Building a bankroll from satellites

P

PW300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it easier to build a bankroll from playing satellite tournaments? In the past I have played satellites (finishing in the money) that have finished before the main tournament that you have qualified for starts. I have then unregistered from the main event and although you don't get the cash back, you do get the value of the ticket back to play a sng or mtt of your choice.
In a cash mtt, most of the prize money goes to the top 3. In satellites it is shared equally among all players who win. So surely playing in satellites, then unregistering from the final tournament if you make it, is a good way to build a bankroll. You can then play games with less variance and smaller buy ins, and try to convert the entries into cash.

N

ninoverm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have thought about this as well and definitely agree. If you're the kinda player that will finish in top 30 of big tourneys a lot but struggles to make it further than that, this might be more of a +EV option. Especially if you know how to play (turbo) satellites.

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In various forums you can exchange for cash tournament money, and get them to play a cash game.

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never put my own money on any sites. I build my BR from freerolls.

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like to do BR through satellites.

Some satellite tournaments reward up to 20% of players and no differentiation by final position

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's easier to build BR from the games you think you have advantage at. I suck badly at MTTs but STT,Cash,HU goes better, so when I lost like a half of my BR to wierd bad beats in MTTs I went to HUSNG/SPNG... ever looked back =)
If you think you do good at sats you can play StarsCoins sats and then convert them directly to $

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management Poker Tells