Best Strategy for Rebuy Tournaments? What do you think?

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best strategy to play on rebuy tournament is to plan to make 3 rebuys (of course you need to have money for that), if your bankroll is 1000 USD play tournament of 10 USD.
Your strategy would be to play very aggressively on the start of the tournament, the goal is taking the maximum possible ships. If you lose, make your first rebuy and play again very aggressively, for the same goal. but you have to stop playing very aggressively when you triple up, in this case play a correct poker. If you lose again, make your second rebuy and play aggressively only with strong hands. If you lose make your last rebuy and play normal poker.
Believe me, with this strategy you will make a good result on this kind of tournaments.

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know man. I am quite new to this but I think everything is situational. If everyone at the table is being aggressive (which is very common at the beginning of tournaments) then it seems to me that it is better to be a little more conservative.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait here was even late registration in 10$ tournaments?Oh no.Appreciate your effort for configuring this strategy i understand what is the purpose but let's say you play 10 of these tournaments in 5 days and every time your first two re-buys when you play aggressively don't pay off and you are forced to re-buy every time for the third time. Doesn't that put you in a tough spot?

danix

danix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play safe and enjoy the favorable spots.

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strategy in rebuys for me is never do rebuys except you bust out in most beginning in first few hands with some bad beat than I will think of re-enter otherwise if I'm out I'm out no need spend more money there won't pay off in long run

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before you rebuy you should look at the amount of big blings you would get if you do it. If it is a number you are confortable with then rebuy, else don't rebuy/re-entry

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think, you should adjust your strategy all that much, just because its a rebuy tournament. Online there is always another tournament around the corner, so there is usually no lost opportunity in busting in tournaments, that dont allow rebuy. Also its basic ICM, that having twice as many chips dont dubble your EV, so there is no justification for "gambling" to try and build a big stack via rebuys.

For me I play just the same way, as I do in other tournaments. If I bust, I will look at, how large the average stack has become, but also how good my table is. If its a good table, its usually worth firing another bullet, especially if the player, that busted me, is bad.

Fish and (many) chips on the table is very much +EV in tournaments, so do some table selection, like you would in cash games. Dont get emotionally involved though and try to "get back at him", because then you might just lose another buyin.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can stick to this strategy if it brings you results. My strategy is to get others to play aggressively and get them to rebuy.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rebuys can destroy your bankroll if you're not careful. I tend to stay away unless I see a great spot to late reg and addon when there aren't many people left.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rebuys can destroy your bankroll if you're not careful. I tend to stay away unless I see a great spot to late reg and addon when there aren't many people left.

If you registrate to a R+A event, you need to assume, that you are going to purchase at least the add-on and probably also a rebuy, so that a 1,5$ event is actually a 4,5$ event. So if your bankroll management is 100 x the buyin, you need 450$ to play a 1,5$ R+A, while 150$ is enough to play a regular 1,5$ MTT. As long as you respect this, I think, R+A tournaments can be great fun and great value. Some players dont purchase the add-on, so already there you can gain an edge on them.

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like R tournaments because it helps to upgrade my skill. I never make R and make A very rarely. But I want to say that I made R+A a lot and doubling by all-in the doubled by R bank and to make the A gives a huge advantage. I got a lot of 1st plases doing R till I win the coinflip and A after that. If your skill is low never play R tournaments if it's freeroll never make R+A(maybe smetimes when it's rly necessary) it's an unprofitable strategy because good players will win bought by you chips!
PS I even won without any R and A the R tournament where is starting chips are 2500 and 2xR gives 200k and A gives 1KK I felt myself like a champion :D

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In these kind of tournaments I also try to make as many chips as possible at the beginnig. Even if I lose the stack until the rebuy period ends, I can shoot another bullet. :flute:

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the very beginning I play carefully, aggressive players give me chips themselves. I never make an add-on, even if there are few chips, money down the drain.If luck is on your side, you can spin up with a small amount of chips:rolleyes:

eurosTotnd

eurosTotnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i prefer to play super tight on the begining since most players think about this 2nd chance and dont hesitate to go all in on worst spots

juliannorei

juliannorei

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you have no information of the players have to be conservative ....

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i agree

on Sundays where you can rebuy a lot i think its just fair to play aggressive and lose and take flips often! to get a heads start and then play solid after that, it usually works well in those cases . So i agree on this but only on the first double up.

juliannorei

juliannorei

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on Sundays where you can rebuy a lot i think its just fair to play aggressive and lose and take flips often! to get a heads start and then play solid after that, it usually works well in those cases . So i agree on this but only on the first double up.

I agree with you, but I give only a buy if it fails it would rather enter another tournament

kingleo720

kingleo720

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont laick rebay turnamet,bat wen i pley i have only wan strategy,pley agresive to start turnament and maxs 3 rebay,if i lost stek after 3 rebay i leave the turnament,no moor rebay.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have very small bankroll and I make very often mistakes or I'll have some tilt because of them , so I prefer not rebuying , cause it would be disastrous for my bankroll :)

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since it is a re-entry tournament, you can play more aggressive and expand your range of hands, if you can eliminate re-buy a ticket.

macha2003

macha2003

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best strategy to play on rebuy tournament is to plan to make 3 rebuys (of course you need to have money for that), if your bankroll is 1000 USD play tournament of 10 USD.
Your strategy would be to play very aggressively on the start of the tournament, the goal is taking the maximum possible ships. If you lose, make your first rebuy and play again very aggressively, for the same goal. but you have to stop playing very aggressively when you triple up, in this case play a correct poker. If you lose again, make your second rebuy and play aggressively only with strong hands. If you lose make your last rebuy and play normal poker.
Believe me, with this strategy you will make a good result on this kind of tournaments.

I don't rebuy if I lost early. After that blinds are big so no need to spend money to same tourney. There are plenty :)

777jeton777

777jeton777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the rebuy tournament I play 0.50-1 $ I sit down as late as possible. so as not to make unnecessary rebuys. and I’m waiting for a strong hand if the situation immediately allows Alin to go. In such tournaments, people easily respond to Alin. but without bigotry it’s reasonable not so aggressively but cruelly. and in strategy I don’t believe poker is a situation.:confused:

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would suggest playing super tight at the beginning of a rebuy tourney, considering that everyone is going to be all-in all the time. Just be patient, wait for a big hand and punish those kinds of players. Then, if you have a bigger stack, you can play more aggressively later on.