Amount of re entries by some players makes no sense

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing 50c and 1$ on demand at ACR. At my table Ive seen some guys re entry 5 times. When I look at the prize money thos players needs to end up in 5th place to break even. Has anyone noticed it or are you one of them and why would you do that?

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Maybe they think they can take 1st place.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In principle a reentry is no different from late registering to another tournament. But that being said, if blinds have gotten very high, then late registration is also not a very good idea. And if blinds are not very high, you have to wonder, how someone can bust 4 times, if they are playing good poker. So they are probably not. ;)

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with Fundiver! :)

OP, keep in mind that it is a good thing for us that these players want to rebuy a million times. Almost certainly they’re entering with a “double up or bust” mentality that will be reckless play increasing everyone else’s EV.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a doctor that plays at Hardrock Tampa a lot. He is very loose and very wild. I have seen him in a $340 entry tournament reenter many many times. He said once he reentered one 13 times. He does this all the time because the money is meaningless to him and all he wants to do is get to the final table. He often has to finish in the top 5 just to breakeven. I have never seen him at a final table but im sure he does make some. I love to see him at my table if I am getting cards because he will call or go all in with nothing at all.

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Multiple entries by the same player means more money in the prize fund.

Not sure why that’s a bad thing

And lol anyone in this forum mocking anyone for busting multiple times in a tourney and dismissing them as a shit player. Just because you don’t want to spend an extra 50 cents in a three dollar tourney doesn’t make it a bad play.

K

Karl Hernandez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think reentries are that stupid.

Ist just the same as equity Calculation. The Money already in the pot isnt theirs anymore.
So ist just like any entry in any other Tournament.

But thats just a Logical answer, i myself would never reenter any Event, couldnt stand loosing any Event twice.:mad:

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is why we register early and catch the dead money.
Yeah sometimes they hit 5th and get there money back but more often than not they go bust far before that.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Eh, I’ve never cared about what people do with their money at the tables.

C

chiefmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the amount of entries is fine. every time you enter its like starting a new tournament. the problem would be entering when the blinds are too high and you can just play the next on demand, they run very often. i rarely enter that many times but when i do its when i want to keep playing the tournament and an entry would give me enough BB to have a good chance (early stages).

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The over aggression is what annoys me a bit. Because on the flop its all in they know they will just re enter. It doesnt matter what you do or have. And they call everything. In reality I rarely see them on final table. But it is more money in th pool I guess.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The over aggression is what annoys me a bit. Because on the flop its all in they know they will just re enter. It doesnt matter what you do or have. And they call everything.
This sounds like a very good thing.