Chip leader at first stages or till the late stages?

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
I mean, if u are the chip leader at first stages with possibility to keep it all along the tournament. or late stages, with same parameters??

A

alien666dj

Legend
Total posts
I prefer to build up the stack gradually until the bubble period.

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Total posts
Better to play in a measured manner, the top stack is difficult to keep.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
I prefer to build my stack little by little because many times when I lead the tournament from the beginning to the middle or more I tend to decline in my game, it is something that I am still trying to solve, but sometimes it is better to go from less to more

black and

black and

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
UA
I mean, if u are the chip leader at first stages with possibility to keep it all along the tournament. or late stages, with same parameters??

In any tournament, I always set a goal to get prizes. This is my top priority. It doesn't matter if I'm a chip leader or an outsider. For me, the main thing is to stay patient throughout the tournament and make the right decisions.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Total posts
Eveyrone builds it gradually, how else can u build it?
Beating weak opponents, semi-bluffing, bluffing, playing according to the strategy that was created before the start of the game. That is, the game plan should always be different.

A

Arbas33

Rising Star
Total posts

I think and confirm that observation is friction works against: 0 some sit on the seat for a long time .... :)

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
If I become the chip leader at the beginning of the game, then the tournament will be unsuccessful for me))It's better for me to gradually build up the stack.In the early stages of the tournament, having a large stack is better for KO

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Being the chip leader early really does not mean anything. Its nice but it nothing. Look at the leader board after the 1 and 2nd levels. You will se people with 2x to 4x starting stacks in the to 5. Now on the money bubble look them up. Many time most if not all are out of the tournament. There are also 2 types of players who are chip leaders early on. Players who games and solid player who went against them with solid hands. You will rarely see the solid players as a chip leader early on but when they are you will many time see them go deep. Its not about getting the big stack but building a stack. I would not worry about stack sizes but just work on being able to grow a stack.

A

auslender72

Enthusiast
Total posts
Being the chip leader early really does not mean anything. Its nice but it nothing. Look at the leader board after the 1 and 2nd levels. You will se people with 2x to 4x starting stacks in the to 5. Now on the money bubble look them up. Many time most if not all are out of the tournament. There are also 2 types of players who are chip leaders early on. Players who games and solid player who went against them with solid hands. You will rarely see the solid players as a chip leader early on but when they are you will many time see them go deep. Its not about getting the big stack but building a stack. I would not worry about stack sizes but just work on being able to grow a stack.
total agree

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
It is rare to be a chip leader throughout a tournament. Sometimes the leader's chip in the early stages does not even make it into the prizes. As the card will lie so it will be. It's up to you to fix the game with this card.

R

RDHartsoe

Rock Star
Total posts
I would say late stages chip leader but if you make one mistake you could go from chip leader to close to out, if not out of the tournament. If you have the chip lead early in the tournament you have some flexibility as to how to play certain hands.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
I don't understand the question.

If I have the opportunity to stack off some opponents in the early stages I will do it otherwise I will try to build my stack by winning smaller pots.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Total posts
Awards
DE
when I become the chip leader at the beginning of the tournament, I already know that there are lots of bad beats to come and I usually don't manage to stay in the game any longer. I'm also not really interested in being chip leader because it doesn't really help. Those who are chip leaders at the beginning of the tournament often play several bad hands and are then quickly out of the game. that's why I don't really care if I'm chip leader or not

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
better late than early. but still I try to never let an opportunity to make more chips go to waste. hand by hand.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Total posts
Awards
If we are talking about a large, multi-hour tournament, it is impossible to maintain the lead for the entire tournament.. I think in this situation it is not important your level of play or luck, it's very difficult to do it psychologically.. This applies not only to poker, you can talk about any dispute or occupation. When you are constantly a leader, it is a very big burden for any person. Online poker is a crazy stress and if you add more nerves, you can go crazy :)
When you get a few multiplications of your pot at the late stage of the tournament it's a real injection of adrenaline and adds confidence to the victory or for a more relaxed game at the final table :)

If we talk about short tournaments, of course it is very good to be a leader and lead a short game behind itself, you have a lot of opportunities for aggression and pressure.

M

Mjoe_b

Rising Star
Total posts
Chip leader

If I become chip leader at first stage I start to play Tite to try and keep that lead and if I still have the lead in the late stage I start to loosen up and play aggressive.:eek:

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Total posts

I prefer became chip leader as soon as possible. I play more and better with big stacks.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Total posts
Awards
its best to start early if you wanna be chip leader. I often am chipleader and when I am I usually stay there most the tourney .

I don't ever TRY to be chipleader!!!

It is a side affect of me being the most aggressively skilled player in the MTT.
Play your game to your style

I don't try to be "The Chip leader"
I just am

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
Like 'Moneymaker' onde said, u just need one chip and one chair to play poker. The stack will vary a lot along the tournaments, and u need to just do the best u can to don't spit it on doubtous plays. But, for sure, any time I'm the chip leader, I really like my position.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
I enjoy playing tighter when I'm chip leader when there is very little ICM on the table, but once ICM begin to get stronger, I like putting pressure on my opponents, forcing them to make tought decision. Having the monster stack after the buuble is just the best part of poker, when u can really exploit your opponents flaws, even better when u have a lot of information about them.

emejota23

emejota23

Rock Star
Total posts
Always in the early stages, the most important thing is to stabilize. jejejejejje :D