Is anyone playing Spins or Twisters, etc. (3-plyr. SS SNG)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Is anyone playing these for any sort of volume?
What expected winrate could a competent player hope to have in these? (roi+1% ? more? less?)

Is collusion rampant in them at the mid to higher buyins? (I heard some members mention something about them in a thread on CC).

I'm just curious as I've never invested any time in these... have only played a small number of them during some promos in the past. I'd assume that this format attracts a lot of bad players.

Anyone playing them? What sort of volume?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Nobody plays them? But I see members asking for stakes in them.... :confused:

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do people play spins? It's barely profitable and you're playing against 2 people to win double your money usually. Better playing heads up I'd say.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've tried it before, but like the above post said, it doesn't make a ton of sense. I just wanted to see what it was like, but it's basically an easy way for the site to make money while you get 3 way for double your money. Might as well just do heads up.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Why do people play spins? It's barely profitable and you're playing against 2 people to win double your money usually. Better playing heads up I'd say.

And that's why there's stables for regs. playing in them???

You can't calculate it as 'usually only win double your money' because obviously we're talking about volume here.

You haven't really answered any of the questions. I believe it's safe to assume you don't have experience then... right?:confused:

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last edited:
Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cant answer your questions since I play micro spin n gos mostly for fun. The competition is extremely soft and the timing tells they give feels almost like a cheat. The thing is variance is no fun and with all the rake even if you hit big multipliers you are probably just break even. My advice is just dont do it. After a couple of bad beats where you play perfectly and lost a good amount of money, you will understand that there are better alternatives to invest your money and time.

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the profitability in spins come from the fishiness of the player pool. It's really variance heavy so you need to be very bankrolled for it

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played some (probably 200 or so from $2 to $30) of these on global poker, as I think they are the only sngs they have with no rake (?). My experience is they are easily beatable (couldn't really guess at roi) at the lower levels, but are very swingy as well so make sure you have a big enough br before moving up in stakes. As far as collusion, I did notice quite a few regs but I didn't see anything that seemed suspect at all, and with only the top spot paying I really don't understand how or why people would try this.

I was also very surprised at how many I played that were higher than the standard 2x buyin. I got lots of 4x, and 6x, also a few 10x and 1 20x- just gotta pray you run good in the higher jackpot ones.

I like these games because you can put in a ton of volume in a short time, it's like crack on a poker table but like crack it can get hella expensive.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Stable doesn't mean most profitable. I do have experience. Sportsbetting Windfall, Bovada's/Ignition's Jackpot, ACR Jackpots. And like I said, it's better to play heads up, other sit n gos, because it's the most profitable and less variance route.

Here's a link to answer all your questions. https://www.pokerlistings.com/how-to-make-a-profit-playing-spin-and-gos-a-statistical-deep-dive

Good article. Thanks for posting the link.

Yah.. I'm just curious. It seems obvious that it's attracting most of the recreational fish these days.
Personally I 'was' a sng player many years ago & mostly MTT but for the past 5yrs. it's been strictly cash games. (but on the weekend I'll add in some micro & low stakes MTT's $5 to $22's when I think I have the patience for them).

I was just wondering if the Spins would be worth spending any time on. I don't particularly like the format but I do like finding weak players on the tables.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
Stay away from spins, youll lose your bankroll quickly :)

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in them when I'm in the mood. There's two reasons why.

1. When the pot is only 2x entry then the regulars just don't care and you can catch them sleeping.
  2. When the pot is big, people are so scared of losing you take advantage with a bit of aggression.
I usually win about 2 out of 3 of them, but my problem is I win a few $2 and go straight to $10 or $25 and bust out whatever I won.

RakeFace

RakeFace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played spins on my own from 1€ to a level of taking shots at 10€/15$ games in few months. They are super profitable when you know what you are doing. I had around 77cEv/tourney at 5€ games with 42% or so ITM.

Oh i started them for the first time inn 2015 fresh of the shop and made more than 1k€ profit in few months with only few 10× games banked. Hit one 100x but didnt win it. Used moneys to gun for mtt career but health coulndt take the long nights with no sleep thus back to spins.

In order to go thru ranks faster I just stabled up to get tons of great coaching materiel. Haterz gonna hate but the HS guys are making steady 6figures a year.

No profit in spins..just tons of fish and few sharks..steer away if you want to make it big. More moneys for us.

Also variance is miniscule compared to say big field MTTs..so yea.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only 3 times... but spin never help me... just 2 entry values. Dont believe that some day this tournament could pay more than 5 entry value, then i stopped

RakeFace

RakeFace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in them when I'm in the mood. There's two reasons why.
  1. When the pot is only 2x entry then the regulars just don't care and you can catch them sleeping.
  2. When the pot is big, people are so scared of losing you take advantage with a bit of aggression.
I usually win about 2 out of 3 of them, but my problem is I win a few $2 and go straight to $10 or $25 and bust out whatever I won.

Two fundamental errors in this post. When the pot is 2x the fish just dump their stacks so they can quickly buy another lottery ticket hoping for the BIG ONE meanwhile all the good regs make most of their moneys from battling out for every chip on the most common 2x 4x and 6x games.

Second with bigger multipliers only the fish are scared thus its easier for regs to exploit them. Obviously even the regs might get a tingling feeling hitting 1000x and above multis but other than that they just tacle the games as is as anything above 6x is just bonus from playing the smaller multis as it is its the microstakes masses that breath light into the bigger multis on bigger stakes.

What prooves the point of how profitable the games are shown on This Fish Chums' post. The aquarium is full of fortune seekeers like this going for the ladder style go big or go broke players and just some high rolling whales looking for exciting action with close to 0 knowledge on the strategies involved on the format.

