Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I raised from EP having 25 BB ES, with AJo and get called from a decent regular in the blinds, with more than 25 BB ES.

The flop comes 4A2 rainbown and the regular donks-shove and I call.

My ideia here is simple: I can be opening from UTG, having a tight range, 22, 44, AA, AK, AQ, AJ and AT. I can open these hands in the Level 8 of blinds for value.
When it comes a flop 4A2, I will have all the AA, AK, AQ in my range, I will have also half of the pocket pairs combos of 44 and 22.
The regular in the blinds could have A4, A2, but IMO it wasn't a spot for shoving:
The regular in the blinds shows AQo, and when AQ raises this flop it will get a lot of calls from AK, AA, 44 and 22.
So, if I call here with AK, AA, 44 and 22, I will also call with AQ, AJ, AT, and sometimes A2 and A4, when I open these suited combos from EP. This way I can balance my range and protect my rank versus the blinds because the blinds could still have AT, A9, A8, A7, etc and could be trying to kick me out of the pot because I am opening from EP I will have all the pocket pairs combos and KK would have a hard trouble calling here.
If I had JJ, QQ and KK from EP and villain donks shove the flop I would fold 70% of times and exploitatively call 30% of times. What do you think?

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a pretty weird line from the opponent, but with 25BB to start the hand and a decent top pair, I am not going to fold. If he has me beat, he would also have won my chips by checking to me and letting me hang myself.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would look at this two ways. First, are there any hands he would flat with that has me beat pre flop? I wouldnt think so as he should be raising bigger Ax hands and most pairs. Maybe he calls with pocket pairs 2-5s. Secondly, with the given flop, what could he have us beat with? The only hands in his range that come to mind would be the aforementioned pocket pairs of 2s and 4s.

If he actually has though hands would he really be donk jamming? I highly doubt it as too many of his opponents hands would fold. He could put you on an ace and do this but I think that is far too risky and could cheat himself out of value.

Its a safe call on your part in m opinion as he will show up with a ton of semi bluffs with hands that include a 3 or a 5 and will also have a lot of Ax hands with x being lower than a jack.