Ask Ryan Laplante About Tournaments

Flyair

Flyair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, what's the difference in strategy between regular structure tournaments and knockouts?
Hello. The difference is greed. In a discipline with knockouts, the ability to quickly profit from easy little money pushes players to desperate action. The range of the hands increases. The bet on luck comes to the fore.

Z

Zenica

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good evening I can not find passwords for tourmanents

K

KzooLee24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Ryan

Hey Ryan,

Do you think strategically its best to register for a tournament right away? Or register right before it closes?

EdMikeBrasil

EdMikeBrasil

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
How to avoid Tilt

I find this happening all to often. I raise and a particular player goes all in pre flop, so I fold. Then this dance continues and I will fold my KJ's, K10's, A10´s, until I get frustrated and call. It's almost inevitable that the player beats me. Weather I have the superior hand and this person sucks out or I'll call and he will have AA to my A1O. Should I be calling earlier or not raise at all an wait for someone else to call him.

Chone2929

Chone2929

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Over the past week ive been running pretty solid in my tourneys and making a ton of final tables. Only thing is in the past 7 Final tables this week I have come in 2nd once 3rd four times and 4th twice. Its messing with me that I cant get any wins during this stretch. Like I know I'm playing well but something happens and poof so close to the bigger cash. What mindset do you have when you get down to the final 4 or 5? Or just any tip you wanna share thanks

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi ryan!!!! :ciao:

please can you explain how to use, as well of the value of pot odds
in a tournament hand play
seems they more applicable to cash games?
thank you ryan

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
hello ryan first of all I want to tell you how great it is that you sacrifice your time for us. My problem is that I don't like to play with junk hands. i mostly try to wait for a couple of playable hands and sometimes no one comes lol. So when, after I don't know how many hands, I have folded my hands, I'm usually the smallest at the table, of course. And then I get to the point where I have to go allin because I don't have enough chips in hand. And yes, sometimes I also have a little luck in these unhappy times. I think I am in a streak of bad luck and I also believe that this will also be over and I just have to wait until it is over again. But so that I don't use your time for nothing. When do I have to go allin? I actually always have the hope that it will come in the next hand. And i know that some people would say i have to play more aggressively but i have already tested everything i'm just out of the tournament earlier. That's why I'm only playing freerols at the moment. it is very unlikely for me that I will start to tilt but if I start then rather something that has cost me nothing

konatus

konatus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is a loose aggressive player?
How to become one?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey everyone - I should have posted in here a while back. Ryan is super busy with his website and playing poker and does not have time to visit this thread for now.

Thanks for all the questions!

G

Gswizel83

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournaments?

What sites have the best tournaments?

M

Mr BUBA7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Ryan! I have been playing for a long time on PS since 2013. me all the time with the support of resources, but I really want to start, start playing. be interested in the issue of bankroll management, where to start, how to properly climb to the top.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hi Ryan
Considering that you are a great Omaha player, and considering that I consider myself a better player of Omaha than of Holdem or other games, although my experience in Omaha has helped me a lot to improve my Holdem game, especially when it comes to looking for nuts, my question is the following.
Do you think I should progress and continue to solidify myself in the Omaha game??? or follow the two games Omaha and Holdem and look for variants that make my game grow???
Thank you. A hug. Carlos from argentina;););) (y) (y) (y) (y)

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello everyone, I should have posted here a while ago. Ryan is very busy with his website and playing poker and doesn't have time to visit this thread for now.

Thanks for all the questions!
Thanks Debi, I asked Ryan a question but I hadn't seen your previous message.
I hope when you are free you read it if possible I am interested in your answer
Regards. carlos