GL all and remember to have fun at the tables.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Two fundamental errors in this post. When the pot is 2x the fish just dump their stacks so they can quickly buy another lottery ticket hoping for the BIG ONE meanwhile all the good regs make most of their moneys from battling out for every chip on the most common 2x 4x and 6x games.

Second with bigger multipliers only the fish are scared thus its easier for regs to exploit them. Obviously even the regs might get a tingling feeling hitting 1000x and above multis but other than that they just tacle the games as is as anything above 6x is just bonus from playing the smaller multis as it is its the microstakes masses that breath light into the bigger multis on bigger stakes.

What prooves the point of how profitable the games are shown on This Fish Chums' post. The aquarium is full of fortune seekeers like this going for the ladder style go big or go broke players and just some high rolling whales looking for exciting action with close to 0 knowledge on the strategies involved on the format.

GL all and remember to have fun at the tables.

Another good post RakeFace. Much appreciated!

This is the sort of thing I was seeking when making this thread. I wanted to hear from some players with experience in the format. Your posts have definitely added some value here for me.
I'm not sure if I'm motivated enough to delve into another format as I've previously spent A LOT of time in MTT's, STT - SNG, MTT-SNG, & cash game. (never got into the hypers, & not enough in HUSNG either... but have dabbled a bit but not for many years).

I'm at a point in my life where I'm now more semi-retired than I previously was (supposedly semi-retired before but worked too much to play poker, lol). I will have some time where I could put a few days per week aside to play the pokerzzz. I have small live tournaments I can attend in my area, approx. 1 each week. Thinking I'm going to want to devote my weekends to online play as well as probably Friday (Friday 'daytime' in my time zone is 'Friday Night' in Europe... therefore the tables are much softer as I know you're aware of). Fairly recently I got to thinking "maybe these Spins might be an option for me to take a try at?" (knowing they attract a large number of fish & gamblers). I'm also a 'math guy'. The jury is still out on these... but posts like your's are helping to motivate me. Thanks.

RakeFace

RakeFace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another good post RakeFace. Much appreciated!

This is the sort of thing I was seeking when making this thread. I wanted to hear from some players with experience in the format. Your posts have definitely added some value here for me.
I'm not sure if I'm motivated enough to delve into another format as I've previously spent A LOT of time in MTT's, STT - SNG, MTT-SNG, & cash game. (never got into the hypers, & not enough in HUSNG either... but have dabbled a bit but not for many years).

I'm at a point in my life where I'm now more semi-retired than I previously was (supposedly semi-retired before but worked too much to play poker, lol). I will have some time where I could put a few days per week aside to play the pokerzzz. I have small live tournaments I can attend in my area, approx. 1 each week. Thinking I'm going to want to devote my weekends to online play as well as probably Friday (Friday 'daytime' in my time zone is 'Friday Night' in Europe... therefore the tables are much softer as I know you're aware of). Fairly recently I got to thinking "maybe these Spins might be an option for me to take a try at?" (knowing they attract a large number of fish & gamblers). I'm also a 'math guy'. The jury is still out on these... but posts like your's are helping to motivate me. Thanks.

Hi Glad to hear you got some value from it. Truth be told a lot more of this could be discussed but dunno if this is the correct thread. I also do write a blog on the blogging section https://www.cardschat.com/forum/pok...o-30-bankroll-playing-500s-363245/index2.html
I will be keeping books on my process fo going thru ths stakes especially now getting coaching and all stabled up.

Sent you PM too.

Cheers

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ok RakeFace, going to go follow your thread for a bit. Thanks again for posting.

maudoallin

maudoallin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost my bankroll once with spins, i have some bad Lucky in some hands then tried to play higher buy-ins and that was a big mistake.. just keep away from it !!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I lost my bankroll once with spins, i have some bad Lucky in some hands then tried to play higher buy-ins and that was a big mistake.. just keep away from it !!

Yah bad luck & poor BRM isn't really reason for me to stay away. I still haven't taken the plunge 'yet' but am getting ready for it.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"What expected winrate could a competent player hope to have in these?" - ~5% on decent BI
"Is collusion rampant..." - on PS i've read that top regs(100$+) just "cut" the day someplay "your" night/some play "your" day. Is that collusion i cant say, you decide. If you are refering to dumb "teamplay" - no. PS would cut that stuff very fast. On PP mostly bad reviews about bots, again... can say not my BI. In general I would say that anything that is lower than... 10-30$ BI is safe fro degeneratly good regs and bots. Still would stick to PS only thou.
All of the "blasts", "twisters" any other format would not step into unless to gambooool. I've read that a few month ago ther were a few duddes actually offering a 9-5 job to navigate bot on "twister", what is it iPoker I think?; though I read that in russain I think you can find an article in english.
thats my "IMHO#1"

"Y...ah bad luck & poor BRM isn't really reason for me to stay away" - because you are very special cookie and will not lose a flip/catch a bad run? you can check a pro russian spinner and his ~100K$ bad run over ~50K games. Thread is in russian but numbers are not.
So I would argue that any1 who wants a professianl approach to that should play in a "pool". But too be hones I think like husng at a time the game is dead or dying, you are either fighting 2 regs or just rakebacking(again we are talikng decent limits not 0.25-3$ games), a lot of players that used to play high are going from 100 to 60 to 30 arguing that it's more proffitable(1 when playing MTTs, other PLO50,), I think you can deduce why that is in a 25bb jackpot hyper game... again, personal oppinion.
GL and have fun ;)

Last edited:
RakeFace

RakeFace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Makes as much sense as tried cashgames once. Put in 100$ played NL5 lost $50 went to get it back in NL50 went busto. Stay away from cashgames they are all rigged