bounty builder 2.20$

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!
Yesterday i played bounty builder 2.20$ i got 44$ from bounties and 21$ in regular prizes. Im proud of myself but had a bad beat JJvs77 he got 7 on the flop. Please tell me your oppinion how to play mtt when there are less than 50 players left?
If you run deep in that kind of mtts like the big the hot... I would like your oppinions

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play more aggressively (to steal the blinds), since at this stage it is very important

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play more aggressively (to steal the blinds), since at this stage it is very important
Agree here. You gotta steal blinds now and then when blinds are worth stealing.

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bounty tournaments are way more aggressive than normal tournaments u gotta be careful getting lot committed in those, shove fest for the most part. Once u get to 50 poor less I'm thinking the play will change up and start playing like a typical survive and pick ur spot tournament. Unless multi way all ins or bullying short stacks come ur way. Just pick and choose ur spots as usual with any tournament

StuffBarnaul

StuffBarnaul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your stack.
Leader of table - play agressive.
Short stack - push/fold.
Medium - try to steal.
Opponents on table important, too.
If I see regular or adequate and agressive player 1-2 position after me, I should play more tight.
In builders bounty is important, but not more important than knockout the tournament.

caterina12

caterina12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bounty tournaments are more aggressive than normal tournaments

R

RaviRaju

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only agressive!!!
This tipe of tournament play tight/agressive.

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a deep run back in January with poker stars $3.30 bounty builder played over six and a half hours ended up finishing in 34th place with $45 profit from knockouts and prize money. I got a little to aggressive with AJ all in pre flop was going after a sit out player with no big blinds left $15 bounty got two callers KQ and AK and out. You take JJ vs 77 every time just unlucky.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is the best way to play AK or AQ just to shove do you agree?. BTW i run deep in HOT 3.30$ finished 35. yesterday

R

Ricardas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most important stuff on mtts to survive. When antes and blind are high , try to minraise good hands , connectros as well, from possition. And try to steal
Blinds carefully

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most important stuff on mtts to survive. When antes and blind are high , try to minraise good hands , connectros as well, from possition. And try to steal
Blinds carefully

Ikn but bounty builders are MTTs where u need to KO players if u play just for survive you wont be able to KO anyone.
I must say tight/aggressive is the best strategy i think

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
First all congrats for your score. you won $65 in total. When you are the big stack you can call lighter the smaller stacks and pick up their bounties. You should bully the players after you when you have a very strong hand and you want to isolate in order to win a bounty. Don't slow play here your monsters because the other ''bounty hunters'' won't show mercy haha..
When shortstacked you know that you gonna propably get called, this is a fact ,so wait and be really patient when to shove and hoping for a double up. Prefer late positions and more preferably hu coinflip situations. Good luck!

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
nice win keep up the good work

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My congrats your win!!!gg.Really such events must be played aggressively in late and middle period.I think that skill is very important here and if u gather notes for your opponents u have better chances to go deeper.

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First I want to congratulate you for your winnings, it was not bad your move with that pair jj you should assume that the rival counted with some luck because the odds were in your favor but not always the best hand is the one that wins

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
must be able to switch from one range to another

W

wilreed69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Unaccounted bounty money

hey, I got a quick question, sorry if this is hijacking the thread but dont think its worth starting a new thread.
Anyway I'm currently in a 2.20 bounty builder on poker stars and i dont get how the money is divided up and here's why. 0.20 for commission then 1.00 for the bounty and 1.00 for placed prize money. simple so far. But when I knock someone out I get awarded 0.50 straight back in my account and only 0.25 added to my bounty so theres still 0.25 unaccounted for or I'm missing something (which probably means I shouldn't be playing online poker lol).
Either way if someone could explain this to me I would be very grateful.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in the late stage need if your stack is in the top, you have to wait of the equation stacks, then there are more chances to correct moves in relation to the opponents, but there are exceptions, for example at the final table have to wait for the odds on counters and shift so that there is nothing and no one was able to beat you.

S

seanbee01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with most, if you stiffen up you will leak chips u gotta play aggro play on the front foot.

N

nottserious

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think u should play more aggro

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are in the prizes:
With a short stack aggressively (push / fold).
With the average stack more carefully
With a big stack you can choose the tactics depending on opponents.

C

C3H6S

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey men....nice prize :D!!! and your JJ maybe just raised x3 or all in for not pay anybody

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
congratulations friend, yonun pair as jj I lift a little bet I look at the flop and from there I decide that tqn high raise my bet again or what precautions should I take ...

S

Spripe

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey, I got a quick question, sorry if this is hijacking the thread but dont think its worth starting a new thread.

Anyway I'm currently in a 2.20 bounty builder on poker stars and i dont get how the money is divided up and here's why. 0.20 for commission then 1.00 for the bounty and 1.00 for placed prize money. simple so far. But when I knock someone out I get awarded 0.50 straight back in my account and only 0.25 added to my bounty so theres still 0.25 unaccounted for or I'm missing something (which probably means I shouldn't be playing online poker lol).

Either way if someone could explain this to me I would be very grateful.

It has to do with an update they did a few months ago. Before it displayed your goal bounty, now it displays what somebody would earn for knocking you out. So when you start the tourney you are worth $0.50 to knock out and $0.50 gets added to their total bounty which now becomes $1.50. So now knocking out that person gives $0.75 to the poker account and $0.75 added to their bounty. Hope that makes sense.

Jester36rus

Jester36rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bounty builder tourneys are for knockouts, so u have to play with wider range and to look at opps more attentive than usually. And so of course there will be luck or badbeats, but it needed to be controlled by u.