Bingo players, what we can do?

Kennemelo

Kennemelo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In micro tournaments, bingo players seem to be the keynote. Hundreds of them playing with any hand and, worst of all, winning hands from monsters. :(:(:(

Catching such players with a good hand is a real pleasure! The main thing is patience!

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We can be patient with ourselves and compassionate with bingo players.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I am of the opinion that there are no bad hands. The cards on the table will show how good your hand is. Any hand has a chance. it is not necessarily AK, AQ A10. Lower value cards are also good. Of course, playing with 2 10 different suits is not the case.
But personally, I have expanded for myself the range of hands with which I do coll. The flop will show.;)

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have to tighten up your range and position. Especially in early stages. Play a sound game. Raise when you should, play accordingly. You can’t really fault yourself if you play well and lose to suck outs. Be careful with no paint pocket pairs, they usually don’t hold well against your typical fish, unless you set.

A

Arnakk2424

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In micro tournaments, bingo players seem to be the keynote. Hundreds of them playing with any hand and, worst of all, winning hands from monsters. :(:(:(

What wrong ?
Those players are one of the main reason you can make money playing poker

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm like just you wait, my turn will come lol , especially what irks me is when they show the low hands they have to rub it in

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think these type of player are necessary in poker remember for them it's all about the fun of winning those type of hand that at the long run are not profitable... All we can do is play patient against them and wish the keep playing like that enough for us to make profit to win good chips and build a nice Stack to fight for a good piece of the prizepool or maybe a final table it's all about patience in poker :D but yes they are very annoying is normal xD

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just have patience, at one point this type of player will get busted by their own behavior, also its easy to spot one of those, once you do aim for his chips

Ilgiz

Ilgiz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In super turbo tournaments, many players go all-in on any map. There is only one way out, wait.

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need patience with the bingo player. I would agree you tighten up your starting hand range and do not bluff if they are all in by the flop. Most micro 'bingo' players will not change gears in any stage of MTT so you wait to have them spew chips to you.

WDStipa

WDStipa

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Yes, on micro MTT-s, and especially on freeroll MTT-s there are a lot of bingo players. Unfortunately we can't avoid them. I just got kicked out of a tournament by one of those. River card saved him.

They are usually active in the early stages of the tournaments. The majority of them don't reach to the advanced stage of the tournament if they continue to play like that. Luck can't be on their side for a long time. Bad moves are not always rewarded.

I know it's not a good feeling when you are kicked out from the tournament by a bingo player, but on the other hand bingo players are the opportunity to win chips fast and easy. Just don't be greedy, and take the right moves and you will profit from them. Of course, you can't always win.

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freeroll: I’m button with AKos, played tight first 30-40 hands or so. Blinds 50/ 100. I’m down to 3/4 of starting chips. My second real hand, of the tourney. Mp (very loose) raises to 250, one late p calls, (loose). I decide to reraise it half my stack. I pop it to 750. I put mid position on at best Ax suited. I put late call on small to mid pair. Well, mid position decides to 4 bet shove all in. Late caller calls the all in. Now at this point I can’t really fold. Well I could I guess. leaving me with 700. However I need to start building a stack or else its a lost cause. So I went for it. I call

Turns out mid position 4 bet shove villain had A4os, and caught the 4on the river. you can only do so much.

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it only costs a few bucks or even cents, you are def. going to get bingo players. Heck, I am one of them sometimes....;)

What to do about them, nothing. Just push through it and hope for a better outcome next time.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You just have to love those players at times. They can drive you nuts but they can make your day. Just had one who 3 bet jammed 80BB with 83o. I thank him so much for the play. My aces held up.

E

ender0713

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just have to love those players at times. They can drive you nuts but they can make your day. Just had one who 3 bet jammed 80BB with 83o. I thank him so much for the play. My aces held up.

Hahah yes, indubidubly! Only drives me nuts when I lose to a player with a hand like that early in Big Tournaments. But overall I love bingo players, bc we can just let ‘em get knocked out or dwindle their chips down before calling them in position with a hand above their range. :)

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When such a player comes across at the table, it is better to take a closer look.
In some cases, it's better not to play at all. Sometimes they win all the all-ins in a row and don't care what hand you have. Either you survive this, or you fly out. After a while they stop playing like that.
Apparently they know that their time of luck is up. Some consider them superusers, and some decoy-ducks.
If this is a regular bingo player, then usually he crashes after 2-10 minutes of the tournament.

alan222lomax

alan222lomax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Against these players there really isn't much you can do except continue making the right moves at the right times and eventually, things will go your way. ok you may go out to a bingo player with 9 3 off who hits running cards to scrape a flush you didn't have but that's just poker for ya. those fish can be dangerous because they know no better.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more you understand blind structure, starting hands and the odds of a hand combined with a little patience and understanding that they know absolutely NOTHING about playing and that's what they're showing you by shoving all in with nothing out there in blinds or antes with some silly hand or some drawing hand like AK AQ Ax whatever then you'll start to figure it out.

I like to make a note of it, categorize them as a certain type of player and move on. They usually don't last that long. If they suck out on you when you have a solid hand then it wasn't meant to be so rack it up as variance and move on to the next tourn.

Last edited:
andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WBH - wait for the best hand - Daniel Negreanu. Due to the huge variance, I quit playing tournaments and went into the cache. And I don't regret it at all.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What can be done in such a situation?
Slow down the game a bit and wait for your chance.:)

Whompus

Whompus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wait

We've all played with bingo players and know how frustrating it can be, but be patient and you can walk away with a fatter wallet. Luck only goes so far..