Breast cancer free buys

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im glad for these free buys but this one first thing in the mourning has been a killer. Its tough with all in almost every hand so patience is suppose to be a virtue. So i wait and i'm a bit looser on these so ill call queens or better. Cant chase anything because starting 1000 chips miss one draw your done.

this week alone i waited for top pair and as usual my stack is small enough no one is folding. Those coveted aces or kings has lost every time. This mourning my aces had one caller and of coarse hes big stack. Calling wth 4,8 off. As usual you guessed it a magnificent straight. I have to be the unluckiest guy.

Has anybody done well with this structure. 1000 chips is a push fold from get go. Top pair don't hold up what will. Cant imagine anyone starting off looking for a drawing hand.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think you cannot take a game with this sort of structure at all seriously. As you said, from the get go it's basically shove or fold play. If you want to play these for fun and see if you can get lucky on the onset and build your stack, go for it. But when you run bad in these I wouldn't waste too much brain power on trying to figure out way. You already know these games are -EV.

So take them for what they are and have a little fun with them. Take it as an opportunity to blow off steam and donk it up in the most magnificent aggro style the tables have ever seen. :p

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I already wrote this, I'll write to you too. Bad luck is when AA loses 12 times in a row in a week. It was just like that with me. Do not get upset, often play on connectors and suited cards. You play more, there are more options that you will win on regular cards. You will be lucky, good luck.:)

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$8 worth of rebuys i think it was hehe to win eleveny-five cents...nah i hung in for 35th for $9 so turned a profit,It was all for breast cancer awareness of course:rolleyes:

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Royal Flush in todays Breast Cancer Awareness freebuy followed by trip 3s and again a set of threes on the river as i post this lol.Awesome start here sitting in 7th now with an hour late reg to go and 583 players at mo..gl all.
Royal flush breast cancer awareness
make that 3rd place hehe
Make3rd
:)

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are tuff made it to final two tables in one 10 players and site went down. Have two other small cashes.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know if you buy in last minute, you can almost be ITM. There was 1 or 2 of these I end up being in the money with out playing a hand.

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes I hear the pain of only 1k starting stack, but yes some patience and then luck helps, once you get anywhere around 3k , then able to play normally, I have messed up quite a few times with a stack of 8k+ , so it happens , great prizes and great initiative, what does make me wonder though are players with 10k+ after only 10mins or so from the start lol.
good poker and hope to see all there at the tables :p

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played about 15 freebuys, but never make cash in brest cancar freebuys. In others I had once 22 place, and min cash 5-6 times. You need to be really lucky there, and have patience and fold sometimes good hands to go deep in those kind of tournaments