Deal making in tournament play

MrGoodFlop

MrGoodFlop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The other day I was observing the heads up play at the final table of one of the big money tournaments on PS.
Suddenly, the play stopped and a message from the admin showed up in the chat box. The message said something like "Play paused while players are negotiating a deal".
I was wondering how does this work?
How did the players initiate this?
I did not see any other messages in the chat box, so how did they communicate to negotiate the deal?

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I think there is a button available to ask a Deal - but not sure really ...

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played on pokerstars since black Friday, but I had made several deals before that. There was an option in the lobby to contact support. They would show up to the chat and ask if all remaining players wished to make a deal. They would run their formula and tell players their payout. If all agreed, deal was done. But sometimes a player wanted more money, so he negotiate with remaining players. That would usually result in the tournament playing out.

J

Joey1998

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ahhh, makes sense;
It will be nice getting to this point in my online career

F

FailX21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once you reach the final table, there is a checkbox on the bottom right to make a deal. If all remaining players have checked it, the deal window opens. There is a "private chat" for the players to negotiate a deal. There is plenty of different options possible, and you can find them on pokerstars if you're really interested.

jus7_play3r

jus7_play3r

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can see the button if playing the final table of course: D Very cool feeling to see this button for a deal: D I hope soon to do and we tsaknem: D Good luck!

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are at the final table there is a mark to check if you want to make a deal. If everyone at the table check it then administrator works out some deals for players to consider, or players themselves propose some deals.

PuMa8818

PuMa8818

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hmmm, even in the repetition in the chat shows how the transaction is carried out. On the final table, a check mark appears and if everyone puts it, a break begins to discuss the deal. The administrator leaves the chat and shows the option in which the prize money is distributed in terms of the number of chips players have. If someone does not agree, then the transaction is canceled.
hmmm, even in the repetition in the chat shows how the transaction is carried out. On the final table, a check mark appears and if everyone puts it, a break begins to discuss the deal. The administrator leaves the chat and shows the option in which the prize money is distributed in terms of the number of chips players have. If someone does not agree, then the transaction is canceled.

Last edited:
mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
the option of the deal is only shown to the players who are at the final table and when they request it through check box, if I remember well a moderator explains what would be the prize of each player

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I have never concluded a deal at the final table.
I play poker for 5 months and honestly I was only twice in the final table. I think it would be interesting.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never ever made a deal in my life and i never will. I have seen players practically beg for a deal because they either are luck players, weak players who want to guarantee cash..and believe me - often there are players who make final tables who are not necessarily good players..
I play to win and i am happy to lose but for me, getting the 1st place is the end goal

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes the deal sometimes works in your favour if first knocked out after it but if you go on to win you will be sick lose value and get smaller prize tough one to call at times.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless it's a deal to win everyone's cash,i would't make it,why should i settle for less? Seems silly to me,,,,;)

N

notahead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea usually a button on final table or support can be contacted full tilt back in day use to allow you to do this by yourself i mean it question of do you want to ride out variance when it isn't for alot money deal are not made but when get big money games deals are often made as few hundred k or even 50 k in 3 handed game is alot to play for and many people will just choose make a deal and avoid variance at such a large amount of money

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless it's a deal to win everyone's cash,i would't make it,why should i settle for less? Seems silly to me,,,,;)
Not really settling for less. You never know where you will finish. Usually the more chips you have the more you get. You could be chip leader one min and short stack the next.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Every client has this option, the deal can be made by all the final table players or by the last two etc. But make the FT is mandatory in order to check the deal button. Most of the time the the client provides the players with the information how many other players have already checked the deal making button.

The time every participant checks the button the tournament pauses and an admin joins the chat. There are two types of deal ICM and Chip Chop. Admin writes the numbers and if all sides agree we reach a deal.