At what point do you start playing aggressive?

M

MarjoAdalem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I also play tight early in a tournament, though i play pairs if the amount is small. If i find myself with less than 15BB i wait til i get any pair or AK,AQ then go all in. But you still have to take into account your position and the player who may still call. You can also have an Idea of what your opponent hand is by looking at the way he bets, when he started betting and how much he is betting.

nelo80

nelo80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the 10 bbs, not a matter of being aggressive or not, depends also from the point that the tournament this almost itm or lack much, and for what purpose you play, if only to get the quiet itm, if you play to win or ft have to play without stress and preferably with position is the best ... I think that

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand no one became a pro by night but this kind of questions are asked daily and the answer is always the same: It depends! There are lots of factors involved for it and I'm sure someone already write it down some tips, but poker is not only a game based on rules, sometimes You need to risk, sometimes not and that's all about it. Each person that is interested about poker will learn this rules, so that's why are not something that We should count very much.

9peso

9peso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When a tournament begins, many players are wondering about being in payment places. So when you play agressive and give all-in with A, K, Q on hand, it's 60-70% chance of win and probably 80% of players don't check this, even if they have A,(2-9) on hand because they'll scare. It's good tactic because BB and SB rise quickly and you double your stack in 3 min.

Malkav

Malkav

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start off strong double, triple up and then chill untill the bubble starts to roll around

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes when i play a tournament my stack just keeps getting smaller just because I have to fold a lot of hands pre flop and after the flop. Then when the blinds get bigger it gets even worse. Then when i have 6-8 BB left I start bluffing a little more to give me some more time to get a better hand. But when is the best time to try to get yourself out of this. Most of the time i don't get knocked out by losing an all in but by slowly losing a bit each time. Can someone help me?

It sounds a lot like you are playing loose passive. Don't limp too often. If its not good enough to raise then you should fold. Don't min raise pre either. You should raise to 3bb pre if you're going to raise. Don't play early position. Learn when and when not to cbet

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is my way to play it if I get in your situation. And believe me, I've been there more times than I care to count. I wait as long as I can to make a move, and it's when I get the best hand I've seen in forever. Then I shove and go down fighting. As I have found out, that move needs to be when you have enough chips left to give you a pretty good stack if you get a few calls and win the hand. My rule is to never blind out. GL to you

S

Sobrosa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that there is no magic formula for this response, when you naturally know the time to be aggressive is a sign that you have become a better player.

L

Lance Webster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I' m aggressive from hand 1 the aggressive player wins the game don't forget about that:joyman: :cool:

F

Filyaga

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm starting to be aggressive when my big stack and I think it's my error

zubastik

zubastik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aggressive play is always saved me , because if you get to the middle card in Allyn, as a rule, against the 1.2 players , the pot odds are about equal , but I can tell you for sure that it is better to play aggressively lucky

S

stevenparker91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for time it depends on your style, stack size, and table dynamics. For example, I play a lot of the ACR freerolls and people at the beginning will shove with any two cards trying to get lucky and gain an early lead. I play very tight to begin and as my stack grows I open my ranges. If you notice the guys at your table are being picky or checking all the way through a lot then that may be the time to start being the aggressor (stay cautious though). I try not to pick a time to be aggressive, rather keep an eye on what my opponents are doing, and counter how they are playing