For buy-in tournaments, next step after freerolls....

Serbianbeauty

Serbianbeauty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am in the money nearly every time in the 888poker $3000 freeroll, but it pays a large percentage of field. I can often get to .60 which is #1099 or better out of 11,000+ people. Sometimes I get to $1.20 level which is #482 or better and only a couple times $1.80 which is #300 or better. Never better than that.

Since I am inexperienced, should I even attempt any buy-in tournaments considering these freeroll results? If so, which tournaments would be suggested? :)

R

roman5551993

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think better to play regular tournaments do not think it will be easier turbo.

RomaS

RomaS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Look in the main list of $ 1 World Cup tournaments. This is a specific variant of the tournament, where the prize fund is divided into two parts - one, as usual, is distributed among the players in the order of the occupied places. And the other is divided between the players of the team. "Team" you choose at the beginning of the game. This will give you an excellent experience to look at the players, and learn how to identify strong and dangerous players. At the same time choosing a potentially strong team, you will get a part of the prize without even reaching the bubble. For a beginner in poker, this can be a mild banking experience.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also play these tournaments at 888. But they are more like a game of roulette. In my opinion, it is better to start playing slow tournaments, such as the "Big" tournament on PokerStar. In these tournaments you will have a chance to use your skills and experience.

Limited_Al

Limited_Al

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go for it!

I think you should give it a go, and buy in to some tournaments on 888, but only if your bankroll allows it... I’m sure there is some saying like “You’ll never drive a bigger car, unless you drive a bigger car”! You should move up levels if you feel that you can and have the bankroll, or else you’ll just stick to freerolls.

I tend to follow the 30 buyin rule for cash and a 2% buyin rule for tournaments. As I only have $15 in my 888 account (still learning to improve at my game...) then I’m on 2NL cash and joining tournaments up to 30 cents. That way, you can climb up or drop down stakes as you need to.

Best of luck! :)

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
888 sounds like a cool site i wished i could play there. i'm in the south of US not many options, as for the OP, i'm in the same boat. In the fr i seem to get in the top 20-30 which isn't ITM for most yet in the 1.00 buy ins i seem to get screwed. i have tried the SNG's which i've been 50/50

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look in the main list of $ 1 World Cup tournaments. This is a specific variant of the tournament, where the prize fund is divided into two parts - one, as usual, is distributed among the players in the order of the occupied places. And the other is divided between the players of the team. "Team" you choose at the beginning of the game. This will give you an excellent experience to look at the players, and learn how to identify strong and dangerous players. At the same time choosing a potentially strong team, you will get a part of the prize without even reaching the bubble. For a beginner in poker, this can be a mild banking experience.

What site has this type of tournament?

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play sit a go of 9 players

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Take into consideration that this tournament plays 4500 players out of the 11000-12000 registered players. A classic tournament pays the top 10%-15%.
Yes you should try real money games since you win most of the times in this freeroll you have a standard ''income'' , you have nothing to lose in my opinion! Only through experience you will become better.

Good Luck :)

Freeroll Passwords