Best Hud stats for MTT SNG'S?

C

Chuck651

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone i was wondering if i could get some opinions on what HUD stats you guys use for MTT SNG'S. I currently play the 45-man's on Stars. Let me know what you think.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PT3

You have the big 4 - hands, VPIP, PFR, Total AF

Then add from there. It really depends on the volume you put in how much more you want to add. I know for me that I don't have enough volume or see enough regs to make any of the other stats really useful but here is what else I have anyway

Cbet flop, Cbet turn, Call Flop Cbet
Fold BB to steal, Att to steal, WTSD % when bet or raise preflop

MrEpic94

MrEpic94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PT3

You have the big 4 - Hands, VPIP, PFR, Total AF

Then add from there. It really depends on the volume you put in how much more you want to add. I know for me that I don't have enough volume or see enough regs to make any of the other stats really useful but here is what else I have anyway

Those are a pretty good selection to start off with. May take a while to get used to that number of stats for a multitabler, but I am going to try :)

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Personally, I use: VP$IP, Fold %, PFR, FL c-bet%. for 9-45plr SNG.

In a large MTT (300+) where I am moving tables constantly, I pare it back to VP$IP, PFR, Fold% until I get near the money bubble, then add any more as I think are needed such as Total AF, and Att to Steal.

I find that using any more just cluters up the tables while I multi-table. Also, unless you have many hands on these players, any more stats are virtually useless/skewed, and may lead to fancy play syndrom.

Last edited:
crancko

crancko

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I use: VP$IP, Fold %, PFR, FL c-bet%. for 9-45plr SNG.

In a large MTT (300+) where I am moving tables constantly, I pare it back to VP$IP, PFR, Fold% until I get near the money bubble, then add any more as I think are needed such as Total AF, and Att to Steal.

I find that using any more just cluters up the tables while I multi-table. Also, unless you have many hands on these players, any more stats are virtually useless/skewed, and may lead to fancy play syndrom.

Thanks! One of my HEM mistakes is overloading on data. I'll grab your setup asap.

C

Chuck651

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry for the late reply guys. Right now i am running Vpip/PFR/Call Open/Limp/Fold to Cbet Flop/C bet flop. To be honest i mostly just look at Vpip and PFR. I put the limp total on there to see the how much people were limping so i don't get trapped by aces or kings late game if i do decide to shove over a high-blind limper. Also could someone tell me what exactly Aggression Factor is? I hear about it so much yet i still do not really understand it. Thanks guys.

ManicLombax

ManicLombax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agression Factor (AF) is (bets + raises) / calls. So if you bet and raise more than you call your AF will be more than 1. I'm a pretty tight/aggressive player, and my AF is at about 2.8.

There's also Agression Frequency (AFq). This is pretty similar, just calculated differently: ((bets + raises) / (bets + raises + calls + folds)). So basically a percentage of aggressive actions taken out of all actions total. My AFq is at about 46%.

So I think looking at my AF and AFq you might interpret that I'm a fairly aggressive player, but the somewhat high AF and lower AFq might mean I'd rather just fold than call. Notice that AF doesn't include folds anywhere.

On my HUD I just use VPIP/PFR/AFq, and then I click on it for all the other stuff if I need to find something else, which is pretty rare. Playing at my level I rarely see the same person twice so most of the other stats can get pretty skewed.

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PT3

You have the big 4 - Hands, VPIP, PFR, Total AF

LOL Jilly, for some reason I thought you were Asian! lol. I think my mind processed Jillychemung as Jilly Cheung. Who knows! Not like it ever mattered. I think the picture just caught my attention.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My avatar is a picture of our dear departed Buckster.

For posterity since I will change my avatar, here is what it was.

Attachments

• Buck.jpg
    Buck.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 134
MrEpic94

MrEpic94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agression Factor (AF) is (bets + raises) / calls. So if you bet and raise more than you call your AF will be more than 1. I'm a pretty tight/aggressive player, and my AF is at about 2.8.

There's also Agression Frequency (AFq). This is pretty similar, just calculated differently: ((bets + raises) / (bets + raises + calls + folds)). So basically a percentage of aggressive actions taken out of all actions total. My AFq is at about 46%.

So I think looking at my AF and AFq you might interpret that I'm a fairly aggressive player, but the somewhat high AF and lower AFq might mean I'd rather just fold than call. Notice that AF doesn't include folds anywhere.

On my HUD I just use VPIP/PFR/AFq, and then I click on it for all the other stuff if I need to find something else, which is pretty rare. Playing at my level I rarely see the same person twice so most of the other stats can get pretty skewed.

these two stats are probably the most vavluable, especially AFq in tournaments. As it really helps in deciding to call/raise continuation bet etc. Basically gives you a great idea on the pasivity of your opponen.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The c-betting one's arn't overly useful i don't think. Players c-bet these days, a lot, so we don't need to get carried away with too much postflop stuff.

These things are mostly making profitble shoves and re-steals late game, so we include things to help our decision making there, which happens to be preflop things.

So, the most useful ones i think are as follows

VPIP/PFR/3BET/AF/#of Hands
Fold to steal, raise vs steal

You can also include steal % from the CO, Button, SB. But you need a lot of data before they mean anything. Don't think you need too much more than that.

C

Chuck651

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wizzim- I agree with you about the C-betting ones in tournaments i find them usefull at cash games but i can't think of one instance where i used them in a tournament lol. Anyways, I think i'll add the Agression factor, but do you think limp% will also still be a usefull stat to have for late in the tourney just so i know who i can resteal with a wider range vs. who is trying to trap with a monster?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wizzim- I agree with you about the C-betting ones in tournaments i find them usefull at cash games but i can't think of one instance where i used them in a tournament lol. Anyways, I think i'll add the Agression factor, but do you think limp% will also still be a usefull stat to have for late in the tourney just so i know who i can resteal with a wider range vs. who is trying to trap with a monster?

That's what your VPIP is for.

If there is a large gap between VPIP and PFR, then he is limping, or calling raising a lot of the time, the limp% is just wasted room on you're HUD.

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
these two stats are probably the most vavluable, especially AFq in tournaments. As it really helps in deciding to call/raise continuation bet etc. Basically gives you a great idea on the pasivity of your opponen.
I'm assuming that AFq is what HEM refers to as Agg pct ?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards