At an aggressive table what's the best way to play?

lalinha

lalinha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I got into a table where most players just raise high and always go all-in on most plays and the vast majority are bluffs. How to play in this case? Expect premium cards and go all-in preflop? What would you do?

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My strategy is to ply opposite of the table. You have it figured out, I do what you suggested, I wait for good hands and then play aggressive. If I pick up a high pair in early position I will limp, let the rest of the table go wild and then shove when it gets back to me.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I got into a table where most players just raise high and always go all-in on most plays and the vast majority are bluffs. How to play in this case? Expect premium cards and go all-in preflop? What would you do?
Hi:)
The most important thing is that you do not rush or get upset, and also do not care about the winning hands that you will have to fold, try to convince them that you not bluffing them, then you will see respect on their part, use the skill of the submarine with strong hands only.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If it is a cash game, it's almost like playing shortstacked at a different stake level. If you're not comfortable with it, choose another table.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play very tight at such tables !!! and when you hit something good dont be scared to bet aggressively !!!

also position is VERY important . you want to have position on an aggressive player / players as much as possible . therefore be even tighter in the early and even mid positions .

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Wait for strong hands. Then play them hard.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This will usually happen in freeroll tournaments, especially at the beginning of the tournament, in the first few hands.
If you fall on an aggressive table, it's no use wanting to invent, the villains will pay with everything, the thing is to have patience and wait for a strong hand and try to win as many chips as possible and hope not to take any bed beat.
Trying to double your chips is your goal in a situation like this, so play it cool, be patient and don't try to confront these villains, or bluff, usually at tables like this it's hard to pass.
Good luck to you at the tables.;)(y)

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
It's best to play with a good hand if something goes okay if they can't decide which cards you have in your hand. Moving all in with a low card is a mediocre idea, but when the players are hitting high there is always the possibility that you will make a hand that is stronger. It is then more of a lottery game and the players always beating this way, sooner or later they lose.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this case, I am waiting for a good hand to enter the game and punish the aggressive players. With a good hand in early position, you can make a small raise and wait for a reraise from the aggressors.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you just need to get into the flop to begin with and if the table is aggressive, you will snatch a good jackpot, I never feel discomfort at such tables, there are high stakes here and you need to accept the rules of the table and not play passively, you will not be lucky, so be it, playing passively we have also never been insured that we will not lose

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in that case you must to look the SPR.

If it's low then play more hands and bet more on posflop

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
What I do is wait for good hands and then place my bet or raise yours.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I'm just patiently waiting for a good situation, for strong cards. I don't play with junk, and I only take risks when there are appropriate reasons for it.

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As most people have mentioned be patient, have position and play your cards. I love it when I am in this situation and can just wait it out. Occasionally I may need to limp in on a few hands just to show that I am playing then fold when they go over the top...... just setting it up for when I do get a playable hand....... Then I will let THEM do the raising/all in move and they will think I am just going to fold anyway like the previous few times I limped in.... But of course this can and will lead to some bad beats, but that's the game.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trap them, use their weakness against them. Aggressive players just cannot help themselves. Check/Call, let them bluff their chips away.
Tighten up especially with aggressive players on your left.
Play them at their own game, bluff- re-raise them. Don't let them push you around, playing this way does take a lot of courage and experience.

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in these situations, wait for premium hands and high pairs, If you pick up a high pair in early position you limp, let the rest of the table go wild and then shove when it gets back to you.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trap more with strong hands on boards that favour your oppenents range.

Let them bluff and pay you off.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Hmmm i have been there i played the strong hands but to aggressive table you have play in the late position to gain some chips

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play for value.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a tight-aggressive style is fine for this table, but be ready for anything preflop with a premium hand

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mostly TAG, but in poker very often you have to play by your gut.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Play with a rank and of course when you have very good hands play aggressively