Any age 40+ tournament grinders out there?

Steve1821

Steve1821

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey there just wondered if there is any 40 plus year olds on here as I been playing poker for over 12 years and I am 40 now but when I was at my prime at 32 I seemed to be able to play 10 hour sessions but now I play 3 hours and just get tired! I also get more anxious now at times when at final tables ect. I am a winning low stake tournament player and rarely play cash games but these days I play more sit and goes as it’s not as long

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, you just need to know your limits and adjust. And probably its not a good idea to try to become a full time professional online player at 40+. I am 50+, and this is certainly not something, I would attempt. That is better left for young people with no family obligations and time to do something else, if and when they get tired of it.

CAC1QU3

CAC1QU3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Code:
 ... now I play 3 hours and just get tired

I don't think that there is an age limit in Poker. But beeing focussed over a long time period is "hard work" in every case. How many tables do you play and what kind of games? Do you do other things besides playing poker or are you full concentrated in the tables?

Btw: I'm 43 years old ;):rolleyes:

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m 42 years old and I play regularly. With the covid situation I’m actually playing less as the kids are home from school so don’t have those hours to grind. It is harder to play large MTT because something with family always comes up as those tournaments last 6-8 hours. I try to play turbo mostly now. That said this is a game where age really doesn’t matter if you have no other commitments. I usually play on my ipad so I can move around if necessary doing chores or what not.

Best of luck.

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ask everyone, everyone gets tired after 2-3 hours and super tired after 5 hours.

I don't know how you played 10 hours.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all the heavy lifting part should be left for the young,,,,stick to the easy parts. :dancing2:

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Age 40 here heavy machine operator rolling and lifting 50kg to 70kg materials manually too by hand this is where my salary is earned.:)
Can carry and lift 3/4 of my 6 foot tall 200 pound bodyweight all day long no problem at all.
Recommend joining a gym you will feel 10 years younger I do an hour or 2 a day before start or after finish work after the Covid-19 crisis is over no matter what age you are rewards still there working on the manhood stones your body adapts.:hahaha:

Last edited:
CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really Old

Hey there just wondered if there is any 40 plus year olds on here as I been playing poker for over 12 years and I am 40 now but when I was at my prime at 32 I seemed to be able to play 10 hour sessions but now I play 3 hours and just get tired! I also get more anxious now at times when at final tables ect. I am a winning low stake tournament player and rarely play cash games but these days I play more sit and goes as it’s not as long

I can only wish for 40 again, I play every day usually starting at 0700 and until noon or so. No I don't get tired, I guess I am just competitive? Yesterday I actually played a $0.25 buy in tournament that lasted over 7 hours..this time I did get tired and committed suicide after 7 hours..Oh yea I am 75+ years old have been playing since I was a teen and hope to be at it for a long time yet..see you at the tables...:):):)

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, I am 50+ years old and I dont think that there is an age limit in poker but for me, personally, 10 hours of poker was, is and will be to much

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am 55 now and even though my body is all broken up and I have to live on pain meds for chronic pain(with rso canibus oil being the best 1) I tend to play poker any chance I get for as long as I can. I only wish I got tired as I am also a chronic insomniac. I love to play online but have terrible reception where I live now but will be moving soon and hope to be back on the poker horse soon!!!!