Chip leader at first stages or till the late stages?

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I mean, if u are the chip leader at first stages with possibility to keep it all along the tournament. or late stages, with same parameters??

It will depend a lot on the tournament you are playing, in tournaments that last a long time, the fact that you accumulate a lot of chips at the beginning, does not mean that you can reach the final table, unlike a 45 person Sit Go, which if you accumulate many chips at the beginning the chance of reaching the final table is much higher. My tactic is to gradually accumulate chips, play tighter at the beginning and play more aggressively towards the bubble.:)

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello I prefer to increase my stack as the tournament progresses but sometimes I get pair of AA in the first hand and two or three opponents went all out so it was easier to start from there lol:D

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I like to build my stack slowly. I feel more comfortable with this this than having a big stack from the beginning.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I mean, if u are the chip leader at first stages with possibility to keep it all along the tournament. or late stages, with same parameters??

I like being the chip leader early on. I also like being the chip leader going into the final-table. I like being the the big-stack at any point in a tourney. You can bully other players and pad your stack as you go. It's a nice spot to be in. Getting those chips can be a problem, though, especially if you're card-dead or your K's just keep getting cooled off by AK or whatever. But being the chip-leader gives you breathing room to play other hands you normally wouldn't play like J7s from the SB or 96s from utg or vice-versa. Sitting on your chips and playing only AA, KK, and similar starting hands is another option but you're just asking to get chomped on by hungrier players.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not fussed either way. Having the chips early or late on means, to me, that I can open up my pre-flop range.

MrrrRock

MrrrRock

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am least successfull when I lead early, maybe its because my strategy is to register 5-10 minutes before late reg ends.its better for me to be underdog. tournament start at the final table...

cindymagaly

cindymagaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basically being a chip leader at any time in a tournament is very good and excellent because if you start as a leader for a long time you can be a whale of chips and get much more wealth to reach the bubble with a good chance of at least reaching to the final table, where the prizes are especially very good and you would have a good feeling of the game.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Always nice to build a big stack early. It's what you do with it that will determine your end result.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

If you are asking if I want a big stack at the beginning or the end. The end of course. However I have no problem with being chip leader early and trying to keep it all the way to the heads up.