Bankroll Management

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play tournaments, I have $300 to play with and would like to know what buy-ins I should be looking at. No bounty T's . I prefer knockout but that is almost unreal to find.

So if you have the time please let me know for other tournaments. Such as rebuy, re-enter and late register and etc.

Thanks for your help.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everybody has there own style of bankroll management. With $300 that is a good and healthy bankroll to play multiple $10 type tournaments and try to build up. If you plan on going up to $25 buy-in tournaments or a tad bit more make sure you limit your re-buys and at least have a 3 strike rule rebuy or else you can abuse your limit and bankroll.

Bankroll management is the key to success in making lots of money in poker. If you utilize zen master discipline in your BRM you have very very high chance of success of making money in this game. Good luck at the tables. :)

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, I have a few ideas...

I only play tournaments, I have $300 to play with and would like to know what buy-ins I should be looking at. No bounty T's . I prefer knockout but that is almost unreal to find.

So if you have the time please let me know for other tournaments. Such as rebuy, re-enter and late register and etc.

Thanks for your help.

#1 The CardsChat $3.30 Sunday $100 Added Game is the best and fits the BankRoll
#2 If you are not on Twitch you should check that out. Several ACR Streamers on there including CardsChat's Own RibbyBruno on Wednesday's...Great Fun Time and lot's of giveaways to add to the bankroll... Just search for Ribby... to see what I am referring to...he has threads here....

Best of Luck Wagon, and would love to see you on Ribby's stream on Wednesday Nights for the CC ACR FreeRoll...

Take Care,

Teddy

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't agree that you can play up to 10-25$ buy-in with 300$ BR.. Only if you can renew your BR with your credit/debit card with no problem. Otherwise, stick to 100 BI rule at least.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thanks for your help.
I apologize, maybe I misunderstood your question, so I will answer as I understood) Bankroll management for multi-table tournaments, given how varied this type of game is, should be very conservative. Conservativeness means that you have at least 100 buy-ins for the tournaments you plan to participate in, and this is the minimum. But I would recommend at least 200 buyins !!! The best platform is undoubtedly pokerstars and there you can find knockout tournaments or any other that you like. It should be taken into account that re-buy tournaments, namely the buy-in cost in such a tournament is buy-in + re-buy + addon. Regarding re-entry tournaments, I would not advise you to enter again, since the mathematical expectation decreases quite significantly, unless you lost the first game stack at the first level of the blinds. Late registration also greatly reduces the mathematical expectation of the tournament. This bankroll management will allow you to successfully manage your money, but also remember that if you play tournaments with a turbo or hyper turbo structure, then the number of buy-ins in your BR should be much higher, unlike if you were playing tournaments with a regular structure of blinds. ... Well, it is obligatory to play freerolls, since ROI is significantly higher due to them.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thanks for your help.

The tourneys what i play nowadays (and could be playable for you, too), more likely unavailable for you - based on the Texas flag, i guess, you are from US. Don't play anymore on US players allowed sites - very rarely -, but 1-2 years ago on WPN i have tried the multi sNG, on demand tourneys, mostly because there is a leaderboard. it was okay, made some +, and got lb $, just had better options then, so didnt force it for long term.

It is not that much different than tourneys, especially if you play turbo tourneys.

Depends on how much time you have, from that amount it can be a good pick, just checked it out, again, it is still in the same system. Also 9max, turbo - i prefer 9max, and i am okay with turbo -, don't know if it fits for you or not. Back in time, it had a really easy field, player pool, played the 3$, 6$, 15$ ones, usually around 40-50 players, weekends sometimes more, a tourney till the end max 2 hours. (the 15$ has less players, but stronger field, didnt play lot from that, anyway out your range.) Unfortunately there were real traffic only in US peak hours....

If you play weekly (from Saturday till Friday, because of leaderboard) 90-100 from them on 6$ buyins basically you get back the fees, (50$ for 1st ladder of leaderboard + 6-20$ based on their reward program, depends on what level you are) Check it out on their site, if you haven't yet.

Maybe the 300$ bankroll is a bit risky for that, the double would be ideal, or try to play 180-200 on demand on 3$, but it takes too much time, i suppose. (Even play it on the 6$ level took 5 days for me, played 8-9 hours everyday. Made rebuys max 1 time/tourney (the rebuy counts in the leaderboard), if it was on the 1st or 2nd blind level in late reg.) Depends on how you like that, how does it fit for you, i guess if you play more tight, focus for reaching ITMs as often as you can and LB$ instead of top3, winning the msngs from the start, it can be okay with 300$, too, as it has small fields, lower variance.

If you try, i recommend not to play anything else except NLH, not even the PKO versions - thats giving less LB points.

Except that, i can't really name any good ones for US players from that amount, there are only 2-3 left on WPN micro level what can be worthy in my opinion, the few turbos with small gtd, US afternoon time. (i got fed up with the long late regs, insane structures, small gtds combinations there, so cannot really recommend anything else...)

maybe there is something on chico rooms, didnt check that since long months....

About BI, i agree more or less with this guy. Based on it, you could play only very micro 1$ and less BI tourneys, an other reason why the small field Multisng, on demand can be a good solution, it lowers the variance, and let you play in higher BI level. He doesnt go with the mainstream things in plenty side of poker, but he is pretty transparent about his +/- and it works for him:

Create your own rules!

GL!

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Thanks for your help.

I always play tournaments at the maximum of 1% of my bankroll and works for me.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management