The degree of concentration you need in freerolls

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They say” enjoy freerolls and grow your bankrolls”. They also say” the big advantage is, you don’t have to risk anything because you have nothing to lose”.

What they say big advantage could be a big problem for many.

While playing I found that lot of players going all-in with pocket cards which were not worth playing. More strange is the fact that I was also following their trend.

Needless to mention, I gained nothing from those tournaments. And that was my “big problem” as I was unable to understand this phenomenon.

Then I realized that it has something to do with the word “free”. Getting something free and something by payment are two different things and our mind understands them well. Sometimes we don’t pay proper value to that free (gift). Even we don’t use that gift sensibly. The extent of involvement and the degree of concentration in a game are the two main factors which determines how we utilize the gift.

In freerolls, we need to employ more of our mind. It is important…. With poor attention and poor judgment what else can you expect, except poor result?

Last edited:
georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
In freerolls, we need to employ more of our mind. It is important…. With poor attention and poor judgment what else can you expect, except poor result?

I'm expecting the next freeroll!

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Free rolls at best are extremely frustrating. I believe you try to learn and don’t expect to win, they are a tool, that’s it

P

PokerWahoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the $10 on demand sng freerolls, yeah I kind of just go allin early and its only worth playing if I start with more chips than everyone else

For the CC freerolls, I actually try and play good poker - and its been paying off. Its a grind an a few hours committed, but can easily get some starting bankroll for 0.01/0.02

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had that probleme too but I kinda found the key to it , you have to be patient, if it s fast tournament freeroll , u must be agressive and try to have as many chips as u can , always stay above the average, don t get involved personally with someone , cuz u will forget about the other players, and u ll start doing bad moves , ignore thoses who trying to make it personal. And good luck

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like to play freerolls. Maybe the actions of some players are unreasonable, I just try not to get nervous about it.

Justin Bloomquist

Justin Bloomquist

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are like a crapshoot. It's all about luck and not much skill is involved. I have began to have a not give a crap attitude when it comes to these tournaments. I started joining all the chaos. LOL!

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are there for everyone. Expect every kind of play.

Zumpf

Zumpf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Plaing in freerolls, I'm getting experience, first of all.
Most of players going all in from the start.
I think it is wrong strategy. It is hope for the luck.
In every freeroll I have purpose to get in prize zone.
I do not go all in even with AQ.
And this strategy works.
My best result is 16 plase.
You must think about win in every play and all will be.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are like a crapshoot. It's all about luck and not much skill is involved. I have began to have a not give a crap attitude when it comes to these tournaments. I started joining all the chaos. LOL!

It really depends on the freeroll and the prize structure. In the early stages, before the fish get fried is the best time to make a quick double up. Just see a few flops with decent cards, wait to hit a decent hand (Two-Pair or better prefered,, but Top pair may be enough too if u feel lucky) and just dump your chips in there. These fish will usually call you with anything, gutshot, bottom pair, overcard.. you name it. Sometimes u get unlucky and everyone folds or u lose, but most of the time u will get called light and double up. I only suggest doing this for the first 25% of the field. Take advantage of the people that dont give a crap, they dont last long, but if u can get their chips early u can go a long way :icon_boun

Once you get to the top 20% of the field, it will play like your normal micro MTT, as the fish are long gone and mostly only more serious players remain.

Last edited:
K

kalon breeden

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Until it comes down to the final couple tables you don't need much focus at all, you just need lady luck to help you catch some good cards. Then if your are lucky enough to make to the final couple tables you'll need to start strategizing and focusing more

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are harder than Money buy ins games still if you are not a good poker player it doesn't matter if it's a freeroll or a 5000$ buy in game you will not win I have seen players winning multiple times these said freerolls I have won also many of these 10$ on demand freerolls and I will win also in CardsChat Freerolls (Till now I haven't played so much in CardsChat) All you need is a lot of Focus, Discipline and some luck for the first hands.

Give me a hand that makes me double up and I will be unstoppable.

flathead

flathead

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If there are say 800 players that register for a free roll, and the top 10 players are "in the money" you are already pushing shit up hill just to make anything.
With that sample size, probability would say that there will be enough players who take outrages chances and win to occupy the first 10 places. So forget about playing real poker, it's much more like a lottery, push when there is the most at stake is all I can really come up with

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some just play because there are no fees,and others to win and start building a bankroll.Unfortunately the first prevent the second...

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last night on CC 1000€ unibet freeroll I played really well, my stack was over average and I played really concentrated, paying attention on everything, but before me seated donk that every hand gos all in. And I waited good hand to call him. I folded everything A10,AJ,88,77 etc. Then come KK in my hands and I call all in and he showed 73 off suit, and flop comes 7,3.... and I was buste. So you can play the best you can but there always will be some donk who will bust your tournament life. That’s freeroll

iriska

iriska

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the initial stage in freerolls you need a lot of luck and play only with good cards. many will play with any garbage to knock out chips or immediately fly out and not spend much time.

MaxMarauder

MaxMarauder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy slowly and methodically taking the chips the "all in" crowd has accumulated. They have no strategy and tilt easy.

Z

Zhud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls, you just need to play the right poker, and do not get upset when the bad bit happens to you.

Freeroll Passwords