Best Strategy for Rebuy Tournaments? What do you think?

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best strategy to play on rebuy tournament is to plan to make 3 rebuys (of course you need to have money for that), if your bankroll is 1000 USD play tournament of 10 USD.
Your strategy would be to play very aggressively on the start of the tournament, the goal is taking the maximum possible ships. If you lose, make your first rebuy and play again very aggressively, for the same goal. but you have to stop playing very aggressively when you triple up, in this case play a correct poker. If you lose again, make your second rebuy and play aggressively only with strong hands. If you lose make your last rebuy and play normal poker.
Believe me, with this strategy you will make a good result on this kind of tournaments.

Often, in this kind of tournament, it is allowed to make 3 rebuys and one add-on at the end of the first hour. As in the previous cases, I immediately enter the game and fold in order to be able to buy more chips and become the largest stack at the table. Then I play my usual game with the following modifications: - I go all-in preflop with any pair, if there was no raise before me. Or I accept any raise up to eight times the big blind. Otherwise, I fold. Going all in preflop with two picture cards unless I have a sixfold raise in front of me. Otherwise, I fold.
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
- Raise to 4x with any Ace if there was no raise in front of me. Otherwise, I fold. - I accept any Ax suited, unless the raise in front of you exceeds 50% of your stack. - If my chips are less than at the beginning of the tournament, I do a rebuy. - I accept bets easier if I still have the opportunity to make a rebuy or add-on. - I always evaluate the hand after the flop to decide whether to continue.
After the end of the rebuy period, you will have the opportunity to make an add-on. You should take this chance. The exceptions are when you have so many features that you don't need an add-on. If the add-on adds less than 10% of your stack, or if no one can reach you as the leader chip, then don't add-on. Conversely, if an add-on can make you the chip leader, or at least add more than 10% of your stack, then you should definitely take advantage of it. At the end of the rebuy / addon period, return to your regular tournament strategy.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
play o,ly the hands you need to play
no need to over play them

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i don't like to play rebuy tournaments because the game usually lasts too long. but I thank you for these advices and this strategy which could be useful to me if I choose one day to play on a rebuy tournament.

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I prefer a more conservative approach. For me, free buys or re-buys are just an extra challenge. I almost never re-buy unless I have multiple entry tickets to a tourney. In free-buys I never pay to play. I have won a live $20 re-buy tourney in Arizona way back in 2004 with only my original $20 buy in. There were only about 80-100 entries and 1st place was $980 I believe but it was still very satisfying. Lately I have won 2 online tourneys at ACR for the OTR free buy tourneys where the only pay out is 1st place for $15 +$1.50 ticket to the ACR Sunday weekly $50K re-buy tourney. Unfortunately I did not come close to cashing in the $50K tourneys but it sure was satisfying to win against 200-300 players in the OTR free buy without spending any $$. :)

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My strategy is to have double buy in as long as I want to play for the chance to accumulate most chips till add on. Then I will add on. The object is to have most chips so double buy in plus add on is a must.

FlushyFab

FlushyFab

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Best strategy is, make sure you aim and concentrate on the prey. One bullet is all it takes.

A

ayewayfilms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think rebuys depend on the high chip count and how badly you are playing...like why do u not have chips...anyway maybe a different tournament is worth more than a rebuy

B

Blue22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also don't care for multiple rebuy tournaments and generally prefer regular tournaments with one buy in. As discussed, people play crazy with multiple rebuys. If I play in a rebuy tournament I only rebuy if I think there is still a good chance to make a profit. No use rebuying when you are going to be super short stacked.

B

billiamwedge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to avoid rebuy tournaments but if I have to I only go in for 2 bullets max. Anything more and you're wasting money.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can generally afford to play a little looser at the beginning. Since you are able to re-buy, there is less reason to be risk-avers when playing. There is not a need to potentially sacrifice expected value just to stay in the tournament. If you do bust out, decision to re-buy is largely dependent on you circumstances. How tough are the players in the tournament? Do you think you will make more money in the tournament, or is there a more profitable ring game you can play?

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I generally stay clear of the re-buys as you find players with bigger bankrolls will push all-in, In early stages because they can afford to buy-in several times and they try to build a massive chip stack.
Once in a live game I had not realised it was a $50 re-buy and one guy at my table tried this strategy and bought in for 5 bullets after busting out each time. It is certainly no fun for players like me who only like to buy-in once, and try to build stacks slowly.

When the fun Stops STOP!