Do you feel like a loser leaving in a buble?

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes, losing in the bubble is the worst thing for a poker player, after the time invested, the energy, the strategies, falling in the bubble does make you feel like a loser

what do you thinks???

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Failure on the bubble for me is a mistake I made, a miscalculation of the situation. That is something that needs to be worked on.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yees. Worst thing in tournaments :mad:

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Depends on the tournament, in general I don't care bubbling a tournament because I never chase the min cash.
If the min cash is significant and I have registered with a satellite then I may feel bad. :p

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't feel like a loser per se, more like an idiot.

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I very rarely fall off the balloon

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It's usually not a good idea to play for the min cash, this doesn't mean that finishing ITM isn't great but if you change your game drastically when you approach the bubble you'll just be exploited by good players and on the long run you'll lose money... that's why, I don't feel bad if I finish on the bubble after making the 'right' play to call/ shove with a +EV hand.

GLGL all at the tables :)

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you feel like a looser leaving on the bubble, does getting a mincash make you feel like a winner? :rolleyes:

S

SharkyShark1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing a tournament I never go for the min cash, you need to play to win. There are occasions where you should be less aggressive, for example if you playing a satellite and everyone gets the same price. However this should not be the case when playing a tournament, if there are opportunities to get more chips, get more chips and sometimes you run into a better hand. It happens so never feel like a loser.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely a sucky feeling. However, if you're someone who's goal is to try to go all the way and you don't care too much for a min cash, then it is less like a feeling of failure and more of a causality of making the best plays to try to go for a higher finish.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its a horrible feeling to lose in the bubble because you have spent so much time playing a tournament and you are out just before you can cash some money. i dont feel like a loser just very frustrated to lose just before i could make at least some profit for the amount of hours i have spent in playing the tournament.

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bubble trouble…

It is difficult to not feel horrible being bubble bounced… it sucks for sure. Try to be very mindful of your position.. to avoid this predicament.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm trying to adapt to myself that if I see a very little chance to catch bigger payjumps, with little stack is actually an effective step to not to be bubbled and reaching the min-cash. Otherwise with bigger stack if I have an action hand which I can trust enough to making a possible profit with, I can take the bubble-boy rule.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why immediately loser. You think about how many players played with you and could not get where you yourself went. This is already an achievement.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Honestly, I do not care about being bubble or loosing a game at all.
Do not get me wrong, I am very interested in Poker and I play it a lot. And of course, I want my games to be lucrative.

But one single game does not bother me. Being the bubble girl means, that I have enough skills to be in the money next game. Therefore, I would not worry and care.
With enough brm, such situations will keep you cold.

T

TomCj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not feel like a looser just because Iwas knocked out on the bubble

It's going to happen occasionally, no matter how well you play

As long as you try again until you WIN, you are not a looser

TC

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's just one more thing that happens in poker. My stats for bubbling to getting higher in the money look good, so I will not stop to play my good hands on the bubble.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its very disappointing to lose on a bubble, especially with a bad beat. But someone has to lose on a bubble and at times it will be me. So I don't let it affect me for long.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
yes, losing in the bubble is the worst thing for a poker player, after the time invested, the energy, the strategies, falling in the bubble does make you feel like a loser

what do you thinks???

Weird, playing all that time & taking home chump change is a goal eh?

vonabruch

vonabruch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately , I've been flying on the bubble very often.
It 's very annoying :(

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope I have better luck next time. Experience is a big thing.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I dont feel like a "loser". That is such a personal and emotional statement, and it makes no sense looking at poker in this way. If for instance you play a 45-man on pokerstars, then 7 people get paid, and 1 out of 45 has to be the 8. place finisher AKA "bubble boy". So statistically speaking if I play 45 of these, on average I will be the "bubble boy" in one. And if I play 450, I will be the "bubble boy" in 10.

And why is this even that important to begin with? 37 other players also failed to cash, and a min-cash is only 4,38% of the price pool, while the winner gets 31% of the price pool. So is finishing in 7. place really all that different from finishing in 8. place? Not really. Its still kind of "so close but not quite", since you could have won 7 times more, than you actually did.

So my advice is to stop focusing on the outcome of individual tournaments and on false achievements like "not being the bubble boy". Focus instead on the long run and making solid decisions in every hand, and then results will automatically follow. Maybe not today, this week or even this month but eventually.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weird, playing all that time & taking home chump change is a goal eh?

Exactly and especially in tournaments with a low buyin and slow structure. We paid 3,3$ to enter, and now after 4½ hours we have cashed for 5,5$ for a net profit of 2,2$. So how could we possibly have spend our time any better? ;)

G

GORA1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
failure and bubble

I don't feel like a loser going into a bubble at all so I'm in online poker primarily for the time being for my leisure time!