaments with such a long late registration.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never like long late registrations. It takes forever for the tournament to be down to the final table.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its the reason I play turbos. I don't wanna play a tourney that goes for 8 hours.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only advantage that i see, is that when the registration ends, we are almost on itm.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While it can be annoying and a little tedious at times, it helps to make playing a high guaranteed prize pool at a low entry fee possible. So overall I don't really mind. :)

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What kind of tournament, and which room? So that I don't accidentally register for such a tournament. Seriously, I prefer to play tournaments where registration is not more than 2 hours. And those who write that they do not want to play 8 hours, play turbo. there little poker, but a lot of emotions.

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that late registration should not be in poker tournaments, and that there are those who deliberately come late so that there are fewer players at the last minute of registration.

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate it, recently there was one with 1 hour 30 minute late registration. It means the tournament is going to last all day. I also hate the double buy in option ...

J

JimTheBadger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm fine with it. Leads to much bigger prize pools and really doesn't change the game much. I'm okay with tournaments being long as I believe that gives me an edge over the average field.

J

JimTheBadger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that late registration should not be in poker tournaments, and that there are those who deliberately come late so that there are fewer players at the last minute of registration.

Yea I do this all the time if the tournament has no re entry. There is no reason to register at start time unless you plan on firing multiple bullets.

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not always,but it's nice to see paid places and prices increase.

People need to quit whining, if you don’t like long registration periods join latter play better. I love joining a table late and becoming chip leader in a few hands. It will put lesser players on tilt when you do more in three hands than they did in three hours.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like tournaments, for example, to have a maximum late reg of 1 hour. In my opinion, that would be enough.

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes it's really irritating because people keep on piling it and it lengthens the whole duration of the tournament so what would normally take a couple hours can take 9 or 10 hours to complete. poker sites have long late registration so that they can maximize the number of entries and re-entries - makes sense from a business perspective, but not so much from a poker player standpoint.

funkymoney

funkymoney

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, i hate it, especially when the blinds are low and the registration ends after 2 hrs. I can only play one in a day

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it is freeroll than yes, because that means the prizes will be lower and it will take a long time to make into the money, if it is a paid one I don't really care, if I don't have time to play it I'll just play a turbo instead.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tournaments with late registration put you in a very difficult situation.flying out of the tournament seems to get into the prizes and then you late registration is not over and in getting into the prizes and does not shine.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer shorter reg time, time is money, so BE ON TIME!

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes !

i dont like late registrations (except 2-3 levels maybe) in general

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
U can see this from both sides, on the one hand its very hard to stand if u are early in a tournament, on the other site u have the chance to register for big tournaments when u have to work long or do some other stuff before...I personally like it and the big pokersites want to make some money with many players of course ;)