Bounty builder or S&G tournaments?

C

Claudiurox

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys. Where do you think it's better to improve your poker skills, on KO tournaments or sit & go? In the KO, you have to wait for the right cards and then most of the time you go all in, instead in S&G you have to play with some strategy.
I play a lot of Bounty builder tournaments, but it's annoying when 5 hand in a row someone goes all in.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sng's are the way to go, imo. I mean the $ is right there so picking the right spots should be a no-brainer. Most sng's last no longer than 45 mins to an hour. Building up a roll can be achieved quite easily. Good luck.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
S&G for sure , i don't like KO tournaments because players go a lot to all in the early stages, in low buy-ins it's common, and that don't improve anyone skills :cheers:

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on how much you have to bank, you could combine both modalities, but if you have little bank, I recommend the sit and go.

A

AJantwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you spelled it out in your opening post. SnGs involve more skill, thus more learning. KOs involve more luck. You might make decent money at KOs, but SnGs will make you a better player overall.

No reason you can't play both, of course.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like both types of tournaments, but I think that S&G tournaments are the most stable discipline in poker. If we talk about hyper-turbo S&G, then in this case I choose KO tournaments. In general, the best option for making money in online poker is a turbo or regular S&G tournaments. I once read this information, and from my own experience I can say the same thing.

fickleberry

fickleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you compare bounty tournaments with a non-bounty structured SnG? The question should be: should I play PKO tournaments or regular tournaments, right?

The best you can do to develop your game is to play the 90 or 180 man Sit & Go. These are fast paced, start every 20 minutes or so and have a beginning, middle and late stage.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Both options are well suited for improving skills. But I prefer SnG tournaments.

nikolaevich87

nikolaevich87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do you compare bounty tournaments with a non-bounty structured SnG? The question should be: should I play PKO tournaments or regular tournaments, right?

The best you can do to develop your game is to play the 90 or 180 man Sit & Go. These are fast paced, start every 20 minutes or so and have a beginning, middle and late stage.

interesting tips, before excluding myself from the game, it was difficult for me to play a bunch of sharks there

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they are 2 different beasts, sngs generally have more shallow stack play and icm is more important, and tourneys usually have more deeper play and less icm.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends how much time you have... I prefer tournaments over SNGs

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys. Where do you think it's better to improve your poker skills, on KO tournaments or sit & go? In the KO, you have to wait for the right cards and then most of the time you go all in, instead in S&G you have to play with some strategy.
I play a lot of Bounty builder tournaments, but it's annoying when 5 hand in a row someone goes all in.
totally agree with you. People Play really loose on those tournaments…..
Try to mix up your game with like 80% SnG and 20% KO.

I think SnGs are the best way to build a proper bankroll

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a little bit like asking, which is better, a bicycle or an apple pie. The two things are not mutually exclusive, since bounties can be build into both SnGs, that start on demand, as well as larger time scheduled tournaments. pokerstars for instance has both. So its really two separate choises, we are talking about here: The size of the tournament, and the presence or not of bounties.

If you are completely new to tournament poker, bounties are a complication, so it might be better to start with tournaments without, and then possibly look to add bounties later. I do think however, tournament with bounties tend to be a bit softer, so you might be missing out on some good opportunities to build the bankroll.