Best time to registrate in a tournament

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, how are u doing?
In Hyper tournaments i like to registrate in the first minutes of the late reg, so i can play more hands with 100 to 30bb efective
In turbos 1-30 first late reg minutes
Regular MTTs i preffer 30min-1 hour late reg
How about you?
Some advices about it two?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never register late on purpose. But if the alternative is to sit around and wait for new MTTs to begin, I might jump into some, that are already running, especially if they are in the low end of my buyin span. I really try to avoid late regging to KO tournaments though, since if you show up late for those, some of the price pool will already have been distributed. Not a big deal, if it was only running for a few minutes, and 95% of the players are still in the tournament. But it certainly matter, if you show up an hour late, when half the field was already eliminated.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm similar to Fundiver with this. If I'm already playing and a tourney I want to get in starts, I'm in from the beginning. But if I'm just starting my session I'm happy to late-reg some games, particularly if I can still get in with at least 50bb or so.

The PKO idea of being less inclined to late reg these games isn't something I had given a lot of thought to, but it definitely makes sense.

P

pcurley17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very interesting question.
too be honest never taught that time you register would help you.
However I still think it wont affect the outcome too much

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Usually when hyper tournaments I like to register from the beginning so I think I have a better chance of achieving something, I have friends who in this type of tournaments register almost in the last few minutes and do rebuys and add ons and everything (if the tournament has) and they arrive playing super aggressive. Now if the tournament has a lot of late registration time I like to register when there is half the registration time left

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that the success of a player, in the long run, does not depend on the time of registration in the tournament. It is better to improve your skills and not look for easy ways to make money.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think that the registration time is very dependent on your victory or passage to the prizes.I always try to register before the tournament starts if it's hyper or turbo.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will register a standard speed - low buyin tourney for my bankroll - anytime. Sometimes I will jump in at level 13 of 15 with only 15bb - if I'm bored and want to work on my short stack play.

I never late register for a hyper tourney - unless I have 50bb or more.

I never late register for any pko tourneys. I rarely play them anyway - so I'm not interested in being a short stack in a tourney players are incentivized to play wider ranges to bust short stacks.

As a side note - I looked up the word registrate. Thought that might be a new one I didn't know, but it is not. It is actually an old word coming from Middle English (Scots), Medieval Latin, meaning to register. :)

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me personally, it’s strange when someone deliberately starts playing a tournament from the late stage. Instead of trying to build up their MTT tournament bankroll during this time, they sit down to play with a meager amount of chips :hmmmm2:

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Entering an online tournament 1-2 hours after it starts, the player gets a significant advantage over his opponents – he enters the game fresh and unworked with a large number of hands played, which can improve the quality of his game.

Therefore, he will have to play much fewer hands before entering the prize zone, that is, theoretically, the probability of his losing before that will be lower. By quickly doubling once and then again, the player gets a very good chance of getting into the prize zone. But there is another side. The most obvious disadvantage of late entry into tournaments is a rather short stack, only 10-20 BB or even less. Because of this, the price of each mistake increases, and the player has little time to wait for a good hand and go all-in. It is not always possible to wait for this, and he has to go all-in with a not very strong hand – the blinds are already high and it is impossible to fold further.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, how are u doing?
In Hyper tournaments i like to registrate in the first minutes of the late reg, so i can play more hands with 100 to 30bb efective
In turbos 1-30 first late reg minutes
Regular MTTs i preffer 30min-1 hour late reg
How about you?
Some advices about it two?
If you’re really good at post-flop play, it’s worth the first moments. Obviously while everyone has a lot of big blinds, there’s more of that.

LadderingUp

LadderingUp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Halfway is always solid but depending on depth 3/4 thru can be nice