BetOnline "1-Up" SNG Question

BigSlickBaby

BigSlickBaby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick question for anyone who plays on BetOnline: The 1-Up SNG's on there are double or nothings. So, obviously, if it's a 6-max $3 1-up, 3 players net profit $3.00...they simply double their money.

I've played these games on three other networks now and on all of them, once the 4th player is eliminated, the game ends. The remaining three players are all getting the same reward. On BetOnline, they make the game play out until there is one person left as if it's a regular "last man standing" style tournament.

I both called and emailed customer support and the people I talked to had no idea what I was even referring to.

Anybody on here know why?

Thanks

BigSlickBaby

BigSlickBaby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
double or nothing is good game

I love it and it's been ridiculously profitable for me right away. Question still stands though: Why doesn't it stop when the last three are standing?

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi bsb, never played the don's on betonline and although it seems odd for the match to continue some other sites do this for various things as well.

On pokerstars for example the round1 freerolls that run all the time play out, top 72 might get a ticket to round2 in it but it still plays out. I think it does bring a method for players to be able to play to the end and improve on that part of their mtt games (although its usually a bunch of sitouts or just jamming allin).

Essentially knowing you got what you played for if you don't want to finish it out you can just sitout or open shove the hands if you wanna get it overwith. It is odd because it makes you wonder if you really got the ticket or the double up in your case, but could just that it follows a behind the scenes format as any other sng and thus looks to be finished up.

Good luck on them.

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also love playing the double up games at betonline. To answer your question i think BLUFFMEALLin has it right, in the fact that it gives the remaining players a chance to play it out for practice. I usually just shove all in right after the double up is confirmed.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well BSB, when I play the 1-up series on BOL it ends when 4 players are left. I play the 8 player not the 6 so that may be the difference so try and play an 8 player game and see if it is different.:D:D

RiversRage

RiversRage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play the 8 player double ups on BetOnline myself as soon as we get to final 4 the tourney stops..are you sure its a double up or is it a shorthanded 6 man table top 2 pay?

B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It "shuts off"
when it gets down
to 4 players.

J

jmh559

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play the 8 man 1UP sit n go's on bet online and the game always ends after the 5th player is eliminated. are you sure you're not confusing it with something else?

M

Mahsa dMo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play the 8 man 1UP sit n go's on bet online and the game always ends after the 5th player is eliminated. are you sure you're not confusing it with something else?

The question is from 2014. They fixed it now so no worries 😉