Best Strategy for Rebuy Tournaments? What do you think?

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree to the maximum, we have to wait for a good hand and store unnecessary always put everything so only the chips run out and the poker capital .. we have to wait for the good hand and then a little more aggressively later

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...why go in a rebuy if u are not going to...figure your possible cashes,wait for a favourable spot,go for it...gl all

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
light fishing I love those strategies because they never expect it and I play all in every hand

S

SoulMan87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think best strategy is to play it tight. Players which try to build a big stack playing very loose usually just buy more chips for opponents than they finally get. So just better to easly take their chips unless you unluckly lose.

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not playing yet this tournaments, but every situation is complicated and I think there is not just one way to do it

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each to there own but i hate yhe thought of wasting money rebuying. I try and play the same throughout. Probably where im going wrong ��

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually have a set amount of money I'm willing to spend on a tournament. This will include rebuys and any add-ons. It depends on the structure. I will rebuy out the gate if available start with a bigger stack.

W

WolfDieter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play mostly the same way, but at beginning I try to exploit those who just plays every fxxxxx hand, ...that's a special art, I am still beginning to understand.

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
try not to get sucked out on.... literally tourneys reward suck out donkeys.... at least in the short term....

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rebuy after rebay? A good strategy (no). It is better to play a normal Freezeout tournaments or PKO.

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play mostly the same way, but at beginning I try to exploit those who just plays every fxxxxx hand, ...that's a special art, I am still beginning to understand.

pretty much my tactic, except I go multiple games sometimes where I can't make a hand, all my draws brick, get into multi-pots and completely miss, defend my bb but get barrelled off small pairs or donked off them... the most annoying things ever, finally make a hand and get sucked out on, if you play well though you'll end with a 50%+ ROI, al though sharkscope says I have like 70-90%+ idk if its completely accurate for rebuy tourneys.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rebuy/add on tournaments are structured differently and because of this they should be treated as whatever the total cost for 1 bullet and an add on would be as far as BRM is concerned. Therefore, in an example - a $5.50 r/a tournanent should really be considered an $11 event - i think lots of players overlook this aspect. You should also intend on adding on almost always when you play these events because you get pretty close to 2x the chips for your add on price as you do for your initial buy in. The only time I tend to pass up the add on is if I am in the top 10 stacks heading into the add on break. Also as a personal strategy preference of mine, i try not to rebuy more than once at the top of my buy in range and no more than twice for anything I am well rolled for.

That being said, these tournament structures tend to go pretty quickly and your stack gets significantly smaller with every level increase -- i tend to play my normal strategy depending on my stack size - being comfortable on that 20-30bb stack is essential in rebuy tournaments because as things progress i feel it is the stack size you will spend 50%+ of the tournament with. Picking your spots well and playing a good solid fundamental strategy should have you doing well in these tournaments.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate unlimited rebuy tournaments, people tend to play junk and go nuts with 2nd or 3rd pair because their bankroll allows them to make well unlimited rebuys. The logic behind, I get more chips as possible because my rebuys are added to the prize and I will eventually make it to the ATM so, to hell with it.
Personally I stopped playing unlimited rebuy tournaments, I prefer MTT with a second entry and without addons, or one addon with less than 10BB. Except in extreme cases where Im down to less than 20BB, I rather not acquire an addon, because I trust my strategy and I consider it as a waste of good money.

K

kefapos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i prefer not to rebuy on tough tournaments , the competition is a major factor. Generally there are only few times i made a rebuy

O

orlando miguel rossler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker there is a saying to be able to win you have to know how to pass, I play them, I try to get to the addon and do it, otherwise I prefer to be eaten by the chips before a villain wins me with nothing because they play with stak and enter with garbage

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite strategy is to win 2 consecutive all ins or start again. Then I slow it down. Its just the way I do it. I will defintley go all in with suited 4, 5.

W

WHAKAORIORI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late registration say 10-15min left if bank roll is low . Hit a good hand and that’s a quadruple up 🤣 . Hopefully a big blind 68 clubs ha

Sakisdask

Sakisdask

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think better "if you can of course" to get Some chips with All-in early!!

Last edited:
jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a waste of money is what I think if u can't win without re buy then go to the next tournament I see people really buy in this freerolls don't make sense to me but some people like to give there money away I would be putting that money on sit go's must be nice to throw away your money

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like rebuy tournaments at all

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont much like rebuy tournaments...it makes the roi on a min cash much lower...

but if you are planning and budgeting on a rebuy, then get it in as early as possible when it is worth more bbs than later. Try and get an early double up without the rebuy with speculative hands as well as premium. heee hawwww :) and if ya win and double or treble up early doors, you wont need the rebuy...hopefully :)

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont like multi rebuys tournaments because it gives a chance to deep pockets to win it.I rather play max 1 rebuy +1 add on ,knowing if I play my A game I can do good

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The problem with rebuy tournaments is, that there is a lot of harakiri while the mainrebuy phase...when u stand out that phase without taken so many rebuys and u reach a add on than u can play it as a normal tourney...My strategy is SURVIVE ;)