Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars $5000 Weekly Rewards Freeroll,

Question is, What time of the day is best to seat...?

Seems like a silly question but I've seen similar tournaments having three different seating times in a 12hour period...

I assume this is to cater for players round the world and those players who have limited hours to play.

But are there peek periods? Better times for Internet connection or even better results?

I've seen a chat box where one guy was suggesting to the other that a midafternoon game was better to enroll in than the evening one, I'd like to know the reasoning behind this suggestion...

Stop when the fun Stops or when you don't know what you're doing:eek::mad:

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm going to agree with Freddy and say play when you're freshest and it'll give you the best opportunity to win.

I love late night poker (11 pm est to 4 am) and find it easier to play in these than in the evening during weekdays.

Lots of loose, practical fun players on at that time.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i also like to play late at night like right now it is 2:36 am my time and i am waiting to play in a freeroll in 20 minutes

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
i have played it few times but only one time i got to the FT and it was the one that stars in 3pm ( euro time ). if it can help... i am not sure myself why thought ^^

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't think there would ever be a perfect time to play. I play at night as that's the only time I can play but those bigger events I would love to play I cant. So many of them play so long that I would have to go to work before I could finish the game if started at a convenient time for me. I think the best time for them is probably early afternoon but that's just me.

Xesh

Xesh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play in the morning, but always play in the evening

L

limaozinho

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in the morning or at dawn I think it's the best time.

Last edited:
badboydean00

badboydean00

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerstars $5000 Weekly Rewards Freeroll,

Seems like a silly question but I've seen similar tournaments having three different seating times in a 12hour period...

I assume this is to cater for players round the world and those players who have limited hours to play.

But are there peek periods? Better times for Internet connection or even better results?

I've seen a chat box where one guy was suggesting to the other that a midafternoon game was better to enroll in than the evening one, I'd like to know the reasoning behind this suggestion...

i like playing late night or early morning ...but as most sites are worldwide it does not really matter too much

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As we live in different parts of the world, the night of one is the day of others. Anyway, I love to play at night, it's quieter, when the noise of the city is falling, and you only stay with your thoughts.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Results I found...

First of three Tournaments 14:00WET of the PokerStars $5000 Weekly Rewards Freeroll, had 28,000+ plus players enrolled. (I missed the bubble and was placed 3389)

The Second tournament in that series 20:00WET amassed 29,000+ players...

The Third 02:00WET Sunday Morning I'm 10mins away from seating at the moment only has 6,000+ enrolls and another 45min lat registration...

60,000 Pokerstar weekly reward tickets for 3 x $5000 tournament go out each week... $10,000 weekly seems less packed with on average 3000+ players

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Stop when the fun stops or when the crowd is to packed to get in the door...

andi08

andi08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing late at night. Now I play on the weekend in the afternoon or in the week at prime time.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thats a good question due to global players everywhere.
No matter what someone will be entering at midnight while others are starting at noon and other various times around the world.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my opinion the best time is the wekend and the afternoon around 20h because it has more people who come back from their work and who connects to play.

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play whenever i can. But i dont like pressure around me. So my day need to be free. I think its possible to play against everybody. You just need to adapt your style.

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't seen the different times for the same MTT tournament, but I am sure it starts at the time that is based on their time zone. But for the MTT based on your time zone and daylight hours, is a cool idea.

I hate it when the tournaments that I look at on ACR all start at 1 am, 3 am and 6 am. I don't want to play poker at that time, I tend to get sleepy and I am not a spring chicken anymore.

Now for me in the freerolls, I like the ones that start in the 8-9am until 12 noon perhaps 1pm time for me. Reason they are not as full. I logged in to some and there were like 277 people max in there no more than 295 for sure, wait until 5 pm, 7pm or so there can be like 900-1000 in there if not more.

So that how I feel about the MTT start times.

Cash Ring Games, none of those jump off good unless its the $1/$2 or less, $.50/$1 $.25/$.50 or less.

I don't see any micro SNG they all seem to start at $1, I thought when I last checked.

B

bonanzaJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. My name is Jason O Rourke. I'm an Irish poker playing fanatic. In answer to your question about peak profit times. I find that from 12am onwards on a Friday or Saturday night can be deadly profit margins. You get a lot of drunk and emotional players in the same game as you. If you can spot them, your on a real winner. Also early morning tournaments. Lunatics don't bother with them. You'll find less buffers and a steadier stamp of player. And this can only be good for your game. Enjoy

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. My name is Jason O Rourke. I'm an Irish poker playing fanatic. In answer to your question about peak profit times. I find that from 12am onwards on a Friday or Saturday night can be deadly profit margins. You get a lot of drunk and emotional players in the same game as you. If you can spot them, your on a real winner. Also early morning tournaments. Lunatics don't bother with them. You'll find less buffers and a steadier stamp of player. And this can only be good for your game. Enjoy

Thank You Jason That's awesome info...

I

Igrok1385385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play early in the morning, when I was fresh, full of energy and a clear head. To play late at night is bad for me, because per day have any problems and by the evening the attention is not as good as in the morning or afternoon. And generally play well when you feel strength for the game

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think the best time to play poker every player should choose for themselves. You should sleep well before the game, feel good, have a good mood and be fully tuned to the game. How much time will be on the clock, the role does not play all depends on your internal state. If something bothers you, you cannot fully concentrate on the game and the result will not be good. If your opponents were professional players and earned poker for a living, they usually play all day long, so you can’t call the time when the field is weaker and when it is stronger in the poker room.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What is the best time to play?

In my opinion, it depends on the game, Mtt, sit go or cash, what you are playing and what your goal is.
In cash game, I prefer to play in the morning because I believe it is a schedule that has less regular players in the fild, I earn more at that time, it is already at dawn that there are more regular players, in my opinion.
To play Mtt, I prefer to play in the afternoon where there are more players, that's where I have a better chance of winning chips for recreational players and I think everyone agrees that the best day of the week is Sunday, where there are many recreational players.
Already in the sit go I do not notice much difference in playing at different times, I believe that in this type of game the schedule does not influence much in the profitability, in my opinion.:cool:

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best is in the night because in the morning many fish participate that go all in with any hand, at night there is a better level